• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

willowwisp

She nodded to the Nord, accepting his modest declination of her thanks, and smiling a little. It was good to know that people like him still inhabited the world. "Hey. I never got your name, I'm Julius, a mercenary"the other Imperial, a young man maybe four years younger than her said. He was on her right, and to her left was the Nord. She nodded politely, but didn't say what she was thinking. 'He doesn't look much like a mercenary' but then again, Elizabeth didn't look like much of a healer. "Hey there. I'm Elizabeth, a healer" she said, smiling a little. It would be good to have a friend, at least until the group broke up.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar was near the front of the group, beside the leather wearing Altmer woman. She was clearly upset about what they'd found in the cave, and while Salthar wasn't pleased about being left out of the loop, he wasn't overly horrified. Of course, he didn't understand the point of murdering innocents. The markings intrigued him though, because obviously, the Nords didn't have this type of magic, and Salthar was fairly certain that the bandits weren't that proficient in the arts either. Glancing at his fellow vampire, he moved to her side, and asked, in a mildly inquisitive tone, "I never asked, my lady, but what is your name, if I may ask?" Usually, the vampire wouldn't have said anything, but it was a relief to have a fellow Altmer to speak with, even if the mission seemed to be nearing its' end. If it was indeed approaching its' end. Something didn't feel right to the experienced vampire...something just wasn't adding up.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    "Something is very wrong here, or I'm not a ranger" the ranger said, frowning at the surrounding forest. Shadari wasn't especially comforted by his words. When someone who'd spent most of his life in the forests, says 'something is very wrong here' it usually meant it wasn't just her imagination. Shadari nodded to the man and faded back into a rearguard position, drawing her falchion a little. She had a feeling that she would need to use her weapon before too long. Then again, she hoped she'd get to use her knife to get an 'apology' out of Sidgier. Shrugging, she contained her paranoia with an effort, although she couldn't keep her tail from twitching with suppressed emotions. 'Damned spooky forest...Damned jarls....When I get my claws on him...' the rather violent thought comforted her slightly, and took her mind off of the eerie silence of the forest.

Aethalia

Aliah had calmed a little bit, but was still ready to break every one of Sidgiers' fingers. The eerie nature of the forest, didn't really help her mood. The clouds above the branches were still dark, still promising rain or perhaps snow, and darkness was falling. Even Aliahs' keen vampire eyes were having trouble penetrating the darkness. She glanced over her shoulder, she noticed that those in the party were talking among each other, which the vampire supposed was a good thing. She couldn't tell why, but she had a feeling that the group would be sticking together for a much longer time than it took for them to arrive at Falkreath.

"I never asked, my lady, but what is your name, if I may ask?" The robed thalmor vampire inquired, as he strode beside her. Aliah smiled slightly, and looked at the elf. He was handsome, with his black hair and gold-red eyes. "My name is Aliah Stormwind, although I don't believe I have yours..." she responded, genuinely curious. It had been a long while since Aliah had been a Thalmor operative, but that didn't mean she wasn't interested in a having an ally that was currently in the Thalmor's chain of command. Plus, it never hurt to know attractive men...

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    To his surprise, the leather clad vampire responded. Her name, Aliah Stormwind, was not familiar to him, but he had a feeling that she had once been involved with the Thalmor. Then she asked him his own name. At first the vampire considered lying, but decided against it, there was really no gain or purpose in lying to the woman. "My name, is Salthar Vivarian. I'm a lord on the Isles, but I don't expect to be treated any different than the others on this...expedition" he let on that he suspected the voyage wasn't quite finished, and he knew that he wasn't the only one that thought as much.

Aethalia

Aliah frowned at the name, and was surprised when the Thalmor vampire revealed his rank. 'An Altmer lord in Skyrim?' That was more than a little interesting to her, especially since he was a vampire. To rise to such a rank, and be a vampire was astonishing, considering that most Altmer found vampires repulsive. It appeared Salthar too thought that the group would be working with one another for a little while longer. Strange...a simple bounty turns into a mission to get answers from a jarl' shrugging, the woman banished the distractions from her mind. Torchlight leaf the group on wards, a clear sign that Falkreath was just up ahead. Looking up at the evening sky, she wondered when the pregnant rain clouds would release their load of rain drops.

The guards let them in the gates, and Aliah lead them towards the jarls' longhouse. He was probably just starting his evening meal.That was too bad for him, since his meal was about to be rudely interrupted. The guards at the door to the longhouse looked a little startled at the appearance of the vampire and her companions. She shoved inside to see Sidgier sitting at his table, a piece of meat quivering at the tip of his knife, staring at the approaching company. "Ah, you must be that bounty hunting company that the bartender told me about, was your-" Aliah slammed her hands down on the table, right in front of the nord, scaring him into silence. "Don't play dumb, Sidgier, you knew about those people...and now you're going to tell us who's behind it" the mans' face contorted with anger, and he stood. "Guards! Arrest these ruffians!" Shouted the jarl, scrambling back to his seat. Guards entered the room behind them, and Aliah shouted to her companions "No killing!" and left her own two blades sheathed.
    She had no desire to kill any of the guards. They weren't the ones that had killed people in the caves, and killing them would accomplish nothing.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Personally, Salthar was surprised when the guards didn't attempt to stop them from entering the jarls longhouse. Aliah approached the jarl, who was bent over his evening meal, when Aliah, her leather overcoat sweeping out behind her, her leather armour shining in the light from the fire pit. With a start the vampire realized he was ogling the woman. Then again, in the vampires' defense, it had been quite a while since Salthar had been with a woman that he wasn't using as a food source.

The jarl started to say something, but the female vampire cut him off. "Don't play dumb, Sidgier, you knew about those people...and now you're going to tell us who's behind it" and then, predictably, Sidgier called for the guards. The vampires' first instinct was to draw his sword, and blast the Nords with his spells, but Aliah shouted "No killing!" And the vampires sighed. A purple clad guard came at the Altmer vampire, sword raised, and Salthar grabbed his arm, flinging the man clear across the room. The man slammed into the ground, and grunted, before shaking his head and preparing to get up. Salthar sighed, knowing that the fight would take much longer than it would have if they would have been allowed to kill.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari wasn't about to lie to herself, she was relieved to get out of the forest, and she was eager to confront Sidgier. They made their way into the city, a well armed and vary mixed party, drawing the occasional stare from the citizens and guards. The assassin was not really concerned about them, as long as they didn't try to stop her from getting answers from the jarl. Surprisingly the guards didn't even try to stop them from entering the longhouse. The female vampire was already charging towards Sidgier who was eating, and speaking harshly. Shadari grinned, eager to have a turn to beat some answers out of the snotty little punk. Then he shrieked for the guards, and Shadari's hands went to her throwing knives. Before she could throw them, the group leader shouted for them not to kill anyone. "Well, that's no fun" the assassin said to herself, watching a charging guard, preparing to take him out. As he got within arms reach, she grabbed his leading arm, turning and hooking one leg behind his knee. With that foot, she pulled, shoving out with one arm. The man grunted and landed on his back, hard. Before he could get to his feet, Shadari kicked him in the side of the head, hard. This time, the man stayed down.

Blackwhite1223

Torin nodded at the woman as she fell back, retaking the rearguard position of the group. The ranger was usually more comfortable in the forests, but he felt a strange sort of relief when he saw the walls of Falkreath just ahead of the group. They entered the city, drawing a few curious gazes, but it was approaching night, and the guards didn't seem too concerned with their actions. The leather wearing Altmer woman lead the group all the way into the jarls' abode. The ranger wasn't one to seek retribution, but if what that Nord warrior had said was true, the people in that cave deserved justice.

That didn't mean Sidgier had ordered their murders, but he'd probably known something about it. They entered the longhouse, and the woman wasted no time in confronting the spoiled young man. Immediately, she set into him, much like a sabre cat does a deer. Frightened, the jarl called for his guards, who immediately spilled out of rooms and drew weapons. The woman shouted for the group not to kill anyone, and Torin nodded in approval. A guard charged towards him, weapon ready, and the ranger laid him low with a quick blow to the solar plexus.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Averain squared his shoulders as the group marched into jarl Sidgiers' longhouse. The man was eating his evening meal, as if there was no problems in the world. The half-Breton found his gauntleted hand curling into a fist. This insolent child disgusts me. His people have been murdered, and he most likely knew about it, and here he is eating!' the vampire fumed, letting his right hand go to Goldbrand, ready to draw and use it if necessary. The female Altmer vampire arrived at the table first, and began speaking to the jarl in low, intense, tones. Whatever she had said must have frightened the jarl, because he called for guards and moments later, his men were charging into the place, surrounding the companions, drawing weapons.

Averain was relieved when the woman shouted for the group to refrain from killing anyone. He didn't blame the guards for the deaths of those people in the cave, and they were only following Sidgiers orders, at the moment. Picking a guard at random, he approached, and the guard, seeing him lifted a war axe in challenge. The guards' first swipe missed, and Averain responded with a blow to the jaw. Not so hard that it would break the jaw, only fracture it, perhaps. After all, he just wanted the man out of commission for a little bit, not kill him. AS the man tumbled to the ground, the vampire knight was already looking for his next target.

Baneloth

Donath had been looking forward to beating some sense into the spoiled jarl of Falkreath ever since he'd seen what was in the cave. It seemed the gods had different plans for the short, sturdy warrior. As soon as they got inside the longhouse, the lady elf spoke to the jarl, and the man literally screamed for the guards. "Well...damn" the burly warrior said, reaching for the haft of his ax. "No killing!" The elf lass ordered, and the Nord sighed again. A guard charged him, foolishly not wearing a helmet, which left his nose as a target. Donath slammed his forhead forward, connecting with his opponents nose with a crunching noise. That man collapsed, and the Nord turned and knocked another out cold with a fierce right hook.

Aethalia

Aliah let the last guard, a man wielding a steel mace and shield, charge towards her, lifting his mace, probably intending to crush her head. The vampiress was already up at his head level, and kicking downwards with her black leather boot, connecting solidly with the mans' chest. With a grunt, the human flew backwards, the wind blasted out of him, and crashed to the ground,stunned. Glancing around, the Altmer realized that her companions had taken down the other guards, and was pleased to note that none of the men were dead. Some had broken bones, and some were unconscious, but none were dead.

Turning back to Sidgier, she smiled sweetly, making sure to keep a wary eye on the mans elven steward. "Now then, you were about to tell us what you knew about the cave?" She said with mock sweetness. The black haired, man glanced around at his fallen guards, and glared at Aliah. "Get out of my city. Now" he wasn't about to back down, and she wasn't going to follow the instructions of someone like Sidgier. It looked like they were at an impasse.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari gave the squirming guards a once over with her piercing emerald eyes. Then she focused on the jarl, the scumbag that had willingly kept information from the group. The assassin strode forward, moving around to the mans' side, and glanced once at the elven vampire. Then she turned and punched the man full in the mouth. His head snapped back, and the jarl almost toppled out of his chair. Then she grabbed his mop of unruly black hair, and hissed "Tell us exactly what you know.Or you're going to feel a lot worse before I'm through" then she punched him again, this time in the stomach, and a third time, in the nose.

Aethalia

The Khajiit woman stepped up, punching the man in the mouth before he could even say anything. Then she spoke, her voice low and menacing: "Tell us exactly what you know.Or you're going to feel a lot worse before I'm through" . Before Sidgier could relinquish his information, the woman punched him again, twice. Aliah had no sympathy for the man, who, in her opinion, deserved every bruise and more. Finally, the jarl held up his hands, and shouted "Okay already! Whiterun! Go to Whiterun and talk to Farengar Secret-Fire!" looking fairly pitiful, the man whimpered "Just don't hit me anymore!"

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar had been standing around doing pretty much nothing as the others handled the rest of the guards. When Aliah and the Khajiit woman began interrogating him, the vampire moved forwards, intrigued, and ready to intervene should his skills be needed. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the steward, Nenya, lift her hands, torn between doing nothing and defending her jarl. Salthar stepped forwards and grabbed her left wrist before she could cast a spell and get herself in trouble. She looked at him, startled, clearly expecting the Thalmor to cut her down like a stalk of wheat.​
    Instead, the vampire said "Please, little sister, do not involve yourself in his problems...you can do so much better" with those words, the Altmer gently turned over her captured hand, and dumped a heavy coin purse into her hand. Looking into the womans wide, surprised eyes, he smiled gently and motioned for the door. His fellow Altmer hesitated a moment, before heading for the door. Turning his attention back to the interrogation, he caught the jarl spilling his guts. "Okay already! Whiterun! Go to Whiterun and talk to Farengar Secret-Fire!" 'Typical Nords. All bluster and no courage' .

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    'That was almost too easy' she thought to herself. However, Shadari wasn't about to complain about it, instead, she glanced at the lady vampire and shrugged. "Now that wasn't too heard, was it?" She said softly, grinning in a predatorial way. Stepping behind the man, she grabbed his mop of unruly black hair, and slammed his face into the wood of the table. The jarl slumped, unconscious, and Shadari turned to the rest of the group, and shrugged. "He didn't need to stay conscious for much longer, plus I don't like him very much" she said, walking away from the man, more than a little happy with being allowed to beat on the jarl.

Blackwhite1223

Torin couldn't really bring himself to be upset with the Khajiit woman. The jarl certainly had it coming with what had happened in the cave. Still, it was strange to see one that had fought with such accuracy and discipline both in the bandit camp and in the jarls longhouse. He didn't stare, exactly, but he was a little surprised at her actions. He also noticed the mans' steward, a seriously undervalued Altmer woman who's name Torin thought was Nenya, walking out of the place, after having spoken with that foul Thalmor vampire.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Jarl Sidgiers' head made a dull, thumping noise as it was slammed into the hard wood of the table. The man slumped unconscious, and all eyes went to the Khajiit woman that had all but lost her temper with the man. Averains' code of honour forbade him from imitating the woman, but he certainly would have liked to. Then she simply walked away, seeming not at all bothered that the group was shocked by her sudden attack. 'At least now we have a destination...although why Whiterun, and its resident mage?' The knight wondered, turning to the doors. Then he noticed the two youngest members of the group, both leaning against the far wall, both looking very tired.

The vampire changed directions, heading for the female Altmer woman. He nodded in greeting and said "My lady, I know that answers are important, but perhaps we should wait until the morning?" He nodded meaningfully towards the two youngsters. Personally, the knight had no problems walking through the night to get to their objective, preferred it, even. However, he would feel rather unfair to the others to force them to walk through the night, and then more walking for about half of the morning. Plus, the clouds that had moved in that morning were still menacing, and they looked like they might release the rain sooner, rather than later. Through personal experience, the man knew it was extremely unpleasant to have to march in the rain, with little, to no sleep had the previous night.

Aethalia

Aethalia watched outcome of the interrogation with more than a little bit of satisfaction. She was by no means a gentle person, but she still had been about to pursue a more...diplomatic solution. Still, with the element of surprise, and her willingness to beat on a self important arse such as him worked in the vampiress's favor. Though she couldn't help but wince when Sidgier had his head slammed into his table with a heavy 'thump!' Turning away, she was about to announce that the group head out for Whiterun immediately, although it would take a day, perhaps a day and a half to walk all the way there. Before she could say anything ,however, the red-armoured half- Altmer knight approached. "My lady, I know that answers are important, but perhaps we should wait until the morning?" He said, nodding towards the two young Imperials that were almost falling over, they were so tired. A little ashamed of her negligence, she nodded in agreement with her fellow vampire. "A good idea. We'll stay at the inn for tonight, and head out in the morning. It may take longer, but it is best that we are all well rested" With that statement, she headed for the doors, resting a guiding hand on each of the young Imperials' shoulders. "Come, lets' get a hot meal in you, and get some sleep" she said, surprised that she sounded almost...motherly.

WindWalker

Julius watched the fight between the guards and the rest of the group. He stayed up against the wall, which was probably for the best...he didn't have much skill in hand to hand fighting, and would most likely get in the way. He quickly began to get tired, and leaned against the wall, his eyes drooping closed. He didn't see or hear the questioning of the jarl and was way too tired to care anyways. He heard something about Whiterun, and sleeping in the inn. He felt a hand on his shoulder, gentle but firm, and guided him outside, and to the inn.