• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neriad13

Premium Member
...I always switch around my sleep schedule so that we're out and about at night and sleeping during the day, even though I'm a Dawnguard myself. It doesn't effect my business ventures terribly much, as I usually stay up long enough into the morning to catch the shops while they're open. It just seems like the polite thing to do when you're traveling with a vampire. Serana seems happier too - she no longer complains so much about being in the sunlight.

Anyone else have semi-silly role-playing idiosyncrasies? :p

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Well usually when she complains about weather etc. I either use the Clear Skies shout, or run to the nearest building I find, depending on the complaint. I also prefer to travel at night mostly because we're vamps and I care about her, and to get cool looking night screenshots when the northern lights show up (my avatar being an example). I've even started wearing my hood when I head outside, and taking it off when inside.

Also, almost every few nights I head over to the Silver-Blood Inn in Markarth, to listen to Ogmund play music, and to start drinking. Once I drink too much I start throwing crap everywhere while yelling insults at everyone. Too bad they don't throw you out for trashing the place.

Wouldn't it be cool if there were random fist fights at inns and such?

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Sucks that you can't. Oh well, I planned on turning an old ruin or some other cool looking building into a makeshift temple, and then using it to 'marry' her. I mean, might as well use my imagination, since I highly doubt they're ever gonna make her officially marry-able. Plus it will give me something different to do.

Adam Warlock

After Harkon`s death , I talked to Serana about what she wanted to do and she decided to go get cured.
She`s back at Fort Dawnguard now but doesn`t mingle much.
Dexion will sit with her sometimes but no interactions noted with any of the rest

I got Durak and the other 4 followers there to come with me one at a time and told them to sit
down next to her so that she can find acceptance as a normal person.

Once she`s adjusted , I`ll take her to see her mother again.
Valerica has been friendly as I pass through to the Soul Cairn and restocks her shelves and garden with goodies for me.
That and the fact that it would hurt Serana are the only reasons I`ve haven`t killed the bloodsucker

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
When I saw the thread title I expected something along the lines of, "When I'm with Serana, I get this feeling that I just can't control. When I see her..."

Whenever I am with Serana I can't wait to get rid of her. She has more problems than the other companions. She like the others says the same lines over and over while walking around. She like the others stands in narrow corridors and doorways making it a pain to get by. She like others will walk in front of you while you are swinging/aiming your weapon at an enemy. But unlike the others she also will raise the enemies you kill from the dead so that if you are a werewolf you can't devour their hearts for more health and werewolf perk progression, and even after you kill the minions she raises you still can't eat them.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Whenever I am with Serana I can't wait to get rid of her. She has more problems than the other companions. She like the others says the same lines over and over while walking around. She like the others stands in narrow corridors and doorways making it a pain to get by. She like others will walk in front of you while you are swinging/aiming your weapon at an enemy. But unlike the others she also will raise the enemies you kill from the dead so that if you are a werewolf you can't devour their hearts for more health and werewolf perk progression, and even after you kill the minions she raises you still can't eat them.

Agreed. Though I do like Serana for the most part, I'm very, very glad that I'm playing on PC with her. I'm constantly using console commands to get her back to me whenever she gets lost (which is once every ten minutes at the very least) and now that I've been :spoiler: turned into a vampire to get into Soul Cairn, I've got a brand new problem with her. Sometime in the Dawnguard questline, she somehow picked up what I believe is the sunburst spell (unsure, as I've never used Restoration before), which is a burst of light that harms undead but not the living. It's a great help when we're killing vampires and I was pretty impressed with her when she first demonstrated her skills. Not so much now that I'm undead and just as liable to get blown up by it. She hasn't killed me yet, but I have got to keep an eye on my health around her now. :eek:

Adam Warlock

btw for those who are interested , Serana`s true eye color is a beautiful emerald green.

Decided to rework her look into something more tribal and less goth to accentuate her great beauty

Serana now wearing :

Legendary Forsworn Headress with Magicka(no more hoods!)
Legendary Forsworn Armor with Health and Stamina
Legendary Hide Boots with Muffle and Resist Fire
Bone Hawk Amulet with Resist Magicx2
Bone Hawk Ring with Resist Frost and Resist Shock

she is an absolutely stunning fantasy goddess

When she complains now about the sun being bad for her skin , I just give her some troll fat to rub on it

Neriad13

Premium Member
Serana and I recently made a pilgrimage to Azura's Shrine, a short stop on the way to Aftland, because I'd passed by it a couple times but had never actually visited the shrine like a good Dunmer ought. It felt like an optimal time to be praying before descending into a nest of Falmer. While I was chatting with Aranea, Serana took up a spot right next to her and began worshipping Azura herself. :eek: She did it for quite a while too.

I'd been curious about her faith for a while. Whenever I visited temples or stopped to pay respects to fallen allies in Halls of the Dead, she seemed to show no interest whatsoever in the Divine Shrines. Likewise and obviously, she had no love for Meridia's Shrine. And now, after everything she's been through and seen, I've got to wonder how strong her faith in Molag Bal is. Maybe she was just asking Azura for foresight and guidance for what she must do in the near future.

Adam Warlock

^When she started worshipping at the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon , I got her away from there fast !
Sure don`t want that guy showing up

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
^When she started worshipping at the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon , I got her away from there fast !
Sure don`t want that guy showing up
"You know, Serana, it's kind of that guy's fault that the world's in such a crappy state right now. Mind easing up on the adoration a bit?"

Xivia4

She also worshipped to the Shrine of Molag Bal within the Abandoned House. I wasn't sure it it was Stockholm or just plain WTF from Beth or a combination of both. o_O

Shavon Black

I don't have any RP idiosyncrasies with Serana per se, but I do with other followers. For example, I "paid" the Orc I was traveling with to get to Serana initially, since he would have to travel out of the cave by himself. Generally, I like to give a 20% - 50 % portion of decent loot to a follower who is helpong me with clearing out bandit hideouts or caves.

Serana seemed to be alright when the sun is up, bit it does feel mean to keep her out in direct sunlight for too long.

Neriad13

Premium Member
"You know, Serana, it's kind of that guy's fault that the world's in such a crappy state right now. Mind easing up on the adoration a bit?"

However, to her credit, she is a bit behind on recent history. I attempted to rectify the situation by taking her on a nice tour of the Dawnstar Museum very shortly after she'd woken up. Though she did seem more interested in Silus' cooking pot than his lectures.

Adam Warlock

Serana is quite fun to watch in one of the fully equipped Hearthfire houses.
So many things to use and places to sit she never stops for a minute.
when I started construction she jumped right in and hammered away at the anvil next to me and later she mined clay while I quarried stone at Windstad
one thing she`s not is lazy

Adam Warlock

I know that Serana retained her spells after she got cured and I read somewhere that she can still transmit vampirism under certain circumstances.
But could a PC owner tell me if she still has the vampiric weakness to fire or resistance to frost after she`s been to see Falion?
I realize she can`t be killed but I`d still like her gear to be appropriately enchanted

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts