• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm currently at 60 hours and counting. This is my 3rd character creation; first one was just way too terrible with all my mess-ups, 2nd one's save file got f-ed up. I usually devote 4-5 hours weekdays on finishing 1 or 2 major quests for the guilds and the more interesting quests that I've discovered on my 1st and 2nd play. On my rest days (Sat and Sun), I get 4-5 hours sleep- and I shall leave it at that. :D

How about you guys?

I'm just interested on how you guys budget your time balancing playing this game and other stuffs. You know, small things like school or work. In my case, both.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Two characters have 300+ hours clocked. Six more have ~80-100 hours per.

I've kinda stopped playing Skyrim, though. Got boring after a while and I moved on to different games. I suppose after you play a game as much as that, logging over a thousand hours, you want to play something new.

Two characters have 300+ hours clocked. Six more have ~80-100 hours per.

I've kinda stopped playing Skyrim, though. Got boring after a while and I moved on to different games. I suppose after you play a game as much as that, logging over a thousand hours, you want to play something new.

True enough. But this game reminds me a lot of what I felt while playing Dragon Age: Origins (and II). And long before that, FF7. I stayed up in my room, loaded it with my basic needs: beer, cigarettes, food, and water. Knowing myself though, it's gonna be at least a month or two before I leave this game alone. I haven't even bothered ordering GTAV yet. :D

Now I'm free to catch up with the games I haven't decently played a couple of years ago.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
I usually play for a few hours after work in the evening, testing out new builds and such. My problem lately is that I've been spending way too much time modding new characters and not playing any of them through the entire game. I have something like 10 characters now, and I still have yet to finish the main quest.

I do devote more time to playing on the weekends, especially Saturdays, where sometimes I'll get in around 6-8 hours of play time.

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
According to my STEAM (~Reaper0021~) I'm over 800+ hours and still haven't beaten main quest yet. Spending too much time as an Assassin and playing mods like "Falskar" and "Undeath".

Chadonraz

It's definitely in the hundreds, probably around 800 or 900.

My current (and newest) character alone has 199.44.53 ( :D ) hours clocked, and I've had more than a couple 100+ ones before. Never got even close to 200, though - Annika is an extremely successful character! <3

LuChao

The Martial artist
I would say all total of ALL my builds from day one of Skyrim I have logged easily 900 hours maybe even 1000+ not sure never been bothered to check

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
109 hours on steam. be kind to me, i only recently bought it after having a pirated version for ages, and i'm in the middle of a Dota 2 addiction :p

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
700+ hours on PC, through Steam, though I originally played on Xbox.

I usually play late evenings, 11PM - 2AM or something like that.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
my main character, i have no clue but it would be a LOT! seeing as i've been on that character for over a year.. my current is probably around 15 hours and something.. i usually play the game at night when i get off work for a few hours then again for a few more after supper before bed.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Lets just say I use my load screen time efficiently. Skyrim is usually running most of the day. It's just a matter of being a master juggler. I usually craft while I work during the day. Built Windstad Manor today. Then I try to squeeze in quests at night when I'm not being tugged in ten different directions. Needless to say... I don't sleep much. :)

I tend to play games at an alarming rate here. LOL. At work, that's usually from 8am-5pm, I do my job as quick as I could without compromising my efficiency so that I can google builds and tips at my leisure.

On most days though, I just read Skyrim TVTROPES entry. If you're familiar with that particular website, then you know that it tends to get pretty addictive.

thestew56

I'd have to say close to 800...i'm on my 6th character and I'm still coming across things I've never seen before. Whether its an easter egg, an area in a cave I've missed or a small comment muttered by a guard or enemy. Eventually, we all lose that gripping excitement with any game and I have been playing others lately. Just recently however, I've found myself back in bindings...next to Ralof in the prison cart, headed for Helgen with a new adventure ahead. This time will be very different as I'm playing with restrictions...1.No health potions! 2.No selling items/stolen items 3.No scavenging gold! 4. Can only obtain gold by stealing it or "earning" it(from completing quests and only keeping 20% of "earned" gold). 5.Keep no more than 15 potions at all times... LOL, I've made up others too but my point is Skyrim is a game you can truly make your own! There is no right or wrong way to play. I find it very exciting to play with your own restrictions as it challenges you and makes every item you find or given to you much more significant. -Thx for listening

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I'd have to say close to 800...i'm on my 6th character and I'm still coming across things I've never seen before. Whether its an easter egg, an area in a cave I've missed or a small comment muttered by a guard or enemy. Eventually, we all lose that gripping excitement with any game and I have been playing others lately. Just recently however, I've found myself back in bindings...next to Ralof in the prison cart, headed for Helgen with a new adventure ahead. This time will be very different as I'm playing with restrictions...1.No health potions! 2.No selling items/stolen items 3.No scavenging gold! 4. Can only obtain gold by stealing it or "earning" it(from completing quests and only keeping 20% of "earned" gold). 5.Keep no more than 15 potions at all times... LOL, I've made up others too but my point is Skyrim is a game you can truly make your own! There is no right or wrong way to play. I find it very exciting to play with your own restrictions as it challenges you and makes every item you find or given to you much more significant. -Thx for listening
Boy - I hope you're playing on an easy difficulty 'cause, you'll be broke on any of them, but, at least you won't be dead. How on earth do you intend to survive? No money, no healing. I admire your gumption but I'm not that much of a victim. Dieing and being poor depresses me.

thestew56

Boy - I hope you're playing on an easy difficulty 'cause, you'll be broke on any of them, but, at least you won't be dead. How on earth do you intend to survive? No money, no healing. I admire your gumption but I'm not that much of a victim. Dieing and being poor depresses me.
I'm playing on Expert...I hv money just not a whole ton of it like usual, and I get health from food and restoration. It's tough in the beginning. I'm level 28 now and I think I've died like 7-8 times. Challenging and interesting!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
According to my STEAM (~Reaper0021~) I'm over 800+ hours and still haven't beaten main quest yet. Spending too much time as an Assassin and playing mods like "Falskar" and "Undeath".
You got Undeath too its alright aint it

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Incubus - 289hours
Elenwen - 45hours
Other characters prob total 5-600hours.

I got the game when I lost my job. Not a good idea! I wasnt motivated to get another job for months! Easily played 12-14hours a day, most days for the 1st 2months.

Nowadays prob play 4hours after work and 6-8 hours on weekends.

Skyrim isnt a game, its a f***kn way of life!

Toshiro

347 hours by last Steam count. I just cannot imagine starting all over again with a new character, knowing how much difficulty I had with some fights.