What should i make a mod about?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

J3D3X

im only 14... but i have a years experience of modding i mod like everyday i love it i dont post my mods because there usally to large i can do anything imaginable with the creation kit ive made like whole dimensions new races, spells, houses, ores, citys, and any type of merchant but idk what i should make a mod about... but sadly i cant add new weapons armour and stuff i dont understand all the 3d modeling programs and exporters and what eves. so illd just like to ask your opinions on what mods ulld like to see and theres a chance ill make it and post it on the steam workshop. thanks for reading :D

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Puppies. Skyrim needs puppies.

Eggnog

Expand the Companions and College of Winterhold quest lines by a bunch. A whole bunch. And make them interesting while you're at it.

mamali

i don't know really , every kind of mod is made for skyrim .

Bira96

I have an idea!
Once, I was attacking random people in Riften, just for fun, and I decided to target Maven, seeing as how much I hate her. I waited until no one could see me, and then I attacked, and even after the commotion was over, no one knew who did it. But when I went back to the thieve's guild, I was still exiled for attacking Maven. What the skeever?! So my suggestion is to create a mod that if you attack a person under the Thieve's guild protection, but no one see's you do it, that you won't be kicked out of the guild the next time you visit.
And have you ever heard of the graphic novel series called Bone? It is excellent, I highly recommend it if you haven't read it. But back on topic, I have an idea that would incorporate the world of Bone into Skyrim. It could include some of the clothing styles and weapons, and rat creatures could be added as enemies.
I actually made a whole thread for my mod ideas, but no one has offered to take the idea into a mod yet. I would do it myself, but I am technologically retarded. Trust me when I say, you DON'T want a mod created by me on your computer. If you're interested, you can go check out my other ideas; My Mod Ideas | Skyrim Forums

Torok

A mod that when you command a humanoid follower to sleep they actually do. I'm tired of telling my companion to sleep only to have him get up again when I back out.

WolfReaperCZ

I alltimes want see more wild animals in skyrim.Mutch more live skyrim not 10people populated cities.
Try make bigger cities with more houses and people like true town.
And hunter grupus that going to hunt often more animals etc. If you make it i can even pay :D

First of all, don't mention that you're 14 ANYWHERE on the internet. Online predators will see you as prey and everyone will be a dickhead to you (well, except for me). No one likes kids on the internet.

Also, I would like to see a Doctor Who mod. I don't know if your familiar with the show, but I really recommend that you watch it. Assuming that you know some stuff about it, than I request that, in the mod, the Doctor takes the player to a small area on Earth (possibly a military base or a city) in modern times with the TARDIS. There should be a little questline there and the player could possibly retrieve a gun to use when he/she returns to Nirn.

More friendly spells. I always hated how Bethesda was so quick to throw companions but never built the spell system around it. I mean its nice that my partner can heal me remotely but I'M the one who has a better restoration skill than you! How come I specialize in fields that never have any real use in team play. There are only a few (grand healing, courage, heal other are the first to come to mind, all but grand healing suck). I just want more variety in allowing my partner to survive a magic blast to the face immediately before or during a fight.

Doesn't make sense that a healer can only effectively heal himself.

Commodus

Add some hanging bodies to Morthal. Given Movarth's plan to conquer the town with a vampire army, I like to think that the people will have grown paranoid and begun executing suspected Vamps.
More public executions!

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Ah, Ozan suggests a magnificent mod! In it, one must rescue His Lordship Baron Duke Reginald von Fuzzybottom the Third of Orange Juice, an Imga creature who has been kidnapped by a crime syndicate composed of mini giants who demand a hefty payment which is to be paid entirely of waffles.

We shall call it The Magnificent Breakfast. Ozan thinks this will suffice, yes?

To be honest I would just like to see some well done attack animations. I've seen a few that are much better than the vanilla game. But it looks pretty fake when I 3 punch someone to death, all the while I've got a sword in that same hand flailing around. And there are many awesome Anime attack/spell mods. But the animation for the moves is clunky & awkward. So if you could make these animations as seamless as possible, or create new ones that are better. I would forever be grateful :)

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
Make a mod that fixes the bugs in the Civil War quest line. You don't know how much that annoys me

Or a mod that add more interactions with potential marriage candidates. I hate how bland the marriage system is now. 'You're pretty. Let's get married.' And then they wander around like a puppet and give you money and sometimes food.

Wuffles

How about just fixing the bridge to the college? Every time I walk over that thing it bugs me that these lazy mages don't repair it.

You could expand on that. A mod regarding the "Collapse". Maybe to prove the college wasn't responcible? Allowing you to build up Winterhold to what it once was (New buildings, add to the population, etc), and improving the general skyrim population's attitude to magic?

The more trusting the people are towards magic, the more Winterhold and the College get repaired?

Damn, now I'm wishing I could mod. And I had a PC version of the game.

Usulama

A mod that when you command a humanoid follower to sleep they actually do. I'm tired of telling my companion to sleep only to have him get up again when I back out.

Yeah, a mod for more realistic followers would be great. Where you can say something like "let's take a break" and they just answer "Ok," or "Yes, my thane" (or Cicero: Oh yeees listener!). Those soundclips should already be in the game so it won't be hard.
And then they go idle and wander around the house/inn/camp, sit down and eat some bread, drink from a tankard or go to bed, just like any NPC.

It would be great for roleplay purposes, and in addition you could use it as an extra security measure if you don't usually use followers at all. Just ask someone to stay at your house and they will guard it (because they automatically attack anyone who attacks them anyway).