Who has the saddest backstory?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
"Dragonese dragonese your mum dragonese is fat"

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Sapphire in the Thieves Guild. Always wished she could be a follower or a marriage option or something.

Clau

The Fateless One
Sapphire and Karliah. :sadface:

Karen

boop.
Unrelated (somewhat), but the recent posts about Sapphire just reminded me: do we ever get to learn what that "Eyes Open" letter is about? I remember something about keeping an eye on Sapphire, and it drove me crazy for a while when I first read it, trying to figure out what it meant. Is it related to the new stuff about Sapphire in the Dragonborn DLC?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Unrelated (somewhat), but the recent posts about Sapphire just reminded me: do we ever get to learn what that "Eyes Open" letter is about? I remember something about keeping an eye on Sapphire, and it drove me crazy for a while when I first read it, trying to figure out what it meant. Is it related to the new stuff about Sapphire in the Dragonborn DLC?
MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

Sapphires father. You meet him in the Dragonborn dlc.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
I was always a sucker for Kodlak's backstory. Not the whole "Harbinger of the Companions, honorable warrior" schtick but his emotional dilemna. Basically, him knowing his time is soon coming, and since he's unable to go out and cure his own lycanthropy due to failing health, he has to sit by and watch as Sovngarde's gates are closing for him.

And Nazeem of of course. Somethings had to have happened for him to become such a broken soul.
1. Gets married to that over-controlling, independent Ahlam.
2. Works his way to the top, yet lives at the Drunken Huntsman
3. Has an unhealthy obsession with the Cloud District.

nazeem.jpg
Tragic.

Adam Belmont

Aventus Aretino. He lost his mother and his innocence, nothing is worst for a kid than that.

Karen

boop.
MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

Sapphires father. You meet him in the Dragonborn dlc.
Ah, good. I haven't played Dragonborn yet but I don't mind spoilers. :)
Glad they did something to solve that Sapphire mystery.

Staff member
Lol it's alright, it's my fault XD Just a big fan of Sapphire is all ;)
If she hadn't already killed those bandits, I would have done much worse to them. I take that stuff seriously!

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
If she hadn't already killed those bandits, I would have done much worse to them. I take that stuff seriously!

Same here, mang. Once I got Skyrim for the pc, marrying Sapphire was one of my MAIN priorities. Her story's much darker and more real than the other npcs. I didn't even choose to help Shadr out of his debt with her :D

Willow

*SPOILER*

I found Frea's story in Solstheim to be really tragic. Her mother died when she was very young and her people (The Skaal) are brainwashed by Miraak. She also watches her father Storn (the village Shaman) die while sacrificing himself to Hermaeus Mora so you are able to finally defeat Miraak. I just love her character and it makes me sad thinking about all she went through in her life :sadface:

Ross Blake

Master Assasin
What about lydia? Unwanted housecarl gets passed onto the new thane (me) i become like the friend she never had......go adventuring together drink some skooma.......poke some dead trolls, just generally have a hoot.............THEN Boethiah comes calling and something had to give. :eek:

Staff member
*SPOILER*

I found Frea's story in Solstheim to be really tragic. Her mother died when she was very young and her people (The Skaal) are brainwashed by Miraak. She also watches her father Storn (the village Shaman) die while sacrificing himself to Hermaeus Mora so you are able to finally defeat Miraak. I just love her character and it makes me sad thinking about all she went through in her life :sadface:
Doesn't strike a cord for me. No pity there.

What about lydia? Unwanted housecarl gets passed onto the new thane (me) i become like the friend she never had......go adventuring together drink some skooma.......poke some dead trolls, just generally have a hoot.............THEN Boethiah comes calling and something had to give. :eek:
Still no.