Which stone to take for a Dunmer Vampire Mage?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I'm wondering on whether to take the Atronach Stone or the Lord Stone.

The reason I narrowed my choices down to these two is because I got the idea of making this archetype based solely on Dagoth Ur. According to UESPWiki, he would be proficient in Destruction, Alteration, and Restoration. Also he has a 50% resistance to Frost, Fire, and Shock. So yeah, I'll definitely need some much needed protection in battles against spellcasting foes.

With the Atronach Stone plus the Atronach perk, I can absorb 80% of any spell and add that to my magicka. Also, the 2 Recovery perks in Restoration cancel out the -50% magicka regeneration I would get with the stone's ability. However, I have never tried the Atronach Stone, so I don't know just how useful this is based on experience. The Lord Stone is generally useful for it's 25% magic resistance, which helps offset the weakness to fire that vampires receive plus the Dunmer's natural fire resistance. It even stacks beautifully with the frost resistance Vampires have and the Magic Resistance perk from the Alteration tree.

That being said, which stone would be most beneficial to my character in terms of staying alive longer in fights with mages?

Jaeger

Are you forgetting the Necromage perk? Since you're Undead, buffing spells, effects, stone powers, is 25% better. Check the restoration page at uesp for the synergy goodies of vampire/necromage.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Are you forgetting the Necromage perk? Since you're Undead, buffing spells, effects, stone powers, is 25% better. Check the restoration page at uesp for the synergy goodies of vampire/necromage.
I checked it out and I'm definitely taking that perk. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

The question still remains though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts