• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    "Well, since you seem to know almost everything about the small amount of investigating we've done so far, I can't see how we could help you." She glanced once at her companions, before continuing. "We were about to head out for Whiterun this very morning. You're welcome to join us in your search for answers"

"You could have discovered something in the event, however unlikely, that I missed something." The elf paused, considering her offer. He looked to the strange group, studying them as a mage would a tome. He normally wasn't one to travel with others but lately he had felt as if he was being watched. "Very well. I will accompany you. I have no name, but the local population of Skyrim have taken to calling me The Lost. So that will or simply Lost will suffice."

Aethalia

Aliah frowned at the mans' strange name. Then, taking in the rest of his body, and mannerisms, she decided the name suited him. "Very well...Lost. We were just about to depart for Whiterun. It should take about a day and a half to make the trip.We can have introductions along the way. My name, is Aliah." She nodded to the others in the room. "There are things we need to do, and do it fast, before we leave" she said, standing from the table, and making sure her weapons were comfortably in place.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari stepped away from the table, her hand resting on her falchion, and glanced around at the group. They all seemed ready to head out, as was she. The new comer was a little disturbing, but the Khajiit assassin had worked for, and with, worse. Stepping outside, she leaned against the wall beside the door, and let the scent of pine trees and rain. Her keen emerald eyes scanned the people walking through the drizzling rain, still uneasy about that presence that she'd felt in the forest. She was more than ready to get out of Falkreath, even though if what the Wood elf had said was true, the disappearances were occurring as far as Whiterun. That didn't exactly fill her with optimism.

Blackwhite1223

Torin stared out the window, at the light rain, and the dreary buildings. However, his thoughts were elsewhere, namely, the forest surrounding the town. The ranger was tormented knowing that something sinister lurked in the forest, and that his duty as a ranger dictated that he should protect the woodlands. That was why Torin was so ill at ease. The forest gave him a bad vibe, and clearly all was not well among the evergreens. "I'm heading back to the forest. I'd ask that one of you, at least, accompany me" with that the ranger drew up his hood, hoping the rain wouldn't be that bad. Also, he was hoping that one of his companions would be willing to brave the forest once more.

Kir the Silent

With the female altmer confirming his place among them, he simply nodded and seemed to lose what little intrest he had in the conversations taking place around him. The kahjiit walked passed him, headed for the door. He only looked at her for an instant from the corner of his eye before she walked out the door. Her eyes...before he had time to further examine his thoughts a man announced he was going into the forest once again, but was asking for company. The Lost had no need to return to the forest and thus, said nothing. He did however turn without a word, walk out of the door he had entered only moments before, and passed the kahjiit who was leaning against the door.

It was raining still. Not a storm, but pouring all the same. The Lost didn't pull up his hood as the rain fell however. He made his ay to the center of the street in front of the inn. The rain cascaded down his face and hair, giving him a strange glisten in the gloomy light of Falkreath. He turned and looked at the kahjiit, studying her once again. He said nothing as he looked at her expressionless as the rain poured. She stared back with equal indifference. He looked down the road and away from her emerald eyes. She was different, in the way she stood and her mannerisms. An ally? Unlikely. An oppurtunist? Probably. A threat? Assuredly. But of course he could only read what was on the surface. It was only her unusually colored eyes for a kahjiit that gave him pause.

He started walking away without a word. He needed to gather what little possesions he had in this world from his camp. It was just a short way in the forest from the inn, the opposite direction the ranger seemed to be headed in. Was it intelligent to go alone? Most likely not. Would I ask anyone to accompany me? Doubtful. Did I want company? Unknown. Is the kahjiit still watching me? I can almost feel those eyes upon my skull. Should I look back? No, that would seem strange. None of them trust me, nor have any reason too. He stopped thinking to himself and, realizing he had stopped walking and how strange that must have looked, continued towards his camp.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    The ranger announced that he was heading back into the forest, and would like some company. Averain didn't expect any of the others to go with him. The Bosmer man, turned away from Aliah and marched out the door, ignoring the others. 'Interesting...perhaps-' the half Breton cut the thought short. He was certain that the man didn't want a red armoured knight traipsing after him, demanding to know his intent. Deciding to keep an eye on the expressionless man, Averain looked back to the ranger, rising from his seat.

"I'll accompany you, ranger. I'd prefer to not be stuck sitting around all day, no matter the rain" the knight knew that the man didn't like the vampires very much, considering his treatment of the robed vampire, Salthar. However, Averain was no amateur to combat, and he hoped the ranger understood that they were both on the same side, this time. Hopefully, the ranger wouldn't decide to shoot him in the back. Moving to the door, he opened it, breathing in the scents of Falkreath, and gesturing his companion forwards."Shall we?"

Blackwhite1223

Torin watched the wood elf walk out the door, as if his only goal had been to be accepted into the group. To his surprise, the red armoured half Breton knight volunteered to accompany him. Judging by his red steel plate armour, he probably was garbage at sneaking, but having a warrior that obviously knew how to handle himself in a fight could be very useful. Especially if there really was something evil in the forest, which, by now, the experienced ranger was almost certain there was. The knight was already moving to the door and pulling it open, gesturing Torin towards the outside.

Nodding, the ranger headed out into the rain, and headed towards the tall, gloomy trees. While still nervous about the place, he felt good, too. He was doing what he was supposed to: guarding the forest and it's inhabitants. Removing unnatural and evil creatures from the face of Tamriel. "Have you been in Skyrim long?" He asked casually, hand on the hilt of his sword. He wasn't attempting to intimidate his companion.He simply felt safer with his hand resting on the trusty weapon. They reached the forest in good time, and the ranger strained his ears, attempting to hear anything of the normal forest animals...or something less normal. Nothing. As if some force was blocking his attempts to learn anything without actually entering the place. So much for that attempt. He thought gloomily, and stepped into the dark trees.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Averain followed the ranger, glancing at the Khajiit woman as they left the inn. Walking slightly behind and to the left of the ranger, giving both of them plenty of space to draw weapons if the need arose. He noticed that the mans' hand rested on the hilt of his sword, and Averain imitated him, resting a gauntleted hand on Goldbrand. He didn't think the man wanted to attack him, but was rather more worried with going into the forest again. Truthfully, the knight wasn't looking forwards to it so much himself.

"Have you been in Skyrim long?" The ranger inquired, and Averain shook his head. He'd only been in the province for a few years, none of them exactly happy ones. "I've been here for a little while.Just short of five years, if my memory serves correctly" the vampire responded honestly. "I don't think we've been introduced. Averain Silverblade, at your service" then he winced. In High Rock, the name Silverblade was synonymous with the word 'vampire'. Along with murderer of fathers and slayer of lords.

Hopefully, the ranger hadn't met too many Bretons in the past decade or so. Otherwise, the knight and ranger might end up fighting one another before they even got past the first tree of the forest. They stood before it now, the trees looking rather menacing, close up...and inside...the vampire thought that there must be something truly evil festering inside the forest. Then he thought 'What is the matter with me? I'm more dangerous than anything in these woods' he hoped.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari had been enjoying the rain. She liked rain, almost to an unreasonable degree, and it did get her fur wet, but still...she liked it. That was before that blasted strange wood elf had left the tavern, giving her a strange glance, and standing in the middle of the street. Then he continued to stare, before looking away, down the road. 'Have I grown a second head?' she thought to herself. She was used to men ogling her, but that wasn't what this elf was doing. He had just stared at her as if she was some creature he'd never encountered before, keeping his expression carefully neutral.

'Weird.Maybe I should tell our leader that we might have a head case in the group'. She wasn't entirely sure why he'd been allowed in the group at all, actually. Now that he was, though, she wasn't going to complain. She'd just have to keep a careful eye on him. He abruptly headed off taking the road out of town, then stopped, then continued again. The thought that he might be luring her did occur, but she was confident that she could handle anything he could throw at her. Mind made up, Shadari stepped off the porch, and followed the man at a discreet distance.

Kir the Silent

The Lost walked in silence, feeling once again as if he was being watched. He thought it must be the kahjiit woman. He hadn't gotten her name yet. She was very good, he had lost track of her several times. A professional? Of course. A thief? No, she had a more...powerful look in her eyes. An assassin? Most likely. He made his way silently off the road and into the woods, his camp wasn't far away now. He wondered if she wanted to kill him or was simply curious as to his motives. A kahjiit woman with pure green eyes. What were the odds? He moved the thoughts from his head as he entered a small, but well hidden clearin where the rain didn't fall.

It was a modest camp. A simple tent, fire place, and a cooking pot. He mad his way to the tent, where he crawled part of the way in to grab his knapsack. He stood up as he exited, still feeling as if he was being watched. He assumed she would reveal herself if she so wished. All of his belongings were still here in the bag; the coin purse with a few hundred septims, a few sweetrolls, a bottle of Argonian Bloodwine, and a small ring that only a few could recognize as kahjiit-made. The ring was on a chain to be worn around the neck, the ring itself was made of ebony and had the carving of a kahjiit caravan circling it. The carvings had been created by a kahjiit's claws while the ebony was still warm and able to be molded. It was one of few possessions he kept with him.

It was a blessing and a curse. Filling him with both memories of happiness and sorrow, though his face remain passive as he stared at it for the thousandth time in his life. The he said softly as he placed the ring around his neck, "May you walk on warm sands."

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari kept a close eye on the elf, following him all the way back to his small camp. She lurked in the trees, keeping a close eye on his actions. He had something in his hand, and although his face was still neutral, but in his eyes...some emotion. Shadari snorted softly, and shook her head. She could respect his choice not to show any emotion when around others, but she didn't believe in softening up ever. To do so, even when you believed you were alone, was dangerous. Stepping out from the cover of the trees, she cleared her throat quietly." And what are you up to?" She said, her voice balancing between playful and murderous.

Kir the Silent

Not at all suprised, The Lost simply placed the ring behind his black leather armor and turned to face her. His face as passive as ever. Her tone sounded playful but had a threat-like undertone. He was very fond of being threatened, even playfully but he didn't think she meant him any real harm or she would have made a move by now.

"I simply came to retrieve my belongings." He said completely nuetral. "I'm not, as you say, up to anything. Now I pose the same question to you. I made no mention of where I was going or why. So what made you want to follow me? Curiousity or Suspicion?"

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    "Suspicion" she responded immediately, her eyes narrowing. "It's strange that someone such as yourself is conveniently in range of Falkreath, just as our party is ready to head out" she swept her gaze over the mans' camp. "You travel light. Very light." Shadari traveled lighter, but she was an assassin. All she needed was her weapons and armour, and food, obviously. This man, 'The Lost' didn't seem to be the assassin type, despite his expressionless face. She rested her hand on her falchion.Just in case.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar watched the four leave the inn, his eyes glinting as he regarded the departing Bosmer. Turning to Aliah, he commented "That one has more on his mind than recovering a lost child, or I'm a Talos worshiper" the vampire narrowed his eyes, wondering what that thing might be. It appeared they'd be staying in Falkreath a little while longer, and Salthar would be damned if he was going to let the expressionless Bosmer keep his motives secret.

Kir the Silent

"Honesty? Suprising." Despite him claiming suprise, his face did not change at all. He watched her move her hand to her weapon with indifference. "That coupled with your hand now resting on your weapon tell me you are not a thief. A thief would be quick to lie and flee, rather than be blunt in speech and ready to kill."

"An assassin." A statement, not a question. He already knew the answer. "Yes I travel light. I own next to nothing."

"I do not even own this camp. It was a either a bandit's or a hunter's until I killed him two days ago." He said he had killed him s quickly and with no emotion that it conveyed how little killing the man must have meant. "I needed a place to rest. He had one such place. I killed him in his sleep and disposed of the body. Most of the possesions you see were his, so I travel lighter than you originally assumed. And as for appearing when I did? It was not strange or convenient."

"I had been following and observing you all for days." He said flatly. He still noticed her hand on her blade. "Do you wish to fight? You have the advantage, at least at this moment. You only have one weapon and it is on your hip. My weapons, dual swords, are located on my back. This means you could draw and attack me faster, perhaps even before I drew my own blades. Of course I could always try a sword-catching technique, but the odds of success are not favorable. If you are suspicious of my motives, now would be the oppurtunity to attack."

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari was impressed by the mans' deductions. He obviously wasn't stupid, and despite her earlier assumptions, he did travel lighter than she did.The assassins' eyes narrowed, and she drew her weapon with slow menace. "As they say, you don't really know someone until you've fought them" she tilted her head, smiling teasingly. "Unless you're afraid, of course. " Part of the assassin knew she shouldn't be challenging a potential ally, but...she was bored.

Kir the Silent

The Lost studied her without a word. Face expressionless and eyes deviod of feeling. He reached to his back and drew two katanas, both looked exactly the same as the other with one exception; one was made of ebony and the other was made of dragonbone. He held them loosely at his side. Will she go for the death blow if provided an oppurtunity? Most likely. Does she underestimate me? Probably. Should I attempt to kill her? Perhaps. Do I want to kill her? Unknown.

"The first move is both the most important as well as the most foolish. Neither of us has any idea what the other is capable of, so a first move is risky if they have a perfect counter for your first strike." He spoke to her while standing there as still and cold as a statue. "Of course. One cannot let emotions or hesitation cloud one's thoughts. Or that one could end up dead. So..."

"..Enough talk." He spun his blades at his sides moving forward with surprising speed, closing the distance between them. As he closed in on her he crossed his blades and spun around, moving the twin swords in a deadly and beautiful blade dance.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari studied the swings of his blade, one of ebony, the other looking to be crafted from some sort of bone. His blade dance was pretty, of course, but, like he'd said, she had no idea how effective it was. Most blade dances relied on distracting the opponent with the movements of their weapons. Then again, the vampiress was pretty good with her own weapons but she was a vampire. Readying her weapon, she leapt forward, slapping the blades of her opponent quickly. She made no move to press the attack, as she was only testing him, ready to measure his reaction.

Blackwhite1223

Torin frowned at the mention of the name 'Silverblade'. The surname sounded familiar, but the ranger couldn't place it. He was a little surprised to learn that the knight had survived that long after the war. Most non-Nords would have been forced out of the Stormcloak controlled province. The ranger cast a keen gaze about the trees as they moved deeper into the forest, feeling the oppressive darkness push down on him. "My name is Torin Greenbow.I've been a ranger living in Skyrim for most of my life" cautiously, the man drew his sword an inch, making it easier to ready in case of an ambush. Once again, the ground dwelling animals were scarce.

Kir the Silent

He noticed she wasn't pressing, simply testing. His face and voice were as emotionless as always. Even during the heat of battle his face never changed; no anger, sly smile, nor even a grunt. He was like a living statue just order to fight, it's face set forever in a certain expression. She was good, very good. Blocking, trying to guage his skill and strength. But just when he assumed she was catching on, he threw a new set of moves out.

Quickly changing styles, now using the twin fang technique which involved both blades striking from different directions at the same time. Now it was he who was testing her. He made careful note of every detail; her reaction time, facial expressions, muscle movements, body language, even taking some time to stare into her emerald eyes again before stepping back from his attacks, but still circling her like a predator who had only just started.

"Your very talented." He said with no emotion. "But perhaps you should do more than defend now. Why hold back? You'll never know my true strength or skill by defending. You will only see half the picture. The other half is concealed while you block and study."