When creating a summoner/archer type, what should i increase more often, magicka, health or stamina?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sirenssixx

using mostly conjuration spells i know i should increase my magicka, but when zooming in with a bow it uses up stamina that i may lack in not to mention low health? I was thinking kind of just leveling up each one as i level up to make them even but I'm not so sure if thats the best choice

AS88

Staff member
Depends on the build, really. If you're planning on using a lot of summoned critters or alteration or whatever, magicka should be fairly high.

I have a build though, I call him an "arcane skirmisher," all he needs is a frost/flame atronach and bound bow, with the mystic binding perk. I use light armour and play on expert, but my armour level is only about 28 even though I'm level 25ish overall - purely because nothing gets close enough to hit him. 3x sneak arrows are enough to down most enemies in a few hits, I'm thinking of turning him up to master.

He has about 160 magicka, which at high conjuration level (think he's about level 65 conj), is enough to summon a bow and frost atronach, and I can't see myself putting any more into magicka unless I feel the need to summon two atronachs or use storm atronachs.

Here's his perks :)
Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Hope this helps!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Never over do yourself on Magika. As you level enchanting (you should level enchanting, by the way), you will virtually eliminate your need for magika at all. Especially if you are focused on just one school of magic, in this case conjuration.

Niq

I agree with both of the above, never have way too much magicka...
So instead try to enchant your armor to reduce conjuration costs and also to regain magicka quicker. that way you can invest in stamina for zooming and health for... well survival!