What lv. should you get the Longhanmer?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
After hearing about the Longhanmer in another thread I set off in a hurry to get it. Only problem is the Falmer inside ganked my ass so hard I ended up rage quitting and going to bed. I'm only lv. 7 with steel armour and weapons. Even with a follower, berserker rage and potions I can only take out 4-5 of them before they just overwhelm me. There's 3 initially, then another 3-4 come as soon as they hear the sounds of a fight. 2 use frost magic. Am I just a little too low to attempt to get this hammer yet? If so, when should I wait to get it? Lv. 10? 15?

God damn ganking Falmer!

Adam Warlock

Skyrim Official Guide says 18. Falmer can not only use magic but often poison their weapons as well. This might be one of those situations where your Orc is going to have to do some sneaking and sniping if you`re gonna get that weapon early. You might also consider talking to that mage at the Bee and Barb Inn in Riften about helping you out . The Longhammer is well worth a 500 gold investment even if your hireling doesn`t survive the job.

Adam Warlock

Skyrim Official Guide says 18. Falmer can not only use magic but often poison their weapons as well. This might be one of those situations where your Orc is going to have to do some sneaking and sniping if you`re gonna get that weapon early. You might also consider talking to that mage at the Bee and Barb Inn in Riften about helping you out . The Longhammer is well worth a 500 gold investment even if your hireling doesn`t survive the job.
That is , unless your follower is Marcurio !

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I did it at level 1. Though technically I had the skills of someone in their late 40s. Still got my ass handed to me a couple times.

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
I'd recommend as soon as possible. It's an Orcish warhammer with reduced weight (increased swing frequency) and after a while you'll be acquiring better than Orcish easily.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I'd recommend as soon as possible. It's an Orcish warhammer with reduced weight (increased swing frequency) and after a while you'll be acquiring better than Orcish easily.

The USEP wiki puts the Longhammer as one of the best weapons in the game when smithed to Legendary. What it loses in outright power to Daedric it makes back in DPS from faster swing. My Orc will be rolling with only Orcish weapons and armour which makes this a bit of a no brainer for Ghazghkull.

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
^ Wow I didn't know that... that's really good to know! Informative for you, sir.

theminstrels

Overseer of the chupacabra tea party
The falmar are tricky but, I have found that if you can draw them out one or two at a time that they are not so bad for you to beat no matter your level. You just have to be smart about it.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
You could be cheap and use the entrance/exit door... run in damage... run out heal/wait... run in damage... run out heal/wait. UBER CHEAP, but can be done.

Tiger_Wolff

My orc was not doing very well when I went for the hammer. I would have to admit I lowered the difficulty level to get this hammer. My build for my orc is planned for just hammers and bow no other weapons so, I wanted it :p I myself will only wear and use orc armor and weapons and will wait till level 100 enchanting to be able to enchant the hammer. It is the best dps weapon in game. Good luck to you.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
You could be cheap and use the entrance/exit door... run in damage... run out heal/wait... run in damage... run out heal/wait. UBER CHEAP, but can be done.

As a last case scenario. That might be the way. Lv. 7 is quite low to attempt this. I might try my bow to lure a few up the stairs and away from the others then pop em with my battle axe. 1-2 at a time I can handle. But not 5-6. I'd love to get this done without exploiting game mechanics and the difficulty level stays as is.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The USEP wiki puts the Longhammer as one of the best weapons in the game when smithed to Legendary.
The UESP Skyrim Wiki Article on Unique Items doesn't say anything about tempering The Longhammer to make it one of the best weapons in the game, and now it doesn't say anything to that effect because it's factually inaccurate.

Smithing damage bonuses are flat across the board for all weapons, so they are irrelevant for DPS comparisons. Further, skill and the 5 basic perk damage bonuses are multipliers to the base damage of the weapon, so as your skill increases and you acquire damage perks the base damage of the weapon becomes more and more important to your damage output.

Tiger_Wolff

Skyrim:Unique Items - UESPWiki

The Longhammer swings 30% faster than a normal warhammer, surpassing even greatswords in speed. As a result the dps of this weapon eclipses even that of the daedric warhammer, making it one of the most powerful weapons in the entire game.
It can be enchanted like any other weapon.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Skyrim:Unique Items - UESPWiki

The Longhammer swings 30% faster than a normal warhammer, surpassing even greatswords in speed. As a result the dps of this weapon eclipses even that of the daedric warhammer, making it one of the most powerful weapons in the entire game.
It can be enchanted like any other weapon.

Sounds the goods to me!

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Well I know what I'm going after the wife and kid go to bed.

Adam Warlock

I see Dagmar`s point. The multpliers and perks will make the daedric warhammer better over time(6 points better every 100% boost?) . Without considering them , The Longhammer is only slightly better anyway at an adjusted 27.3 per strike in damage(base 21 x130%) versus the Daedric`s 27.
But it still most certainly is the most powerful ORCHISH weapon in the game.
Hoping you get it soon , Ghazghkull !

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts