What were you doing before your capture?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
So, what do you think your character was doing when he was captured and brought to Helgen for an unjust beheading? Was he merely adventuring and happened to unfortunately come upon the Imperials? Hunting? Looking for a new life? Lost? Escaping other soldiers/guards?

I was always interested by this, especially when I first started up the game. I liked to believe the Dragonborn was adventuring or hunting. You?

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Sent to Skyrim by tribal leaders to declare myself the slayer of any and all Great Wyrms.

Kinda worked out the long way!

doc108

Traveling to Skyrim because he was sent by his arms company to deal arms to the Stormcloak and Imperial camps that dot the land.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
I was minding my own business, riding my wagon (which was full of skooma) when those idiots Ulfric and his boys got ambushed and getting me involved, sure I escaped but I lost 20,000 gold septims:sadface: I only left Helgen with 27 gold septims, now I'm going to have to make that cash back by killing and looting both Imperial and Stormcloak soldiers just to tide me over untill the next shipment at the Cyrodiil/Skyrim border, off course I won't say the exact location incase u try to rob me:mad:

Adventurer

It is a very good question to consider.

My current main character is a veteran Imperial Legion officer who settled down in Chorrol after being honorably discharged. He had been convicted for false crime and had to run from Cyrodiil. (Click on my sig to read the complete story.)

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
My khajiit hunter was running low on arrows and had spotted the stormcloaks weapon cache, he just snuck in to borrow a few arrows and that was it, the imperials attacked.

My high elf mage, was sitting on a rock nearby contemplating the best spell to use on this bunch of wretched talos worshippers, he'd just decided to turn them into worms and offer them to a hagraven when he felt a blade against his neck.

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
My character would've most likely just finished his shrine to Sheogorath.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Without being too long winded, my character (that is the main I'm using currently) used to live in Bruma in Cyrodiil as a blacksmith. In my version of events, the Thalmor, after the war, rode Bruma, a city heavy with Nords, pretty harshly and it was only getting worse as time progressed. In one of their more recent raids most people died and some people fled. My character found herself living alone in the woods and headed north to Skyrim, to her homeland. She was basically making the trip casually, living off the land, when she encountered a patrol of Imperials with a cartload or two of Stormcloaks. Being dressed in rags with a pair of spotlessly clean and sharp swords didn't help her case and though she fought, she got knocked out and tossed on the back of that cart.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
My character used to be an adventurer in Cyrodil who had a fine manor called Rosethorn Hall in Skingrad. Unfortunately , he knew Skyrim was ripe with riches and dungeons so he travelled there. He killed the Uderfrykte Matron near the tallest peak in Cyrodiil , Dive rock. He set up a camp there and slept away with fur. Upon waking up , he found himself in a wagon full of Stormcloak pl*ps.

Pandini

It's magic, baby.
I was making a tasty sandwich when, unprovoked, a troll popped out of the woods and attacked. Fearing for the life of my sandwich, I burned the troll with a flame spell that accidentally hit an Imperial officer. The officer accepted my apology, but, seeing my delicious sandwich, burned with a savage jealousy. He knocked me over the head and stole my beloved sandwich, throwing me in a cart with some rebels. I never did get that sandwich back...

Neriad13

Premium Member
I was hanging out in a hidden Stormcloak camp near the border of Cyrodiil. It was not because I was a Stormcloak myself (I barely had any idea what had been going on in Skyrim), but because it was the first friendly spot I'd run into after a long and hard journey across the border. And then when one of the men captured with Ulfric at Darkwater Pass gave up our location out of fear for his own life, it was only natural that the Imperials would think that I was one of the enemy. :sadface:

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
My khajiit hunter was running low on arrows and had spotted the stormcloaks weapon cache, he just snuck in to borrow a few arrows and that was it, the imperials attacked.

My high elf mage, was sitting on a rock nearby contemplating the best spell to use on this bunch of wretched talos worshippers, he'd just decided to turn them into worms and offer them to a hagraven when he felt a blade against his neck.

I like your Kahjit's way of thinking. Poor guy probably should have scanned the area first before he charged in for the steal.

As for your High Elf mage—cold revenge for the invasion of Valenwood! :mad:

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
My character was originally a vampire, so he was born in the second era, I played him in Oblivion, and then he was caught trying to suck blood, fled to Skyrim, and was then sent to Helgen.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
My character was originally a vampire, so he was born in the second era, I played him in Oblivion, and then he was caught trying to suck blood, fled to Skyrim, and was then sent to Helgen.

Even though your character was a vampire , he was the Champion of Cyrodil , Madgod , Divine Crusader , Fighters Guild master , Mage's Guild Archmage , Thieves Guild Gray Fox , and DB's listeners , so why did he feel the need to escape to Skyrim lol ;) ? Anyways I like vampires so I also like your character :D.

Cazimir

Willah operated as a thief in Cyrodiil before coming to Skyrim. Her mentor (whom Willah had surpassed in skill, leading to some feelings of resentment and jealousy) betrayed her to the authorities. Of course, Willah momentarily escaped, only to be caught in an ambush at Skyrim's border.

Still working on Cazimir and Eranthor's reasons.

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
Even though your character was a vampire , he was the Champion of Cyrodil , Madgod , Divine Crusader , Fighters Guild master , Mage's Guild Archmage , Thieves Guild Gray Fox , and DB's listeners , so why did he feel the need to escape to Skyrim lol ;) ? Anyways I like vampires so I also like your character :D.
Nah, I didn't do most of those questlines with that character

Moris

I'm too bitter about what happens in Helgen these days. I can't even play with that beginning any more. It grates on my nerves too much. The only way I can play is to fast forward through the beginning and pretend my character was merely a witness to events in Helgen. Even then, she's bitter and angry at what she saw. This didn't used to bother me, but for the last month, it really has. I haven't really been able play at all lately...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts