Who are your Travelling Companions?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ross Blake

Master Assasin
Hey everyone new member here. just interested in skyrim who are your travelling companions and why? Oh and how many companions (including pets) have you managed to get on your adventure travelling with you at once?

I have
Me(Obvs), Sceolang the husky, Barbas the dog, Shadomere my horse and Marcurio my Battlemage. a

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
Faendal is my bud. I have never traveled with anyone else, but Shadowmere is always nearby

Ross Blake

Master Assasin
cool, I am trying to see how many followers u can actually get at one time certain glitches in the game like barbas means can have more than 2. but barbas is just a tank. good old barbas

OckhamsFolly

I am never far from Wolfsbane, my faithful steed.

I'm not much of one for companions. I've been considering getting a dog, but I don't feel it would be fair to ask a dog to fight a dragon.

If you want the max number of people with you, look into Dead Thrall. It requires an investment in conjuration, but you can keep bringing them back when they die. If you're patient enough, read Adam Belmont's Warlock's comprehensive Thrall Thread: Living with the Dead. They're pretty much like followers. Alternatively, you can get a thrall spell for any other kind of summonable minion.

EDIT: My apologizes, Mr. Warlock. I was in another thread with a different Adam at the time, and for some reason thought you were the same.

Ross Blake

Master Assasin
thanks ill try that! if you want a dog and havent done the clavicus vile quest yet. start the quest with the dog barbas and do it all until he asks you to get the rueful axe. then just leave that quest and u have yourself and invincible dog who takes down dragons/giants/rieklings. or he runs away but still your old buddy never dies

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
WELCOME!!! <3

My permanent follower is Barbas. I don't really like having any other followers. I still haven't gotten any horse yet, and I occasionally take one other person with me: either Lydia or Faendal.

Reasons: I love Barbas and he is my wittle puppy even though he is super annoying and always barks when we're sneaking or runs up and pushes me into traps or off cliffs. I could really do without him, but I don't want to let him go. I don't trust those daedras to "take care" of him! He deserves a much better loving home. :D
For Lydia, I hate her, but she's my housecarl and "carries my burdens" and is free help when I need someone to distract the enemy while I do important dovahkiin treasure-hunting duties. For Faendy, it's just because he's my boyfriend (whether he wants to be or not) and was the first friend I ever made in Skyrim. He's so sweet to me, is a fiiiine specimen of my same race (lol), and a hell of an archer who always has my back and even gives me free training!
The reason I only have them is because I haven't gotten super far in the game yet and haven't even been to all the cities. I don't want my character to do anything 'evil', but I kinda do wanna join DB just for Cicero. xD <3

So anyway, I've only ever had a group of three, but some day I'll probably have more! :)

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
I'm also not the biggest fan of having a bunch of followers around (stealing my thunder and all). I do however make exceptions for Jenassa from Whiterun, and my faithful steed Frost. It's good to see someone not have that pack mule Lydia along with them for once... ughh.

Ross Blake

Master Assasin
babrabs is so f***ing annoying when he constantly walks into you but hell he cant have take a hit. lydia i kind of betrayed and sacrificed her oops.

Ross Blake

Master Assasin
ye sometimes alot of followers can get annoying but then it makes me feel like iv got my own caravan of bandits muahahahahahaha

Snoball

I don't even let her carry my burdens. I'd still pick my burdens over that no-personality, mobile home any day.

OckhamsFolly

thanks ill try that! if you want a dog and havent done the clavicus vile quest yet. start the quest with the dog barbas and do it all until he asks you to get the rueful axe. then just leave that quest and u have yourself and invincible dog who takes down dragons/giants/rieklings. or he runs away but still your old buddy never dies

No can do. My character is a strict by-the-book character that I'm trying very hard to keep out of game knowledge from controlling, and an RP that would probably not help Clavicus Vile in any degree anyway. He used to have Ghorbash as a companion, but I got fed up with his pathing and came up with an in-story reason to get rid of him. Regardless, he will eventually get Borgakh as one (and I'll live with the pathing) when he marries her.

Saozig

Hippy
My Breton Rogue's traveling companion is Jenassa. Someone's gotta save his a** when he goes Giant's Toe collecting the wrong way.

My Breton Battlemage usually travels with her housecarl/BFF Jordis, but lately it's just been Trigger, her horse from Lakeview Manor. Early on her game, she traveled with Marcurio. After she became Arch-Mage she took each of the students under her wing and traveled with them for bit. Onmund's still walking around the college naked because she paralyzed him and them spam-pickpocketed his robes and hood so he'd wear a circlet and robes she gave him instead, and she keeps forgetting to give him his robes and hood back (they're in the Arch-Mage's Quarters).

My Dunmer swordswoman likes traveling with Marcurio or Kharjo. She's a professional and didn't have much patience for anyone else. She likes Jenassa but she got sick of everyone asking if they were sisters. She recently bought a horse at Whiterun, and named him Serjo.

My Redguard spellsword was strictly a Marcurio girl. Marcurio's always up for a pint of mead at the nearest tavern and a bit of drunken mischief--and he always waited patiently outside the jail for her to be released--so they made a good match.

My Bosmer ranger first traveled exclusively with Faendal, then Marcurio, who he ended up marrying. For a while he traveled with Mr Whiskers, a stray dog, but then the Thalmor killed Mr. Whiskers and my Bosmer grew to be a very bitter elf afterwards. Later he joined the TG and pretty much only traveled with Gypsy the Grey, his horse from Windstad Manor, who he neurotically protected from any heartless, innocent beast-killing Thalmor.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
I have used teldryn I have used serana but no one compares to Kharjo I have 150+hrs with him he just doesn't annoy me like all the other followers.

Ross Blake

Master Assasin
marcurio was my most powerful but when he started getting more kills than me i got pissed off and unrelenting forced him off of high hrothgar! kharjo is wicked.

JoeReese

I travel with Jenassa too, although she sometimes gets entire-dungeon lost, so I'm on my own. She is worlds better than Mjoll I think. Though Mjoll was a beast in battle and not hard on the eyes, she NEVER shut up.

Jenassa is quick, a hard fighter, and more importantly wears light armor. I tried pickpocketing her base leather armor, which she just "regrew" but even with it, she doesn't lose much carrying capacity, whereas Mjoll has that banded iron on under anything you give her. Ria is also a good follower, quieter than both Jenassa and Mjoll, and doesn't seem to rush in front of my arrows like others. If Jenassa "tires of waiting and leaves your service" again, I will take on Ria full-time.

Snoball

I travel with Jenassa too, although she sometimes gets entire-dungeon lost, so I'm on my own. She is worlds better than Mjoll I think. Though Mjoll was a beast in battle and not hard on the eyes, she NEVER shut up.

Jenassa is quick, a hard fighter, and more importantly wears light armor. I tried pickpocketing her base leather armor, which she just "regrew" but even with it, she doesn't lose much carrying capacity, whereas Mjoll has that banded iron on under anything you give her. Ria is also a good follower, quieter than both Jenassa and Mjoll, and doesn't seem to rush in front of my arrows like others. If Jenassa "tires of waiting and leaves your service" again, I will take on Ria full-time.

aerin.jpg
I enjoyed Mjoll too up until realizing how DAMN ATTACHED AERIN WAS. Even after marrying her, he's still a monkey on your back whenever your in Riften. I tried killing him, but Mjoll basically shuns you for it. Too much baggage, too much baggage.​

Lars Of Morrowind

With my current character, I'm traveling with Faendal, Iona, and a downloaded character. I've always loved Faendal, and the other two are mostly just to carry my stuff.
On all my other characters, Marcurio is one of the followers. He's probably my favourite follower (and possibly my favourite npc), but I decided to try to use different people this time lol.

JoeReese

LOL, that's about right. I took her to my house once, gave her decent armor, dismissed her, and tried to pickpocket her old armor. She turned and attacked, and then suddenly Aerin was in the bedroom in Windhelm, attacking too. It was like he stalked us all the way to my house and waited outside for the moment to attack. Creepy.

JoeReese

I used to like Marcurio, but on one of my games he left without being dismissed, got me killed trying to find him, and then went to charge me $500 more to get my good gear back. I tried to pickpocket it but got caught (I'm really not a good thief) and wound up killing him. Then I teabagged him for good measure.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts