Which of these character builds would you choose?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which of these character builds would you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Out of only those two I'd go with the Viking. Just because my 1st character I ever made (well... he was actually a sorcerer but regardless) the character he's BECOME in my novels is a light armored dual wielding swordsman. So I'd favor light armor and one handed weapons ^_^

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Since I loathe the stormcloaks (and I almost always play a Nord), I would obviously go for the hero.

To me there's something incredibly satisfying about killing both Ulfric and his jacka** sidekick EVERY time I do it (I'll even quit right after that just so I can do it again). Sometimes, I have trouble waiting until General T asks me if I want to do it.

Personally, as soon as I hear those two have a conversation for the first time, I would luv to be able to simply cut them down in the throne room and deal with the consequences and end the war then and there.

I actually kind of enjoy the loathing that the folks in Windlhelm have for me after I do it. Let 'em whine. I won.

Comenius

Viking
The Stormcloak armor is just an example, because I think their armor looks alot like something that could be worn by a viking. Any other guard armor would probably also work.

Daelon DuLac

The Stormcloak armor is just an example, because I think their armor looks alot like something that could be worn by a viking. Any other guard armor would probably also work.
Personally, I don't think the guard armor looks very viking at all. While I agree that the chain sections of it may, the fabric and colours are simply unrealistic in the context.

Twiffle

IMHO, i think the designers went to sleep on the day they did Light Armour design, they all look just awful apart from Dragon, but thats just my 2 bobs worth, , , , , :D

Daelon DuLac

IMHO, i think the designers went to sleep on the day they did Light Armour design, they all look just awful apart from Dragon, but thats just my 2 bobs worth, , , , , :D
I don't mind the Legion, fur, hide, studded and scaled so much, but the Elven and Glass somehow got lost in translation. What's with the big butts? And the colours! How can you sneak wearing that stuff? They're reflective and practically scream "LOOK AT ME!". I know Altmers are a bit flashy, but, please...

LuChao

The Martial artist
I personally would do both

I'll go with the Viking too, as you can't sharpen 'Wuuthrad' so damage will always be limited... and you will only get damage improvements from Enchanting for two-hand.. much longer road...For Roll-play I guess you could make the nord work.

Doubt it will be any good on legendary - though -

Daelon DuLac

I'll go with the Viking too, as you can't sharpen 'Wuuthrad' so damage will always be limited... and you will only get damage improvements from Enchanting for two-hand.. much longer road...For Roll-play I guess you could make the nord work.

Doubt it will be any good on legendary - though -
What would you suggest on Legendary that might be Viking worthy?

Any other Battleaxe... that could be sharpened/tempered.
Wuuthrad looks cool, but doesn't do the damage you will need on the higher setting..
You have to kinda grind up skills to play legendary anyhow... least I have to.

My opinion and comments are my views based in Wuuthrad... I just realized...

Daelon DuLac

Any other Battleaxe... that could be sharpened/tempered.
Wuuthrad looks cool, but doesn't do the damage you will need on the higher setting..
You have to kinda grind up skills to play legendary anyhow... least I have to.
Agree on Wuthrud. What would you suggest as armor? I'm thinking Ancient Nordic (no helm) would be the way to go, simply because it's still light and you can upgrade it, unlike hide or fur, to a decent level.

I haven't got to see the ancient yet.. on
I took a liking to the carved, for the heavy, well not the teddybear hat so much.. but I got over it.

Daelon DuLac

I haven't got to see the ancient yet.. on
I took a liking to the carved, for the heavy, well not the teddybear hat so much.. but I got over it.
I like it too, but it's not very authentically Viking. I do, however almost always use it with my Companions guys once I get the right perk. It takes me right throught the end of the game. I find it the most heroic looking. The Ancient is the stuff that the draugers wear basically. I think Aela wears it too.

I couldn't agree more about the big butt look of the light armor tree > really bad..
I use leather, or the dragon scales when playing light.
I have to check out the netchleather armor tonight..or it is bonemold, does it look better on than the preview suggests?
Yellow stuff from Solstheim... I do not see myself wearing any of that exoskeleton stuff... just gross...

edit netch

Lordofthemelons11

Lord of all type of Melons (including Watermelons)
I couldn't agree more about the big butt look of the light armor tree > really bad..
I have to check out the netchleather armor tonight..or it is bonemold, does it look better on than the preview suggests?
Yellow stuff from Solstheim... I do not see myself wearing any of that exoskeleton stuff... just gross...

edit netch

The chitin armor? I think that's one of the most badass looking light armours there is.

Comenius

Viking

edit netch

I don't think that Dragonscale would fit a Stormcloak supporter though... To be honest, the Dragonscale armor reminds me alot of the "Imperial Dragonscale Armor" from Morrowind.

And to all of you: It should be noted that I'm choosing armor based on role playing reasons, not armor rating.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Stormcloaks have supporters? What sorcery is this?

Penitus Oculatus is my favorite Imperial light armor. Just looks too sexy to pass up.

Other than that, I generally prefer heavy armor. Mainly because I dislike that on many light armors the characters leg can clip through it, and that irritates me. Since I dislike elven and glass, I just use heavy.

At the moment I have a Nord Barbarian wearing Savior's hide, scaled gauntlets & boots, with a leather helmet. It does the job.

dragonscale is a bit much for the lowly stormcloaks.yeah.
but then again so is the thu'um...
I know a lot of people put off dragon quests to roleplay... just seems hard on the higher difficulty.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts