What's your fav. Elder Scrolls game?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

M'aiq

M'aiq The Liar
Alot of people are different, when It comes to the Elder Scrolls series.
Usually whatever game played first by the player in the Elder Scrolls series,
becomes their favorite game.
For me personally, my alligance lies with Oblivion.
Please tell me which game is YOUR favorite and WHY!
I am curious to her your opinions!

~M'aiq

P.S. Can any one tell me where my name comes from? I know. Just wondering if you know, :)

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
:eek: Prepare for a massive flame war...:eek:

Anyway, I can see pros/cons in them all, but from what I've heard Morrowind is my favorite.

By the way, everyone here is going to know who M'aiq is...

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I'm very torn up on this. I love the gameplay of skyrim, but content wins out for me and oblivions storylines were WAY better.

leee242

I had Arena but pretty much ignored it. Then I had Morrowind on PC. Spent lots & lots of time on that one. Then I had Oblivion on the PS3. I really liked the look of that game. No mods though. Now I'm playing Skyrim on PC. So the jury is still out on that one.

I guess my favorite would be Morrowind. But I haven't finished Skyrim yet so that could change. We'll see.

Hunfar

Stuck between DaggerFall and Morrowind... MAYBE Morrowind...

sahqonsah

Morrowind hands down, there is no level scaling, no quest marker, no fast travel. Ok I know you can turn the quest marker off but then they don't give you enough info on where your going and then you have to turn it bk on so you don't wander randomly, in morrowind if you wanna find someplace you gotta ask directions and follow them to the T. Also, because there is no scaling you can find some awsome equipment, its not like the other elder scrolls, as in the world don't revolve around you. PS I haven't played arena or daggerfall so my opinion is given based on game play between morrowind, oblivion and skyrim.

Haugs

Morrowind without question, not only was there way more content but there was also alot more options for weapons and spells. Plus it seemed like in Morrowind there were alot more hidden item/characters. Last Dwarf, Talking mudcrab, Creeper (even though not hidden very interesting). Now I'm still in skyrim and finding new stuff all the time but as it stands right now I would have to go with Morrowind!!

LPMalakye

Prince of Destruction
My first TES game was Daggerfall, sadly I didn't "get it" at the time and so the next game was morrowind on the Xbox. This was a time when RPG's were introduced in my life (FF7 being my first in 1997) and to me Morrowind will always take the cake, not just for its amazing gameplay, musical score, etc etc. but for nostalgic reasons as well.

In my opinion for many people this is the reason they always choose X title as their favorite. It is about that moment when you realize you have a whole magical and fantastical world in front of you and your experience within this world that is pretty much unrestricted and changes according to your decisions.

ChevyGirl

Breton Assassin Lv 35
Probably Oblivion for me. Just because everything seemed perfect at the time. The main story line I thought was awesome and all the quests were the right length and didn't feel like they were cut short or weren't exciting. In my opinion anyway. :)

Oblivion because it's storylines are better than Skyrim's and its combat systems is better than Morrowinds, though I miss how much more there was in Morrowind in terms of equipment, Spears, katanas daikatanas, crossbows, darts, tantos, etc.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Xarnac

Morrowind. The perfect compromise of deep, RP mechanics and features of Daggerfall, and the unique hand placed sandbox of the latter games.

Stretch

I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim so I'm well limited in what comparisons I can make but I think Oblivion tops Skyrim.
First of all, I do think that the graphics, gameplay (particularly combat) and setting of Skyrim are better, but the Oblivion quests really tipped it for me.

The quests were much better, harder and leveling was more difficult. I think the best example of where Oblivion has it over Skyrim can be found in comparing the Dark Brotherhood quests. Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood, I thought, was pretty disappointing, it was over before it began and the quests were monotonous and simple.

In Oblivion the story was much more extensive, both in terms of actual time required to complete it and also it's depth. The quests themselves were more complex, involved more than just finding and killing someone (the 'house party' mission is probably one of the most entertaining of the entire games quests) and the prestige of finally becoming Listener was much more meaningful than in Skyrim. I still love Skyrim and play it profusely, but if my Oblivion disc still worked then I'm not sure which I'd be playing right now.

Purr

:3
Skyrim was first Elder Scrolls that I played... and it is my favorite. : D I have played Oblivion and Morrowind too and I love Oblivions Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood (and many other quests), so Skyrim is just a little little little bit better!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts