• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which wiki do you prefer?

• Total voters

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I rely more on UESP. Wikia simply isn't as reliable, much of its content doesn't adhere to basic Wiki standards, the admins there don't do anything to fix it even after its brought to their attention, and some are even the authors of the poor content. I've never even heard of The Skyrim Specific Wiki before.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I've never heard of choice #3 either.

I prefer the UESP. I do use the wikia site once in a while if I'm looking for pictures, there seems to just be more of what I'm looking for visually there.

All sites should be applauded for what they do for the community though.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
UESP. It seems a bit more thought-out, well-designed, and maintained more than Wikia.
Hadn't heard of the third one before. Found out that "Lydia" is a stub article, and that doesn't bode well for me.
It seems to be ignored (it shows up first half way down the page on a Google search for Skyrim Wikis).

ShadowGambit

UESP seems the most reliable to me.

They have more participants and their overall conclusion are much better and right to the point.

The different formulas from the game, I get from UESP.

Jaeger

The wikia always seem to crash my iPad, so I use the UESP.

I also like the see map function at the UESP. Has all the mining spots in the wilderness.

I use them all (Counting Skyrim Blogs, and the Articles here, because while not technically Wikis, they are edited the same way.) I like Wikia best, because of the format, and lore, but use UESPW for Console Codes, when I need them. (For instance to look up items, and spells not found in the game, like Spectral Arrow, and Nocturnal's Robes.)

MMZephyr

I haven't really used UESP, but I don't like the visual style. What I like about the first choice is the specific pages for just about everything. Trivia is interesting to read, but what's most useful is the stats they give.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think UESP has that.

Like everyone else, I haven't even seen that last one before.

ShadowGambit

I haven't really used UESP, but I don't like the visual style. What I like about the first choice is the specific pages for just about everything. Trivia is interesting to read, but what's most useful is the stats they give.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think UESP has that.

Like everyone else, I haven't even seen that last one before.

if you are talking about armor/weapons stats then UESP has that it is more accurate than Wikia.

If you are talking about Follower stats (like the stats for the Housecarl at level 50), then I never seen it on UESP pages...

MMZephyr

if you are talking about armor/weapons stats then UESP has that it is more accurate than Wikia.

If you are talking about Follower stats (like the stats for the Housecarl at level 50), then I never seen it on UESP pages...

I mean stats like frost troll health, weaknesses, damage it gives per blow, etc.