What side of the civil war should a Blade join?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RagingSnail

So ive created a character he is an imperial and I decided to be like complete blade and wouldn't ever want to dishonor them so im asking anyone who could have an answer should a Blade join the stormcloak or the imperials?
Thanks

FarmGirl

Work is really cutting into my gaming time.
Technically, they probably wouldn't do either. However, you want to do the questline so I am thinking a Blade would more likely be a Stormcloak, since the Empire sort of has the Thalmor "on their side" and the Blades and the Thalmor are enemies.

Miryks

Since the Blades were the Emperor's protectors before becoming dragon hunters, it would also be honoring the history of the Blades to side with the Empire.

NachyoChez

Since the Blades were the Emperor's protectors before becoming dragon hunters, it would also be honoring the history of the Blades to side with the Empire.
Wasn't it the opposite? They served Tiber while we was Dragon born, and then when he became emperor. They served his family because they to were Dragon Born. But, when Martin died there was no Dragon Born on the throne so they quit serving him directly thus fighting more on the front lines.

Since they hate the Thalmor so much, Stormcloaks does make a certain sense, though I imagine they'll join whichever side the Dragon Born does rather readily.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Miryks

Wasn't it the opposite? They served Tiber while we was Dragon born, and then when he became emperor. They served his family because they to were Dragon Born. But, when Martin died there was no Dragon Born on the throne so they quit serving him directly thus fighting more on the front lines.

Since they hate the Thalmor so much, Stormcloaks does make a certain sense, though I imagine they'll join whichever side the Dragon Born does rather readily.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

NachyoChez, You seem to know the specific details of the Blade history better than myself so I'm sure that is probably true. I don't wan't to give any spoilers for RagingSnail, so I won't go too in depth. But if I remember that part of the storyline correctly Ulfric is in some way connected to the Thalmor, and General Tullius seems to work with the Thalmor only out of diplomatic necessity. But I think Farmgirl is right, in that the blades wouldn't become involved except for their own purposes, or for the purposes of the Dragonborn and his quest. Based on that, in my opinion, the Nord's have far more respect for legend and likely the Stormcloaks would make sense, despite the fact the your character is an imperial and they tend to support only their own kind.

TJ0331

Nords forever
Empire. In oblivion the blades protected the emperor and you are an imperial so it just kind of flows better if you are in the legion but hey do whatever you want that's what is great about skyrim.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts