whats the hardest place in skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
where do u think the hardest place in skyrim is, is it a cave, a burrow or some ruins, or is it somewhere in a dlc like the forgotten vale etc, whats ure oppinions.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
Shrine of Mehrunez Dagon if you aren't a sneaky guy.Just 2 dremora in it, one that blasts you shock spells without stopping and another 2 hander in daedric armor .

Adam Warlock

Outside : Arcwind Point - If your level is high enough . Multiple Dragr Deathlords/Overlords , a Dragon Priest , and a Legendary Dragon (not counting a few Skeletons)

Inside : at High level + Dawnguard = Liar`s Retreat ( big crowd of Falmer including heavily armored Warmongers)

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
Agree with post above about Arcwind, I discovered it late in game and I was in for hell,
A legendary dragon, Dragon priest, Deathlords + Overlord and oddly enough I found a Skeever in the tower.

Another place I despise is Mzinchaleft, I went in at level 10 and got utterly dominated by a Dwarven Centurion Guardian.

kyleekay

Hate to admit it, but Shimmermist Cave kicked my ass the first time around. My level was under 10 at that point, though. Once I was at level 18 or 19 I was good to go. Strategy is usually my weakness; I need to learn I can't just run in and expect to beat the hell out of everyone all the time. :p

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
Volskygge, if you go in at lowish mid lvl...The final Boss Draugh can be almost impossible...oh and then you get a Dragon Priest for good measure...It's a long haul dungeon too...

Forelhost as someone above mentioned is pretty equal in difficulty, because you get several places where multiple highish lvl Draugh gang up on you..

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I think is all depends on the type of character you are playing and your experience with said type. Most places are a piece of cake if you are proficient at sneaking. Places that have magic wielding enemies would present a challenge to a warrior with no way to protect against it. Etc.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I honestly think that it might be Skuldafn for me. There's so many dragons and draugr at the entrance, all diving on me at once. And then once I got inside, the dark passageways seemed to stretch on for so long. And then, when I finally fell back out into daylight, exhausted, when I thought that I was finally done, I found myself with a face full of angry dragon priest. A big part of it was that I wasn't expecting the final dungeon to be so involved and was taken aback by how hardcore it really turned out to be.

Moris

I honestly think that it might be Skuldafn for me. There's so many dragons and draugr at the entrance, all diving on me at once. And then once I got inside, the dark passageways seemed to stretch on for so long. And then, when I finally fell back out into daylight, exhausted, when I thought that I was finally done, I found myself with a face full of angry dragon priest. A big part of it was that I wasn't expecting the final dungeon to be so involved and was taken aback by how hardcore it really turned out to be.

I once entered Skuldafn with a stealth archer, only to realize I had only 11 arrows with me. Ouch. To be sure, I could loot ancient nord arrows from many of the fallen draugr, but it was not what you might call an ideal situation.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Lakeview Manor. Cause every time I go there, a dragon attacks, and then I walk in the door after killing it looking for a hot meal and maybe a hug, a "how was your day?" would be nice, and instead I get kids crawling up my butt wanting presents and money and the husband is just doing nothing productive.

In all seriousness though, I had a tough time with Shalidor's Maze in Labyrinthian, not from a "OMG the bad guys are tough!" standpoint cause there isn't much in the way of bad guys, but the maze itself....I'm not good with puzzles. :p

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I think is all depends on the type of character you are playing and your experience with said type. Most places are a piece of cake if you are proficient at sneaking. Places that have magic wielding enemies would present a challenge to a warrior with no way to protect against it. Etc.
Quoted for truth.

I hate to admit it, but the Shrine of Meridia kicked my ass time and time again when I first attempted it. I've learned to just sprint, swords screaming, directly at Malkoran. Even so, if I'm not careful and didn't think to take a potion to resist magic or what have you, it can still get me good. Damn magicians and their tricks.

One of the most rewarding moments in Skyrim for me is when I played a stealth assassin and literally stealth killed each ghost, Malkoran, and Malkoran's ghost without ever being detected.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I would have to say when I try to sneak in the Dwemer ruins but my follower isn't as good in sneaking so they give us away. Oh, but when they become hostile, the follower charges, sometimes I wonder to myself if I'm better off alone when traveling. But the higher level you get, even with the lousiest of equipment, the enemies can still deal some serious damage.

Lakeview Manor. Cause every time I go there, a dragon attacks, and then I walk in the door after killing it looking for a hot meal and maybe a hug, a "how was your day?" would be nice, and instead I get kids crawling up my butt wanting presents and money and the husband is just doing nothing productive.

In all seriousness though, I had a tough time with Shalidor's Maze in Labyrinthian, not from a "OMG the bad guys are tough!" standpoint cause there isn't much in the way of bad guys, but the maze itself....I'm not good with puzzles. :p
Well, if I base it on dragon spawning, the entrance to Dawnstar that just loves to spawn 2 Elder/Ancient dragons simultaneously whenever I fast travel there.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

When I went to Irkngthand on my thief, every single falmer there was a freaking falmer Warmonger. You know, these guys:

180px-SR-creature-Falmer_Spellsword_Boss.jpg

I counted at least 20. Karliah and Brynjolf got their asses handed to them, and I was left to fend for myself. :sadface:

Saint Vicious

Still sober
That first dragon at the very beginning of the game. Right when your about to get your head lopped off. I still ain't found out how to kill him. I really want to play the rest of the game but I just don't know how to beat him.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
Swindler's Den can be hard.Those warriors from hammerfell may wear just robes but there are 10 of them and they have curved swords.

asdf.png

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Hate to admit it, but Shimmermist Cave kicked my ass the first time around. My level was under 10 at that point, though. Once I was at level 18 or 19 I was good to go. Strategy is usually my weakness; I need to learn I can't just run in and expect to beat the hell out of everyone all the time. :p

Haha, I literally just tried to clear that out this morning on a quest for the Companions and failed miserably (I'm a level 7).

kyleekay

NDirish1017 I think that's about the level I was at. I literally had to wait to level another 10 or 11 times before I could do it. I brought Lydia with me the 2nd time, and antagonized the little guy with a bow so he'd follow me out of that main room (the Centurion is too big to follow). It was much easier that way. :p

I think the wiki site states that it's a minimum level of 18 to clear it. When I read that I was just like, wtf? I thought Skyrim gave me radiant quests based on my actual abilities!

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
NDirish1017
I think the wiki site states that it's a minimum level of 18 to clear it. When I read that I was just like, wtf? I thought Skyrim gave me radiant quests based on my actual abilities!

When it comes to level minimums, especially with radiant quests, they tend to be like the Pirates Code: more guidelines instead of rules. ;) Being able to complete them depends entirely on your character build.