What level do I need to be at to conjure a storm atronach...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hi

This is potentially something that could be ascertained with basic maths, but then I am not very good at maths...

I'm currently at level 15. I have learned the conjure storm atronach spell, but I can't use it because it costs 279 magicka, and my maximum magicka is only 190 at present.

So assuming I only level up in magicka rather than health or stamina for the next while, what level will I need to be at before I can use the spell?

Cheers...

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Don't go overboard with your magika, instead focus on enchanting and talent points (in this case in conjuration) which can reduce and even eliminate spell costs in specific schools.

Otherwise, you'll wind up with a character with very high magika and very very low hit points. Properly talented and geared, magika becomes a non-factor.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Honestly, level means nothing in this game. If you have enough Magicka then you can cast it. Calculate it out and find out how many levels you'll need to gain to have enough Magicka and which perks to get (I recommend the ones that cut the Magicka cost in half. If you take those you may not need to upgrade Magicka as much.)

Thanks for the replies fellas.

The thing is, as the storm atronach spell is an expert spell, the only perk I can see that will be of any use is the 'expert conjuration' perk, which will cut the cost of the spell in half. But I need to have a 75 skill level in conjuration before I can get that perk, so wouldn't that still mean a lot of leveling up to do generally before I can get it?

Or are there any other perks that would allow me to cast it sooner?

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Yeah, you'll probably need to just level it a lot. I just power leveled conjuration on the PC when I was like level 60. Get a dead body and soul trap. It might have been patched though.

Panda Rawrlord

Herald of Panda-Monium
I highly reccommend getting Vokun. It decreases the cost of conjuration spells by 20%.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
If you have enchanting, you can enchant four pieces of armor to reduce the magicka cost of conjuration spells by 25% each, 100% total, assuming you first disenchant any item you find with conjuration on it.

The spells become magicka free!

Saozig

Hippy
Honestly, I kind of hate the storm atronach. Bulky, clumsy and those shock spells are too limited. I prefer the dremora lord--fast, aggressive and does damage with both the blade and the blade's fire enchantment. One caveat: if your follower accidentally hits the dremora with a spell or arrow it will attack your follower, and you have to either let them duke it out between themselves or kill one of them off yourself. :p

I use restoration, conjuration, alternation & illusion spells a lot so I go for the perks in those, but only for the level of spells I actually use (like for illusion, I rarely use spells over apprentice) and prefer to use enchantments that add magicka rather than cut the cost of specific spells. I don't apply level up points unevenly--that has always ended with me getting stuck in a bad position one way or another, so now I apply level up points evenly, no matter what.

Once you get to a high enough level, you can find enchanted circlets that add 70 magicka points, on top of any other add magicka enchantments you use. That way you can have plenty of magicka to use spells from any of the schools. Or at least that's how I prefer to do it.

By the way, to be able to conjure a Expert level creature before you have the magicka or skill level to do so, go find Sam Guevenne at one of the taverns after you're reached level 14 or so. He appears at a random tavern that you've already visited at least once once you hit the perquisite level. He'll be the dude in the black robe who asks you if you want to have a drinking contest. This will star the Daedric quest A Night to Remember. Once you complete that quest, you get Saguine Rose, a staff that conjures a dremora lord regardless of your level (although using staffs do not increase any skill level).

There are also Conjure Storm Atronach scrolls take you can use at any level, but they aren't common, either as loot or as items for sell.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts