• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
While I may be a Thane in Whiterun, I just completed the initial Jagged Crown quest (the crown of course) and gave it to Ulrich, but now I have to give that damned Ax to Whiterun's Jarl. Oye! I do have a home in Whiterun, but am concerned that I may not be welcome in the city after I present the Ax, so I'm moving all my stuff up to Markath.

Am I right in assuming that things will get messy after I present the Ax?

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
Aside from certain residents complaining about the Stormcloaks taking over the city, you should be good there.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
While I may be a Thane in Whiterun, I just completed the initial Jagged Crown quest (the crown of course) and gave it to Ulrich, but now I have to give that damned Ax to Whiterun's Jarl. Oye! I do have a home in Whiterun, but am concerned that I may not be welcome in the city after I present the Ax, so I'm moving all my stuff up to Markath.

Am I right in assuming that things will get messy after I present the Ax?
Well if you allow me to give you spoilers then I'll tell you

But don't worry, Balgruuf is just gonna get mad at you (In the event after presenting the Axe)

Daelon DuLac

Well if you allow me to give you spoilers then I'll tell you

But don't worry, Balgruuf is just gonna get mad at you (In the event after presenting the Axe)
Hey, I like him and his folks. I don't wanna have to kill any of them. Besides, I have a crush on the blacksmith, and her salesman? I foresee some interesting times (especially after I kill Lydia). Besides, I would think that the Brotherhood and the Stormcloaks would get along pretty well. Sure the Brotherhood is a bunch of dogs, but the Stormcloaks act like 'em all the time anyway.

By the way - the Jagged Crown affair was fun. I don't usually work in a group, but they were a bunch tough of mudder fackers!

Alysa Roesch

Master Theif
None of the people of Whiterun died when I gave him the ax :) I won't spoil anything but I wouldn't worry about upsetting anyone in the city or anything. Everything pretty much stayed the same for me.

Two Bears

Yeah, your stuff will be fine in Whiterun. It would be cool if the Civil War questline had greater impact on the game world, like the Hoover Dam conflict in New Vegas, but alas no. :sadface:

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...Besides, I have a crush on the blacksmith, and her salesman?...
That's her husband. Her business suffers afterwards because she's not a Nord.

... Besides, I would think that the Brotherhood and the Stormcloaks would get along pretty well. Sure the Brotherhood is a bunch of dogs, but the Stormcloaks act like 'em all the time anyway.
Unless you're being metaphorical about the dog comment, it's the Companions not the Brotherhood. The Dark Brotherhood gets along fine with whoever is paying them....until someone else pays them in turn to kill that person muahahahaha.

Daelon DuLac

That's her husband. Her business suffers afterwards because she's not a Nord.

Unless you're being metaphorical about the dog comment, it's the Companions not the Brotherhood. The Dark Brotherhood gets along fine with whoever is paying them....until someone else pays them in turn to kill that person muahahahaha.
Her husband? Hmmm.... that really would make things interesting... hmmmm.... I'll make sure her business doesn't suffer. I luv using her equipment.

Actually, I meant the Companions, but, you are right, as a metaphorical comment, the dog thing on the brotherhood was pretty witty... My other 1/2 always says I'm much more intelligent and witty when I don't use my brain.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm about to go on a selling spree (I want to buy a house in Solitude - again, I like the Jarl, she's cute... a bit of a wimp, but cute nontheless!

Daelon DuLac

Jarl Elisif is a cutey, I agree. If only my character could marry her! :sadface:
I always think it's cute when she says I'm someone she can trust. I also like her steward and his constant thanks for everything I've done for Solitude (? - what? I just killed a few vampires and eliminated the issue of the Wolf Queen - no big thang!). I just worry about they're attitude when they find out I've presented Ulfrich's ax to the Jarl of Whiterun.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I always think it's cute when she says I'm someone she can trust. I also like her steward and his constant thanks for everything I've done for Solitude (? - what? I just killed a few vampires and eliminated the issue of the Wolf Queen - no big thang!). I just worry about they're attitude when they find out I've presented Ulfrich's ax to the Jarl of Whiterun.

It's war dude. Can't let some unattainable pussy get in the way of your decision. :p

Daelon DuLac

It's war dude. Can't let some unattainable pussy get in the way of your decision. :p
Who says it was a decision. I'm only in it for the profit. I dont' care who wins. Just give me the cash. If I have to kill my own to get what I want, I will. War? War? These folks know nothing about war. I will teach them.