What should I start leveling up?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What should I level up?

• Total voters

TheHaydz242

Ok, all I've been leveling up is archery, I've got about 95. So that means I only have one more perk to get and I'm done, any suggestions on what I should level up next? (Vote). I'm only asking you this because I honestly have no idea.

Eury

Dovahkiin
It actually depends on what kind of character you are, besides an archer.
I'll vote for enchanting so you can have multiple bows with you, each with 2 different enchantments.

If you want to become an assassin, get Sneak and One-Handed aswell.

TheHaydz242

It actually depends on what kind of character you are, besides an archer.
I'll vote for enchanting so you can have multiple bows with you, each with 2 different enchantments.

If you want to become an assassin, get Sneak and One-Handed aswell.

I play as a Nord hunter. Time to time I'll take on bandits if I can't find any Elk, horker, Giants etc.

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
I'd go for sneak since you've got the archery perks locked up. The extra sneak damage with bows is insane.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
You should level up one handed because the bow isn't recommended for close range fighting. Enchanting is something you should also invest in. The power you get out of it is great.

TheHaydz242

You should level up one handed because the bow isn't recommended for close range fighting. Enchanting is something you should also invest in. The power you get out of it is great.

Soo...Should I do 1 handed first or do both at the same time?

Eury

Dovahkiin
You should get the first Stealth perk, Backstab, Deadly Aim and than Assassin's Blade. After that you can put points in One-Handed, and save points for Enchanting for later.

Ritterkreuz

I'd go for sneak since you've got the archery perks locked up. The extra sneak damage with bows is insane.

Sneaking would be an excellent idea for a hunter type.

TheHaydz242

TheHaydz242

You can deal 6x with One-Handed weapons, 3x with Archery and 15% with daggers. When you have the perks, ofcourse.

Hmm...I might go with sneak then...

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I suggest starting Sneak now since you get the XP from sneak attacks. Buy a filled Grand Soul Gem and a stack of empties, enchant your Bow with a 1 sec Fiery Soul Trap (it has a set +10 fire damage no matter your duration and takes only one enchanting slot, and 1 second is all you need on a weapon since a killing blow even a one shot will always capture a soul if you have the Soul Gem for it) with the Grand Soul Gem (this will give you an insane number of charges), and use the Souls caught in your Soul Gems to enchant all your loot before selling and buying more Soul Gems. Grab the Black Star to keep your bow charged. This will allow you to level up multiple skills at once without much extra trouble.

Go here Skyrim:Ironbind Barrow - UESPWiki for the Fiery Soul Trap Enchantment.
Do the Black Star Quest for the Black Star Artifact. Skyrim:The Black Star - UESPWiki

TheHaydz242

I suggest starting Sneak now since you get the XP from sneak attacks. Buy a filled Grand Soul Gem and a stack of empties, enchant your Bow with a 1 sec Fiery Soul Trap (it has a set +10 fire damage no matter your duration and takes only one enchanting slot, and 1 second is all you need on a weapon since a killing blow even a one shot will always capture a soul if you have the Soul Gem for it) with the Grand Soul Gem (this will give you an insane number of charges), and use the Souls caught in your Soul Gems to enchant all your loot before selling and buying more Soul Gems. Grab the Black Star to keep your bow charged. This will allow you to level up multiple skills at once without much extra trouble.

Go here Skyrim:Ironbind Barrow - UESPWiki for the Fiery Soul Trap Enchantment.
Do the Black Star Quest for the Black Star Artifact. Skyrim:The Black Star - UESPWiki

Thanks for the Info I'll try it when I get on Skyrim! :D

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
Soo...Should I do 1 handed first or do both at the same time?
Go ahead and work on them at the same time. You will go through weapons quickly (also armor) because you're going to want to keep upgrading to better quality items. Make sure you have plenty of cash.

Is it me, or is this starting to look like the Help forum with all these Build Advice threads?

I said 1H, because I like Offense, then I read you were a Pure Archer. Woops! Sneak.

ShadowGambit

Sneak if you are mainly an archer.

Also, if you are already at 100 Archery or so,you should be around your late teens. So you will need to get sneaky to avoid melee. You don't have the skills or equipment to keep up with NPC that will come at you.

Next to it, I would level Light armor also, so you can withstand a little bit more damage. If you are sneaky enough, it shouldn't be that necessary. But if you are not familiar yet with how to sneak effectively, you will get detected pretty often and will have to somehow melee your way out.

Don't forget one thing: you can bash with your bow: it will do nearly no damage but will stagger your opponent so you can get away and fire an arrow at him on a short distance.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts