• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What's your favorite faction? and which one do you think holds the most power?

• Total voters
I prefer the College of Winterhold myself, as i'm a magic lover.. but what faction do you guys think is the best? and what one do you think holds the most power? and or respect?

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
I voted all except the Thalmor and blades.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
No Companions?

I guess the guild, best story in my opinion.

No Companions?

I guess the guild, best story in my opinion.

Oh crap i forgot to add The Companions!
Yeah i love the story for the Guild in Skyrim, it was quite detailed to be honest.. i loved the College story as well though!

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
I'd have to say that I liked the Thieves Guild quest line the most. I voted for both the thieves and the dark brotherhood. The Dark Brotherhood wasn't as impressive as they were in Oblivion and the thieves guild quests were far more entertaining in my opinion.

I'd have to say that I liked the Thieves Guild quest line the most. I voted for both the thieves and the dark brotherhood. The Dark Brotherhood wasn't as impressive as they were in Oblivion and the thieves guild quests were far for entertaining in my opinion.

I agree 100% especially on the Dark Brotherhood not being as impressive as Oblivion, i suppose in Oblivion there was more Order & Fear in the guild.. plus the Black Hand organizing and making sure everything run smoothly must've helped!

Jarrad

I voted the thieves guild, I love the way it was done although I do wish there was a few more big mark quests.

Yeah, a few bigger targets.. possibly some Thalmor marks, or some empire marks etc.. i think it was quite a secluded questline, mostly done inside the guild and only really having to speak to guild members etc.. it wasn't really a storyline for exploration.. apart from the ruins you have to enter!

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
How come?
I hate the Thalmor. So no need to explain that much.
1) favorite races are Nords and Bretons so I'm not fond of Mer.

I hate the Blades.
* spoilers*
1) they are to serve the Dragonborn, yet they have to nerve to bod me around and to tell me to kill my dragon mentor who taught me how to be a Dov

2). Even if you side with them they act like you are a tool to them and not the leader. I'm the dragonborn they should do what I say.
If it was up to me I would build an army of blades and take over all of Tamerial like Talos.

-*end spoilers*

All other factions I have joined and enjoyed.

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
Well, no DB or TG for me, since I would never do those things in real life. I like the Companions, but the whole glory/fighting for money/hunting thing isn't really for me. I am neutral in the war so no Empire or Stormcloaks. And no Blades and definitely no Thalmor. So I guess that leaves the CoW. I like the College and the storyline and I think they're generally just a good group that I'd enjoy being a part of in real life too, since magic is awesome and I'd enjoy it more than direct physical combat. :)

Benthos

Proud Mer
Not the most power but I certainly voted for the Dark Brotherhood, the Empire, and the College of Winterhold when it comes down to my favorite factions to play through. I care not for the Thieves Guild (for one I've had some valuable things stolen from me both by USPS as well as bandits) so I can't stand that idea that I have to be a part of the Thieves Guild in order to progress in most main and side stories. In order to play through the main story line you HAVE to go through the ratway, ask questions, and through the tunnels, you also have to affiliate with them while playing the Dark Brotherhood a few times as well. I especially can't stand their attitude as well, you would think the Dark Brotherhood or the Empire would generally hold that negative attitude throughout most of their members (Vex and Tonilia for example) but they don't, you get more respect and a much better treatment in general by those folks. Whenever the thieves threaten me, I can't help but WANT to take them on because they don't come off as threatening at all, especially since you take on a lot of big and bigger guys/creatures than their toughest guys in the guild.

At least Delvin treats you with more respect and I absolutely love the Cockney accent.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Wheres the Volkihar, or dawnguard?

Well I would go Thieves guild, once you have restored them they hold quiiet abit of power...Considering you cant kill maven.

The Darkbrother hood, well currently all we know is skyrim is the only outpost.
and destroyed even more in skyrim

With the blades, well the kind of have to order you around, there are dragons out there that need killing, an one who wrecked havok among the people back in the day needs to be killed too (parthuurnax).
(They do give you help, more knowledge then the greybeards, and a desire to choose your own bladesmen.)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Empire would more than likely be the most powerful as well as the Aldermi Dominion, controls thousands of soldiers and loyal subjects, billions of gold, fleets of ships, largest land holders.

sticky runes

It's a toss-up between the mage college and the Blades.

I love the college itself - the building is quite spectacular, and I do like the faculty members. But there isn't really a lot of schooling going on. We get like one magic lesson. They should have set up lots more training quests that allow us to test using different spells in different situations - like testing calm and rage spells on animals, testing rune spells safely, etc. You don't really need to become a skilled mage to complete the mage college quest line - most of them are regular dungeon quests that you can finish with good sword and archery skills.

I would also like them to give us an extended storyline - so maybe we can get the mages to make peace with the villagers, and they can help each other rebuild the wrecked houses and broken bridge, and attract more merchants to the town. Maybe even let us buy a plot of land nearby.

The Blades is good for follower lovers like myself. I really like being able to give my NPCs new jobs to do, and it's nice to have a bunch of them gathered in one place instead of scattered throughout the land. Be nice if we could recruit more than 3.

The Dark Brotherhood is the most disappointing to me. You either kill them - or join them, and most of them get killed off anyway. Yeah, you get a lot of money, but i would rather have had the other members stay alive and be able to use them as followers, instead of those nameless initiates we get when we set up the new sanctuary.

With Dawnguard, we get a lot of nice characters, but we spend most of their quests traveling with that fuzzy kitten Serana, not enough vampire slaying with the other dawnguard members.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I hate the blades. Delphine is a bit** and Esbern is a fool. Just sayin'. They want you to kill paarthurnax (really made me mad that you couldn't tell em no, or kill them instead). They are arrogant. Delphine thinks she can take ME on? Pfft. They don't want to help, they want to control. I've never hated a faction more in Skyrim.

The Dark Brotherhood was a fun questline, but it made me feel bad for killing some of my targets. Narfi almost tipped the scale in favor of destruction. Not only that, but most of the members die. It doesn't stop there, you are FORCED to interact with the thieves guild. Complete bull imho.

The thieves guild was also fun, but got tedious and annoying very quickly. You are forced to go to them too many times (I consider even once to be too many). They are arrogant, and also force the dragonborn to swear fealty or whatever to Nocturnal. That's bull. It also makes me mad that some of the dialouge makes the character sound afraid of the boss of the storyline.

The companions was fun, no real complaints other than forcing you to become a werewolf. Also, you had no choice but to avenge Skjor (I think, I never tried asking other members for work at that stage).

The thalmor get rude and annoying, but I don't hate them because I understand there needs to be an antagonist in every story like this one. Not to mention, Bethesda didn't do a good job of making me hate them. Fighting them was something we're forced to do (stupid Delphine) and the only other motivation is the XP. Really didn't do a good job of making it personal.

I'm concflicted between Stormcloaks or Empire. Their questlines feel incomplete at best.

The college of winterhold was fun, but there was no way to say "screw you psijiics" as I hate being manipulated by some people and not having any choice in the matter.

The dawnguard and Vampires were pretty cool, but you get pretty much all of the rewards for joining Dawnguard, and miss out on so much more with the vampires. No real reason to join the Vampires other than role-playing.

Solsteim is a whole other creature altogether. (Go Reiklings!)

Almost forgot to mention the lack of hate for vampires on the dawnguard side. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part it is just running around with Serana until the big battle. I'd expect a lot more from people supposedly as dedicated as the Dawnguard.

The Vampires introduced lots of good ideas, like the side quest of turning your spouce into a vampire and etc for role playing purposes. Most of it however, was too glitchy. I alsp don't like how you get pretty much the same amount of hate for vampires from them as you do from the Dawnguard (you still go hunting for vampires and STILL turn on Harkon).

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
None of the options above get my vote, as I would have voted for the companions and/or dawnguard. The Dragonborn dlc also throws some curve balls.

Adam Belmont

I voted for the College. It's not there but I vote for the Companions too.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Ever since the Orc librarian bugged out during the last fight and came out of nowhere to kill Ancano with a bare handed finish move I'm bound to love the College of Winterhold forever.

Besides this, I don't like anything else much. Maybe the Empire, I've come to like Tullius and the fact that he ended up respecting Skyrim and the Nords.

I'd have liked the Blades if Delphine wasn't a major jerk, Esbern got me to respect the faction and the history behind it. Also, I don't blame them for doubting on Paarthurnax, the dragon said it itself, they were made to dominate, and if given the chance they'd do it again, and this one may have hidden something.

I've never got along with the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood due to extensive years of games and MMO's. Anything that is mysterious, carries a hood and daggers gets a fireball. I would have prefered the Morrowind version of contract killing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts