• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Urzek

Hi guys! I just wanna ask, what do you think the skyrim game lacks?

As for me, i think it lacks cinematics. Like after every quest there will be a cinematics about the quest. I think it will make skyrim more epic.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I would like it to add a few things it lacks:

1) spears
2) see #1
3) a hide helm option
4) a barber shop and warpaint artist within it...showracemenu still feels like a cheat sometimes
5) craftable arrows & unique gear like Goldbrand and some exotic armors
6) better stocked and wealthier vendors
7) more purchasable items and room additions for our houses

Yes, this is mostly cosmetic stuff, and a personal wish list, the game is still marvelous without these things!

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
1. Spears or an Expanded weapons armoury that would include War clubs, Halberds, Flails, Short swords, Duel-Headed Axes, Throwing spears,

2. More smaller settlements that are not connected to any of the nine holds,E.g Tribal villages, warrior strongholds, Wilderness taverns

3. Maybe opportunities to become part of those smaller settlements that I had mentioned above, E.g become a hunter/gather, a designated trader for them, or to be an ambassador of one of the holds that are trying to persuade them into joining them.

Urzek

Whoa! Thanks for the reply guys. I think majority of you really want spears in the game.

Morriganwitch, there's like a cosmetic surgeon in the Red Flaggon that changes your whole face. It costs 1000 gold though.

ThriceHeart

Ever since spears were taken out of Morrowind there has been quite a large amount of people demanding to have them back. Although if Bethesda were to capitalize on that by making spears into a separate Dlc for the purposes of making extra cash by being sold separately, expect to see a Fire storm that would overwhelm many Skyrim-dedicated forums.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
I'm all for cinematics, but only if they're in first person, it would be much more immersive than the camera flying 20 meters into the air. Here's my take on what Skyrim lacks.

1. Customizable armor/weapons, like being able to strap a colored piece of cloth onto my sword, or painting parts of my armor red/blue/whatever.

2. Occasional battles between Stormcloaks and Imperials, or any other factions for that matter.

3. A better and larger Forsworn questline.

ThriceHeart

I'm all for cinematics, but only if they're in first person, it would be much more immersive than the camera flying 20 meters into the air. Here's my take on what Skyrim lacks.

1. Customizable armor/weapons, like being able to strap a colored piece of cloth onto my sword, or painting parts of my armor red/blue/whatever.

2. Occasional battles between Stormcloaks and Imperials, or any other factions for that matter.

I don't think there has ever been a game that allows the personalization of weapons and armor in order to separate them from the Generic counterparts.

mamali

1. riding a dragon and flying

2. a magic that helps you to move things without touching them ( like a jedi )

3. a big big big big battle between imperials and stormcloacks , you know , like lord of the ring battles

Urzek

For your number 2 try Civil war mod. It creates wars outside the town of Skyrim. It's random. Vampires, bandits, imperials, stormcloaks etc.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
For your number 2 try Civil war mod. It creates wars outside the town of Skyrim. It's random. Vampires, bandits, imperials, stormcloaks etc.

I'm assuming you're talking about this one? I'll give it a shot, thanks!

EDIT: Probably not the one you're talking about, lol, but it looks good regardless.

Pay wizards to enchant weapons and armor for you.
Bartering: I find it frustrating that there are times where I don't have enough gold to buy the item I want, yet cannot sell something because the other person has no gold either.

nomorepork

That was a left at Dragonbridge, right?
Only nunchucks.

Betcha y'all didn't realize that Bruce Lee was really a Nord at heart, did ya? pu-WAH!

UnLonged

True to the Name
5) craftable arrows

It says on the Dawnguard DLC that arrows can be crafted. I have no personal experience cause I play on the PS3 :sadface:

1. riding a dragon and flying

2. a magic that helps you to move things without touching them ( like a jedi )

1. Dragonborn DLC

2. isn't there already a telekinesis alteration spell?

As for my list of what Skyrim lacks:

1. Cinematics. The death of Alduin was well and good, I guess, but it truly lacks that cinematic feel for me. And other major events as well that needs cinematics (IMO):
• Throat of the World scene after defeating Alduin
• Using the Elder Scroll to see the past
• Flying off with Odahviing
• The underforge werewolf ceremony
• Kodlak's funeral
• starting and finishing daedric quests
• tampering of Ancano with the Eye of Magnus(the explosion part, that was seriously a huge bummer for me)
• Whiterun watchtower, first dragon battle encounter
• pre-battle with Mercer Frey
man, the list goes on and on...

2. More destruction spells; other fields and additional spells to the vanilla ones.

3. More stealth kill scenes; the slitting of the throat gets old after sometime.

4. UNARMED SKILL TREE!

KritikalPT

Oh boy, prepare for a big list, because this game deserves this:

1- More weapons variety. Not just spears, although I'm pretty glad they're adding that to the next DLC, but fist weapons, halberds and throwing weapons like javelins, for example.

2- Better character creation. Personally, I didn't like how they streamlined all of it, only allowing you to add Health, Magicka and Stamina. Screw that, give us classes, birthsigns, and hell, why not allowing us to tune our own stats however we want? You know, like Daggerfall, now that one had the best class customization of any game I'm ever played, and it deserves to make a return. Just... no streamlining. Please.

3- Make the Civil War have an actual impact. I thought it was pretty lame how after you ended it, all it did was changing some people's opinion of you and changing the town guards. Pretty lame.

4- Forsworn. Pretty much the same as the above. You help them out and... nothing happens.

5- Guilds progression. Think about Daggerfall and Morrowind, and you'll get the idea.

6- More weapon and armor tiers. Chainmail, for example.

7- More spells and more elements besides Fire, Frost and Shock. Mark and Recall, where are you?

8- Dragons. Not new dragons, but better ones. Have them use more than one type of Shout. And while I'm talking about dragons...

9- Alduin. He DESERVES and NEEDS to be improved. For a World-Eater he sure was a wimp. Giving him access to a lot more Shouts, then it would truly be an epic battle and debate at the same time.

10- Actual bug fixes

11- More actual bug fixes

12- Even more actual bug fixes

13- Remove fast traveling and keep the caravans. Seriously, fast travel needs to go.

14- This is more of a personal preference, but still: Bigger map. Like, a whole lot bigger.

15- I want the mudcrab vendor back. No, scratch that, I want a sabercat vendor. Yes, a sabercat.

16- Finally, many more actual bug fixes

And these are just the ones that came on top of my head. I'm pretty sure I could add some more to this list if I thought it through.

Sean

lost somewhere
Oh boy, prepare for a big list, because this game deserves this:

1- More weapons variety. Not just spears, although I'm pretty glad they're adding that to the next DLC, but fist weapons, halberds and throwing weapons like javelins, for example.

2- ...give us classes, birthsigns, and hell, why not allowing us to tune our own stats however we want? You know, like Daggerfall, now that one had the best class customization of any game I'm ever played, and it deserves to make a return. Just... no streamlining. Please.

9- Alduin. He DESERVES and NEEDS to be improved. For a World-Eater he sure was a wimp. Giving him access to a lot more Shouts, then it would truly be an epic battle and debate at the same time.

13- Remove fast traveling and keep the caravans. Seriously, fast travel needs to go.

14- This is more of a personal preference, but still: Bigger map. Like, a whole lot bigger.

And these are just the ones that came on top of my head. I'm pretty sure I could add some more to this list if I thought it through.

1:
Spears are treated as arrows, at least in the beta for the DLC. This could be a bug, and may be changed in the full release.

2:
You can follow your own class, just avoid the skill that don't fit with you.

9:
My first playthrough where I had powerful enchanted/upgraded armor and dual weapons, Alduin went down quick. On my most recent playthrough, I upped my level to 99, which allowed him to scale higher, and chose only to use a shield and a sword with Dragonbone Armor. It actually was pretty tough.

13:
You aren't forced to use fast traveling, it is always good to have more choice. They should bring back more caravans, and even Silt Striders, but the Dragonborn DLC explains that the eruption wiped out most of them, but you get to see one silt strider in the DLC (no riding).

14:
What is the point of a bigger map? I would rather have a higher detailed map where you could zoom in and actually see roads.
Also, Solstheim has its own map.

KritikalPT

2:
You can follow your own class, just avoid the skill that don't fit with you.

That's exactly why I've always preferred a class over what it is right now. In order for me to "make" my own class, I have to literally avoid skills that, even though I wouldn't normally use, I could still use them later on, and due to me using said skills, it make me advance in levels. Class system would completely remove that pointless skill evasion.

9:
My first playthrough where I had powerful enchanted/upgraded armor and dual weapons, Alduin went down quick. On my most recent playthrough, I upped my level to 99, which allowed him to scale higher, and chose only to use a shield and a sword with Dragonbone Armor. It actually was pretty tough.

To me, a boss should always be at the very least a challenge, no matter your style. Right now, Alduin's a wimp.

13:
You aren't forced to use fast traveling, it is always good to have more choice. They should bring back more caravans, and even Silt Striders, but the Dragonborn DLC explains that the eruption wiped out most of them, but you get to see one silt strider in the DLC (no riding).

True, I can avoid it, but why should I? The developers added it there for it to be used, and not using it on purpose doesn't seem right, even though it makes for a better experience. To me, it shouldn't even have existed, but that's just my opinion.

14:
What is the point of a bigger map? I would rather have a higher detailed map where you could zoom in and actually see roads.
Also, Solstheim has its own map.

I like bigger maps.

Yup, that's my argument.​