• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Will the murder mystery be solved?

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
    • No

Votes: 6 30.0%
    • Maybe

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

EleanorUnicorn

Valena settled back in her chair and got comfy. She smiled at the Argonian, who despite his previous anger, seemed to be quite the gentleman.

"My name's Valena, of Valenwood. Bosmer if you hadn't noticed already. Just a traveling hunter, nothing as fancy as a mountain mansion dweller.. Spent my childhood in the forests of Valenwood before I ran away to Cyrodiil at fifteen, trouble with the Altmer back in my homeland you see. Crossed the border and reached Anvil, where I stayed for a year or two working in a General Goods Store. Then I went on to Skingrad where I was apprentice to one of the best alchemists in Tamriel, then the Imperial city itself! Got a job in a fletchers in the market district, which allowed me all the time in the world to practice with my bow. After that, I wandered north to Bruma and met the Nords. In the beginning I had more than my fair share of 'Puny Elf' comments, but I proved them wrong when I slaughtered an Ogre in sight of the city walls with only three arrows. Anyway, a couple of Nords I knew in Bruma were traveling back to Skyrim, a pilgrimage to the Gildergreen in Whiterun, and offered me a ride in their carriage. I didn't see why not, as I'd seen most of Cyrodiil already and was keen to see more new land. I arrived here about three months ago, on my twentieth name day, and have been wandering north ever since, hunting to eat and chopping wood for gold. Didn't count on Skyrim being so hostile or cold though. What about you Argonian, Nagisus, wasn't it? What's your story, if you don't mind me asking? And I don't believe I've met your friend here before?"

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    (OOC- let all the inquisitors please post first so they can catch up to with the rest of us and get their character to the morning)

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Rowyn grimaced silently as Nikos "fell" against her. She felt his hand against her back and resisted the urge to thrust him away from her. Her main focus was to get him away from here, not for his sake but for the innocents'. She gingerly manuevered his arm around her shoulders so she could support him and then began to walk away towards the inn.

There were a few things that caught her eye though. For one, the Argonian man that had been fighting the inebriated Nikos was passed out on the ground with his hand oozing blood, and second that there were a lot of people in that house that seemed terribly disconnected from each other. They were all different races, ages, and genders and it appeared that the Bosmer woman had just come upon them when Rowyn had decided to intervene.

Rowyn decided that it was best to say nothing to Nikos unless he spoke to her directly, so she stayed silent all the way to the inn. She led him to his room, all the while a frown forming on her face, and had him sit down so she could clean and wrap the wound on his leg. She wanted to do it hastily and retreat from his room of sex and dominance, but she forced herself to clean the wound thoroughly. To justify it to herself, because she couldn't imagine that she was actually doing this for someone like him, she thought to herself that it would probably be better that infection didn't set in so she couldn't be blamed for anything.

As soon as the wound was cleaned and it was wrapped with a clean piece of cloth, she quickly left the room in hopes that his state alone would prevent him from attempting anything unpleasant whether it be in word form or otherwise. She briskly braved the cold early morning in order to get back to her own room, so she could unwind and maybe fall asleep. It wasn't long before she opened her door and let out a giant sigh of relief when it had been shut behind her. The room was dark and it was just as she had left it. Tiredly, she had stripped herself of her heavy clothing and crawled into the warm furs that lay on top of her bed.

When morning arrived Rowyn didn't know exactly how to comprehend what her mind was replaying from the night before. She ran through it slowly, trying to remember every detail, and shivered when she thought about Nikos and his drunken event.

"That was stupid..." She murmured to herself as she thought about how she had lured Nikos away from the apparent suspects, but she knew that she had to help someway and more violence would have just made things worse for everyone. She yawned, the freckle beside her mouth moved with the stretch of her skin around her lips, and then proceeded to redress for the day. She decided that she would have a peaceful encounter with the people from last night. She would try and pass it off as a disturbance that needed to be noted, which wouldn't be hard at all to do. With that decision being made, she left her room to go to the dining hall where she would take some bread with her to eat on the way to the house from the night before.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Erikk got out of track, his only lead with the vigilantes lost in the cold winds. Despite being a malicious worshiper of violence, he still wanted for the mystery to be solved. But he feels that that goal is being impeded by the vigilantes, thus his first goal was to "apprehend" them.

He backtracked once again to the houses near the deep forest. What he saw then was not how it was from when he last been there, his fellow inquisitors Nikos and Rowyn in front of a rather large house, almost a manor. Nikos, looking drunk as ever, was being too friendly with the inhabitants, a varied group of individuals a sight that is very odd in the town of Jorlesstead as most of the citizens are nordic and imperial decent, some redguards but never any races outside of humans. An argonian and different mers all inside the house. Erikk watched the scene for a while as Rowyn assisted Nikos out of the area, the drunken imperial looking like he enjoyed himself as much as the unconscious argonian with his face buried deep in snow. Why would these two be around this particular house? More importantly, why is there a group of citizens in that building?

Erikk decided to watch what will transpire next in the building but intended to do so discretely. He banged on the door of the adjacent house. "Open up, official inquisitor business." A family of redguards answer the door, their daughter greet him with a smile. "Can we help you, inquisitor?" Erikk invited himself inside the house, much to the displeasure of the man of the family. Erikk went upstairs, finding a room that is directly opposite the large house. The redguard followed him upstairs, placing his hand on the inquisitor's shoulder in an effort to stop him. "What are you doing?!" Erikk turned towards him and with an angry glare, sent the redguard flying towards the wall. He kicked open a room before him, its windows perfectly positioned to give a good view of the outside of the house, portions of the window is slightly dirty which is advantageous to him if ever someone nosy decided to look up. "Perfect."

Erikk went downstairs and crushed the hinges of the building's doors, preventing anyone from coming in or out. "Listen up ingrates, this house is now under me unless I say otherwise. You are to go about your daily lives unless it involves going out because as you can see, no one can leave. You will be rewarded with gold for your cooperation. Now you, woman, grab your husband and lay him down or something." Erikk spoke in mild tone, despite this, the words that came out of his mouth is enough to put fear in the family.

Erikk peered through the window for hours until nightfall, but saw nothing out of the ordinary except for a bosmer who entered the house. He decided to sleep as fatigue is starting to enter his body. He laid down on the bed, not caring if the inhabitants of the house he was in would strangle him in his sleep as the doors to his room is barred by furniture.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Nikos slept dreaming of blood, booze and boobs...
    A pretty general night.

But as he awoke, rolled the wrong way and ended up of the cold flagstones, he couldn'treally curse the fact that his wrathful, sinful and carnal dreams had ended in such an abrupt fashion...as his waking hours were an extension of them; except, with a much more intense feeling to accompany the acts.

He peeled himself off the floor with a groan, his leg injury reduced to a relatively painless ache. So, he pulled himself up into a sitting position with his bad leg out front so he could inspect it. He tugged at the bandages and revealed a bruised, but clean, wound with a lessened amount of puffy swelling. The imperial looked at it approvingly before tearing at one of the linen bed sheets and making a new bandage. The barkeep owed him anyway because, if it got out like a respectable man like that was to be found out as a adulterer then that would be very bad for business and very bad for his manhood (as the poor mans wife would probably cut it off with a rusty cleaver).
    So, he tied the bandage up, stood, grabbed his waiting bottle of morning (now afternoon) mead and wandered around the tavern, flirting and being a 'nuisance', in just his pants.
    But then, then he remembered he had a job to do, got dressed...and leant over the porch fence outside...just so it looked like he was doing something...

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    "I was born and raised in a little villa, coated in moss and vines, in Lilmoth. It was called "Dwexhlasnblutreekayad Nuxohlehlwer." That's Jel for "Nice House." I like to thing we Argonians are a simple folk. I set off from my home when I was fairly young, must have only just come of age. I was going on a trading trip to High Rock through Cyrodiil and part of Hammerfell, to buy somewhere nice to myself. After I'd finished trading in Bruma, bears attacked, tore up the map and sent me in a completely different direction to High Rock. But I followed that direction and reached Riften. By the time I'd finished trading I was fairly rich, and I bought a mansion in the mountains. That's all I'm allowed to delegate. Err, tell you. Err, want, not allowed." Nagisus shifted oddly for a bit. "Ahem, well, I'm not really fancy. I grew up in a regular place in a regular Argonian city. I just have a lot of money. Otherwise, I'm a perfectly normal person. When I walk into the Riften market, I get racist comments thrown at me just as much as any other non-Nord."

EleanorUnicorn

Valena listened to Nagisus's story with interest.. How he had lived in a villa in Lilmoth with an impossible to pronounce name, and how he had encountered a bear on his travels which had destroyed his map, and how he had ended up in Riften, Skyrim rather than in High Rock, home of the Bretons. He had made his fortune in Riften, then bought a mansion in the mountains.

"But I'm not really fancy" Nagisus admitted, "I grew up in a regular place in a regular Argonian city, I just have a lot of money. Otherwise, I'm a perfectly normal person. When I walk into the Riften Market, I get racist comments thrown at me just as much as any other non Nord."

Valena could relate to the Argonian with the racist comments. While Cyrodiil had been a haven of equality and peace between all ten races, Skyrim seemed only to favour the Nords. Valena had recieved more than her fair share of 'Puny Elf' and 'Provincials wandering Skyrim.. what a disgrace.." comments. The way she saw it, Tamriel is Tamriel and should be a united land for all races to live where they choose, but many Nords disagreed. They saw the Empire as a sort of dictatorship, it seemed.

"It's a long journey from Riften to as far north as Jorlesstead." Valena said to the Argonian. "I take it that you're not here just for sightseeing.. Nasuuma mentioned murders? When did the killings happen, and do you have any leads yet?"

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    "There have been three victims so far. It's been thirty days since the last one. And no. Sadly, as of now we have no clues. Which is why we're going to have to have a quick breakfast and go look for clues. The latest victim was Nulwodern Benhlulu. He was burnt to death. So we'll have to look for somebody who does stuff involving fire and what ho. I'd say we all get some food in us and set off to the blacksmith's." He got up and dusted himself off. "So, where's the kitchen? Trekking across Tamriel, you kinda teach yourself to cook."

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Rowyn munched on her bread as she walked down the snow covered road. The giant house wasn't hard to miss especially now that the sun was shining weakly through the clouds. Her coat flapped behind her legs as she walked purposefully towards the house, and her red braid swayed behind and then came to a stop as she raised her hand to knock on the door. She knocked three times and listened to the voices talking inside. She figured that perhaps if she got them to open the door on their own accord they would be more cooperative, so she waited patiently outside and shuffled her feet against the snow on the ground.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Nasuuma was sitting in her chair while Valena and Nagisus talked and to be honest Nasuuma wasn't listening as she found their conversationa bit boring about their histories. Nasuuma was waiting for them to stop yacking so they could get on to the investigating. Nasuuma then realised she was being quite bitchy and she decided she should think possitivly instead of bitching about the people who were prepared to help her solve these catastrophic murders which plagued Jorrelstead.

Nasuuma continues to look outside at the snow which was still falling, but with less furiosity. Nasuuma stood up as Nagisus wanted to have some breakfast which was the same for her as she was starving so she walked to where she presumed was the kitchen and she found a loaf of bread and some fruit which she decided was an okay breakfast, but they all needed their strength and a loaf of bread and some fruit weren't going to succed that.

"Nagisus find some other things we could use for our breakfast, already found some fruit and a loaf of bread so use that and try and find something else as well." Nasuuma said with authority. She was going to have another look around the kitchen when she heard a knock at the door.
    " Oh please don't let it be another fluffing inquisitor!" Nasuuma said in frustration walking to the door and opening it with ease.

There stood a woman in inquisitor uniform.
    " What so you want and why are you here?" Nasuuma asked angrily giving the woman a stern glare andshe began to put her fingers in the pocket where she had her knife in.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    ((OOC: We're all dressed differently so I wouldn't call it a uniform...))

Rowyn was a bit taken aback by the Dunmer woman's anger. She hadn't expected her to be immediately hostile, but of course she should have expected such reaction when her comrades went around so blatantly starting fights like Nikos did last night. She examined the woman quickly noticing that the woman had her hand in her pocket, grasping something by the looks of it, and then she looked past the defensive woman into the house. The house was quaint and spacious...and still filled with people from the sound of it. She smiled to the woman warmly, but not overly so and began to explain herself.

"My name is Rowyn Juwins. I'm working on the murder case going on right now, as you must already know, but this morning I'm here about that disturbance last night. I just needed to get a few statements from all that were involved." She fished around in her pocket and pulled out a small book and a piece of sharpened charcoal.

"I know that this must seem pointless to you, but I'd like to uphold some sense of stability in this town while I'm here since the guards obviously didn't care to come break anything up." She paused and listened a little more to whatever might be going on inside the house in hopes of catching some urgent shuffling of feet or something of the like. The pause was short though and she smiled again to the woman, more softly this time.

"I also wanted to check and make sure everyone was okay here. I have some medical training in cleaning wounds if anyone needs it." She offered this gently so as to not spook the woman any further and moved her hands behind her back after placing the charcoal behind her ear beside the auburn locks of her hair that was freshly re-braided just this morning.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Nasuuma was taken back by how nice this inquisitor was. She had never met any inquisiotr who had been so caring and loving like this woman. Nasuuma found it hard and a part of her felt like Rowyn was just a liar and she didn't mena anything of what she just said.
    " Well you may come in if you like, but I so warn you that some people might be a bit hostile towards you, ya know because of who you are." Nasuuma said giving a nasty look inviting the woman in with cautisousness.
    " If there is any funny business from you, well something bad might happen." Nasuuma said angrily definatly showing her reacions on how she's not comfortable with an inqusitor present.

EleanorUnicorn

Valena sat in her chair chewing on a hunk of salted meat, regarding the newcomer at the door with curiosity and slight suspicion. The auburn haired Imperial woman had declared herself an Inquisitor, the gang of so called vigilantes Nasuuma had been quick to scorn earlier, but the woman herself seemed pleasant and genuine enough. She introduced herself as Rowyn Juwins and explained that she would like to complile some statements about the disturbance last night, seemingly in the interest of the village's security. She even offered to heal anyone who may have been hurt, although Valena had already attended to Nagisus's wounds.

Nasuuma looked the Imperial Inquisitor up and down and grudgingly invited her inside, with a warning for no funny business and that some of her companions may be hostile seeing as they didn't know who she was. Valena smiled to herself, knowing that Nasuuma meant her and Nagisus. The red headed man who had arrived earlier was still dozing by the fire, and Valena was not sure how quick he was to rise to combat as she had not yet even spoken to him, never mind watched him fight.

"Good morning". Valena greeted Rowyn with curteousy, seeing as the Imperial had been polite enough to introduce herself at the door. "My name is Valena, a traveling Bosmer from Valenwood. I arrived in Jorlesstead last night. How can we help you?"

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Nikos had stalked Rowyn purely for giggles and it had led his sauntering form to the front door of the house he assaulted the other night. He hid behind one of the nearby trees as he watched Rowyn disappear into the house with the collection of suspicious individuals and a devilish smirk twisted his lips in their upward directions. The Imperial bided his time, (as much as he could anyway since he was an impatient bastard), and then he made his way up to the door; knocking softly.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    ((OOC: Rowyn is Nordic.))

Rowyn politely nodded her head to the Dark Elf and entered modestly. As soon as she was in the door she was greeted by the Breton from the night before. She held out her hand to the woman as she introduced herself to Rowyn as Valena and offered the same warm smile she had offered at the door.

"It's a pleasure, Valena. Also, I'd like to thank you for intervening last night. My, er, comrade can be a bit of drunken pig." She chuckled a little, hopefully to lighten the mood when she mentioned Nikos, but her tight chuckle probably said a lot more than her words had about what she thought of the man. She examined the room with her quick green and hazel colored eyes. She saw the Argonian man from the night before and another man with red hair dozing softly.

"We should probably wake him up for this." She said gently while motioning to the man with red hair with her hand that was holding her small book. She turned around back to the Dark Elf as she was closing the door and briefly noticed a shadowy figure off in the trees. She didn't really think anything of it seeing as she was one of the ones with the highest power in the town at that moment, but in her stomach she couldn't help but feel a small pang of unease. She brushed it off blaming it on the events of last night, and brought her hands together in front of her.

"Mind if I take off my coat? It's rather warm in here."

Alexstrasza

Mother of Dragons, Bride of Fire
    Alex opened her eyes when she heard the Inquisitor talking. She forced herself up and sat in the chair opposite of Valena. She cared little for what the Inquisitor had to say, to her they were all guilty. She drew her katana, its blade shining against the soft fire, and went to sharpening it's edge with a whetstone. She then pulled out a small vial of clear oil and rubbed it up and down the edge. Once finished, she placed the blade on her lap and glared at the Inquisitor.

"I care little for what you want Inquisitor, your sins are the same as your comrades."

Alex made it known that she had a great dislike for the Inquisitors and glared at the Inquisitor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts