Whats your favorite Guild/ questline?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

whats your favorite guild/ Questline

• The Companions

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • College of Winterhold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thieves Guild

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • The Dark Brotherhood

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Imperial Legion

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Stormcloak Rebellion

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Pretty sure Mercer was using the Skeleton Key to progess in the ruins...

Docta Corvina

He has such glorious combat dialogue. "You're not a threat, you're an annoyance!" >.< Literally the second I'd started to really like the guy, he had to turn on me. And breaking into his house was like getting a look inside his brain. That...is one clever, paranoid dude. He thief-proofed his house so thoroughly, even if it meant nailing all the doors shut. And then I was wondering why the heck everyone was so puzzled as to how he'd gotten into the vault. This is the man who popped a puzzle door without the use of a claw. With no obvious lock to pick. Does he really and truly need the Skeleton Key to open a vault?

Ooh! I'll definitely have to check it out once I finish the questline.

Haha, doesn't he? I'm pretty sure he'd approve of the use of "glorious" to describe him in nearly any context as well. :p Yeah, he's one of my overall game favorites, really. I'll always love him despite the betrayal. I mean, seriously. I don't much care for Nocturnal generally either (oh noez, blasphemy!) and could see where he was coming from when you confront him. Then again, I have a thing for baddies across different mediums.

I dunno, when I got that will from the courier on his behalf, I was truly stunned. Call it a glitch, funky game mechanics, what have you. But all I know is that the game is set to distribute those to you from people whose affection level you've raised to a high enough level for them to consider you more than an acquaintance. The fact that Mercer Frey took some kind of liking to me intrigues and pleases me. I know I've spoken of this to you in another thread, but it still makes me smile every time I see the will in my inventory. All those times I used healing hands must have thawed that icy heart. :eek: </3

Kruise

Khajiit will smell them coming.
Thieves Guild. I love Brynjolf's accent and overall attitude. He fits the spot of Thief, very well and I was extremely sad, when I learned I couldn't make him follow me... :sadface:

Purr

:3
Maybe Dark Brotherhood is less annoying than others. Every one of them have so many bad sides, but few good sides too. So my answer is DB. :-)

Thieves Guild; I hate those jobs that you have to do to Delvin and Vex and it is so annoying to go so many doors to Ragged Flagon and out of there. @_@ But otherwise it is awesome questline.

College of Winterhold is interesting... once. But I have no interest to try it again, so... :/ Ancano makes my head explode!

Krin-Dariit

...Thieves Guild for me. Most enjoyable, original and I took more than a day to finish them! However, though some of the best characters I've encountered wander the cistern and the Flagon, they don't have the same sense of family as the Dark Brotherhood...it was a close one.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!
I especially loved the Thieves Guild quest involving the transcription of that falmer script.
When I returned to the DB sanctuary to find it aflame...'emotional' doesn't come close...

I was suprised to find that the Emporer earned my respect in the short time between my opening of his chamber door and my opening of his throat...naturally, as soon as I'd left the ship, I went straight to Castle Dour and joined the Legion. That oath...funniest thing ever!
" 'Long live the emporer!' Who I just killed..."
ALL CLEAR FROM HERE

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
While I prefer The Thieve's Guild from Skyrim over the one in Oblivion, nothing can ever top The Dark Brotherhood. Overall, between the two games, The Dark Brotherhood is amazing. Could easily have it's own gaming series.

I love the establishment of family the Brotherhood has. That it openly welcomes outcasts and misfits. Werewolf, vampire, simply anyone who isn't deemed fit for regular society. And while the Dark Brotherhood may be amoral to the ones outside of the Guild, within there are rules to be followed.

I was in shock the Brotherhood fell into such hard times, even more so after the events of Oblivion. With no Listener, no one to hear the Night Mother, the Black Sacrament prayers were going unheard. I respect Astrid for trying to keep the Brotherhood afloat, but by the rules of the Brotherhood she was never the 'Leader'.

I feel if people play Oblivion, and experience the Brotherhood from that era, a greater appreciation of the Skyrim one I think would happen.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Haha, doesn't he? I'm pretty sure he'd approve of the use of "glorious" to describe him in nearly any context as well. :p Yeah, he's one of my overall game favorites, really. I'll always love him despite the betrayal. I mean, seriously. I don't much care for Nocturnal generally either (oh noez, blasphemy!) and could see where he was coming from when you confront him. Then again, I have a thing for baddies across different mediums.

I dunno, when I got that will from the courier on his behalf, I was truly stunned. Call it a glitch, funky game mechanics, what have you. But all I know is that the game is set to distribute those to you from people whose affection level you've raised to a high enough level for them to consider you more than an acquaintance. The fact that Mercer Frey took some kind of liking to me intrigues and pleases me. I know I've spoken of this to you in another thread, but it still makes me smile every time I see the will in my inventory. All those times I used healing hands must have thawed that icy heart. :eek: </3

I just had this epic Mercer Frey kill last night. Nailed him with an arrow straight through the heart, in an awesome kill-cam, replete with the "Crimson Tide" mod. He fell right on top of the Snow Prince statue's giant book and smeared its pages with his blood. Though I swear I had to pour a gallon of poison into him before I could do that. And when he teleported, that freaked me out so bad. I hid in a corner for most of the fight, frantically mumbling to myself about his teleportation ability. >.< What an awesome guy. He seems so much more able to face his problems head on than the rest of the guild, what with his calling me out as a coward as I hid, which I, still retaining my warrior mindset, can appreciate. I really wish there had been a few more quests with him or that the story was longer. I was enjoying the storyline so much that it just rushed by so fast.

As for Nocturnal...she might be among the only Daedra that I do have a liking for, besides Azura. The mythos surrounding her is so beautiful and she seems like a goddess of practical application who would be very appealing to mortals. Moreso than Peryite or Molag Bal or Vaermina, anyway.

J

Jeremius

to me it depends on the style of the character you are making.

1. Warrior-Companions
  2. Stealth based-Thieves Guild
  3. Mage-College (the only mage guild)

Docta Corvina

I just had this epic Mercer Frey kill last night. Nailed him with an arrow straight through the heart, in an awesome kill-cam, replete with the "Crimson Tide" mod. He fell right on top of the Snow Prince statue's giant book and smeared its pages with his blood. Though I swear I had to pour a gallon of poison into him before I could do that. And when he teleported, that freaked me out so bad. I hid in a corner for most of the fight, frantically mumbling to myself about his teleportation ability. >.< What an awesome guy. He seems so much more able to face his problems head on than the rest of the guild, what with his calling me out as a coward as I hid, which I, still retaining my warrior mindset, can appreciate. I really wish there had been a few more quests with him or that the story was longer. I was enjoying the storyline so much that it just rushed by so fast.

As for Nocturnal...she might be among the only Daedra that I do have a liking for, besides Azura. The mythos surrounding her is so beautiful and she seems like a goddess of practical application who would be very appealing to mortals. Moreso than Peryite or Molag Bal or Vaermina, anyway.

Aww man...I just couldn't bring myself to outright kill him. Like, I sorta flitted about and hit him a few times, but then he stumbled off the side so I didn't wind up feeling totally responsible. Still horrible though. That does sound like an amazingly dramatic and suiting kill situation that you had though! Dang!

He's a fascinating character, love him or hate him. As you alluded to, he's very much a 'honey badger' type...it's actually my pet name for him since he's been my follower. :eek: :oops:

I myself just was sorely disappointed when I found out I had to be the one to pull the trigger, so to speak. I'd been playing a non-killing thief all the way to that point and after he keeps the other two out of the fight, I realized what was up. However, I just decided to mod him into follower-hood after I resurrected him and in my mind, it's like that mission never happened. :p

Yeah...I'll admit...since chatting with you here, I feel slightly less crazy about having a little crush on the man. :oops: :p

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
With all this talk about Mercer, I think I'm going to make him my Thrall after I kill him. That way he never has to "die" again. :)

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Mudcrab = best thrall ever. Not really, but come on... who doesn't want a zombie mud crab as a pet? To be more on topic... I want a dragon priest faction I can join and serve Alduin. No, still off topic.

Aside from the stormcloak questline, I also liked the thieves guild (aside from the whole Mercer fiasco).

Docta Corvina

Just read it. So I can't Thrall him... oh Well :sadface:

That is disappointing. :sadface: I have wondered if eventually there might be updates that expand the Dead Thrall options, as long as they're not totally game-breaking. I myself have not used the Thrall spell on anyone as of yet, however.

I do thank all my lucky stars for being able to get the PC version as well as my Xbox version. It makes so many more things possible via console commands and follower mods. :eek:

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
The Thieves Guild Questlines has always been interesting even in morrowind. I'm also a colleter of unique items, and i always findso many cool things.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
That is disappointing. :sadface: I have wondered if eventually there might be updates that expand the Dead Thrall options, as long as they're not totally game-breaking. I myself have not used the Thrall spell on anyone as of yet, however.

I do thank all my lucky stars for being able to get the PC version as well as my Xbox version. It makes so many more things possible via console commands and follower mods. :eek:

Thralling is fun. I currently have Astrid of the DB and Sild the Warlock as my Thralls. Astrid is a beast. I hope they increase the list of Thralls as well.

I am debating on getting the PC version. The mods are insane!

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
Dark Brotherhood hands down..best rewards on the way to completion, best rewards for completion

SkyrimUpdates

Somehow I knew before hitting the button that Dark Brotherhood would be in the lead. They definetly had the best storyline in Oblivion, and they do here to.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts