• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Niflheimr

Everyone has their weakness(es). My main character, a sword dual wielding nord, my main weakness is two handed weapons. I just hate fighting others who fight with two handed weapons, they fluff up my health before I even get near them, and since I dual wield, I got no block and getting hit by a power attack is usually fatal.
My other weakness is fire. I have no problem fighting mages if they use Frost or Shock as I have a natural 50% (Up to 75%) resistance to frost and 40% resistance to Shock. But none for fire.

So what's yours?

redrkt

Premium Member
women and children

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Gold. I loot every single Septim no matter how rich I am. If I see single pieces laying out on a table or behind the bar at an inn I will do my best to relieve them of it. And I love how the game keeps track of stolen gold separately, like it's even possible for a merchant or anyone else to know what's stolen and what's not. :rolleyes:

Unique things. If it's one of a kind it was obviously meant for me to be the owner of it. Even if I have to steal it.

Arthur Dragon Born

Breton Mage
Everyone has their weakness(es). My main character, a sword dual wielding nord, my main weakness is two handed weapons. I just hate fighting others who fight with two handed weapons, they fu** up my health before I even get near them, and since I dual wield, I got no block and getting hit by a power attack is usually fatal.
My other weakness is fire. I have no problem fighting mages if they use Frost or Shock as I have a natural 50% (Up to 75%) resistance to frost and 40% resistance to Shock. But none for fire.

So what's yours?

Aye.... I hate fighting opponents who fight with two handed weapons, ONE power attack and I'm dead. :sadface:(

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
My weakness would probably be magic users and dragons; well, the high-tier ones. I'm playing with a difficulty increasing mod which gives me 0.4x normal damage output and my enemies 3.5x damage, making melee fights easy to mildly challenging and fights against high-level magic users a game of russian roulette, especially in tight corridors.. one fireball or lightning bolt and I'm dead. I can survive maybe two blasts if I've chugged a protection from x element potion, which I brew and try to keep on my person at all times as a lifeline.

Still, if I manage to close the distance and get one power attack in with my 2-handed sword or axe, the magic user is finished. So a typical fight against one goes along the lines of 'he blasts me with a fireball and I'm down to a shred of health, I have just enough reflex speed to hit the Q button, open up my favorites and drink a healing potion, then I've closed the distance on him, he gets in one more fireball which either kills me or leaves me on death's door, and if I survive I kill him with one or two power attacks. These encounters always get the adrenaline running!

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
What if you faced 2 mages in a tight corridor? Seems like a nice mod, I like challenges.

I'd probably be toast. :confused: Although at such instances I could run back around the nearest corner (unless I got a fireball up my arse while retreating!), quickly slip into my sneaking boots, chug an invisibility potion and sneak around the mages, instantly killing one with a sneak attack and then pummeling the other to death with power attacks. Or I could summon a dremora or atronach to distract them & draw their fire while I charged in from the flank.. whether that'd work or not would depend on the narrowness of the corridor.

It's a great mod, I highly recommend it if you feel the game has gotten too easy. You can customize exactly how much damage reduction you want for your own character and how much damage boost for your foes. I just had a huge fight with a bunch of draugr scourges and deathlords (and one dragon priest) in Snow Veil Sanctum, and boy oh boy was that a fight for the history books! Even with Mercer backing me up, every battle down there (there were lots of high-tier draugr) was epic and evenly matched.

benathius

two handed and strong mages give me trouble for the same reason as above , cant get near em quick enough but my primal hate are the forsworn, one of them briarhearts come at me and im usually dead because all his mates pummel me with arrows at the same time , if i see a forsworn camp i wait till dark and infiltrate quietly killing em one by one as many as i can before hell unleashes , when it does many health potions get used

Kuurus

Packs of draugr deathlords. Seriously, I had to take on four of the suckers AND a dragon priest all at once!
Sounds like a good time in Forelhost was had by all ;) That was the only dragon priest that gave me any trouble. It was many, many levels ago and he was tough at that point for me. He killed me on the first attempt. On the second, I took out 2 of his 4 "helpers" at the bottom of the stairs with sneak attacks before engaging him. He was still tough, but with a fire resist potion I prevailed.

I actually wish the rest of the dragon priests leveled more and remained as tough. Once I had the elemental perk for blocking and some other resists, they became pushovers. I remember fighting Otar the Mad after hearing he was supposed to be tough with his shock staff there. I stood in front of him for about 60 seconds not attacking except to keep smacking him in the face with my shield to constantly interrupt him. My health bar was barely dented. It was both funny and sad at the same time. I expected him to be much more.

Kuurus

Oh, and petty much the only thing that can give me trouble now is multiple mages attacking me from different directions. It gets a bit dicey trying to block spells from different directions. A single mage cannot do anything to me though no matter how strong they are.

Ykcor

Forsworn Briarhearts.. the first time i came strolling up on a camp of forsworn, sneaking around yea kno, that damn briarheart detected me from like 80 yards away, i have 91 sneak! and 5/5 sneak... LOL then i was like.. okay, i got this.. he hit me with 2 axes and i died =(

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Forsworn Briarhearts.. the first time i came strolling up on a camp of forsworn, sneaking around yea kno, that damn briarheart detected me from like 80 yards away, i have 91 sneak! and 5/5 sneak... LOL then i was like.. okay, i got this.. he hit me with 2 axes and i died =(

Any time I KNOW I'll be tangling with more than 2-3 Forsworn, I call Odahviing.

Sounds like a good time in Forelhost was had by all ;) That was the only dragon priest that gave me any trouble. It was many, many levels ago and he was tough at that point for me. He killed me on the first attempt. On the second, I took out 2 of his 4 "helpers" at the bottom of the stairs with sneak attacks before engaging him. He was still tough, but with a fire resist potion I prevailed.

I had gone to another burial crypt for a different mask, then to that one. Between its length and the last one, I was LITERALLY out of healing potions except for two I had just made that restored ~60 points, and four ultimate healing potions. I had a craptone of restore magicka potions, so I ran around the room in dragonplate armor with two spells-- healing and conjure flame familiar. I let the familiar take out one deathlord, heavily damage another, and do minor moderate damage to the other two.
It was insaaaaane. XD

christof21

My biggest weakness in the game is spending too much time trying to level up skills and not actually exploring or doing the quests.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
If you are a one handed against two handed, drop duel wielding, get a shield and save a bit of health. Also if you level up your armor and health enough, one two handed power attack ain't gonna kill you. My weakness draughers, sneak doesn't work on them, they just pop out of their coffins when you get near whether you're in sneak mode or not. The low level draughers easy enough, but when you get three or four of the higher level ones, plus a death lord or two it can get messy.

Phobos

My biggest weakness in the game is spending too much time trying to level up skills and not actually exploring or doing the quests.

I find myself having this issue as well. Sometimes i force myself to just go exploring but then i tend to feel like i am not accomplishing something.

Theres other times i am doing missions and feel that they are just in the way of everything else.

Yup, i am addicted.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts