what kind of things do you like to wear on skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

what do you like to wear on skyrim?

• Total voters

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
you decide, I like to wear normal ordinary plain old clothes in skyrim.

and I wear armour whenever I go out.

so what do you like to wear whenever you go out or just hang around town??

I would like my guy character to be naked or wear a dress very badly. but running around with undies on around town is kind of cool.I like to be naked on skyrim,yeah.

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
Most of the time I wear a mask (Cowl?) and the DB armor ^_^ Makes me feel epic xD Though sometimes I feel a bit weird if I'm walking around Whiterun like that, so I wear normal clothing :) And sometimes I go around naked just to see what people say xD

Clau

The Fateless One
My character utilizes Light Armor (Nightingale, Thieves Guild) and normal clothing (Tavern clothes). Light armor for adventuring while normal clothing for a day designated to town mingling.

I also collect light armor sets and display them.

well with the new dawngaurd DLC i like to wear the ancient falmer armor with a dragonscale helmet which looks badass

Gowsh

Old Fart
well with the new dawngaurd DLC i like to wear the ancient falmer armor with a dragonscale helmet which looks badass

I've got the armor. First thought when I donned it was, "Wow! That's sharp! And look at the numbers!"

However... I'm too obsessive to wear it because:
  1. I can't yet enchant the armor up so it's anywhere near my Nightingale set. I kind of messed up allocating perks on this char. :oops:
  2. I don't have the (possible?) helm to complete the set and therefore miss out on the 25% "matching set" perk. I earned that perk, darn it! ;)
I haven't tried a Dragonscale helm (I can smith it, but see above). The bronze-looking Dragon priest mask with +20% carry and some other stuff (I want to say Krosis, but that's not it. Hey! i'm old. :)) looks good too. That outfit gives over 100 more armor points, put loses me a whole raft of buffs.

My daughter! My ducats! :D

Otherwise, I'm pretty much too lazy to change out of the armor.

I do change into a "smithing outfit" when the occasion warrants. Regrettably on about one of three occasions, I get hamburgered immediately after leaving the city because I didn't remember to change back to battle gear. Oops.o_O

Back when money mattered, if I remembered, I'd put on the Guildmaster's Hood and wear the amulet that goes with it. That also seemed less intimidating than the full "mini-Vader" Nightingale look. I still try to remember to put on the amulet when i'm in town.

Angharrad

I tend to lean towards the mage robes, however I have quite a selection of dresses from Radiant Raiment ^.^

It depends on the character. Dreadfall, my main actually wears mostly Shrouded Clothes around the Mourner's dress for assassinations, then puts on Light Armor in cities so noone will know she's an assassin. Many of my other characters change from bloody battle-armor to street clothes in cities, and even my battlemages wear heavy armor around robes for better mobility, and Magic assistance with minimal protection (not to mention the look.)

I know, there's no real in game difference between going to see the Jarl in Daedric Armor, plain clothes, or one of the marked sets, but the Guards will randomly comment if you're wearing Thieves' Guild, or Shrouded gear. "Psst, I know who you are, Hail Sithis!" That's probably what happened to the DBH, they lost track of the whole secrecy thing, with their bright red "Don't look at me sneaking up on you" red robes. It's mostly about Role Play, if I'm playing a barbarian bandit, instead of a character playing a bandit for a cover story, I won't bother changing when I get into town. Note that all the comments are triggered by what you have equipped, even "So you know how to cast some spells..?" because you have magic cued up, even if it's Sheathed.

The critical difference to me is, i ask myself "Does [this character] CARE?" One thing that always bothered me about the Ninja myth is they wear a uniform. Everyone knows what a Ninja looks like, and you really shouldn't be able to point at one, and say "Hey look, a Ninja!" For contrast, we've got Darth Vader, who you can literally hear coming. He's evil, he looks it, and he's even got a glowing Red blade to shew it. He's not all about stealth, though. He's a Dark Lord of Sith, he doesn't have to sneak around for a backstab with the Power of the Dark Side, and an energy blade that can cut through Adamantium.

So, an Orcish Tank is probably going to be proud of his finely crafted armor, while a sneak-thief will probably want to be a little lower profile.

Gowsh

Old Fart
I know, there's no real in game difference between going to see the Jarl in Daedric Armor, plain clothes, or one of the marked sets, but the Guards will randomly comment if you're wearing Thieves' Guild, or Shrouded gear. "Psst, I know who you are, Hail Sithis!" That's probably what happened to the DBH, they lost track of the whole secrecy thing, with their bright red "Don't look at me sneaking up on you" red robes. It's mostly about Role Play, if I'm playing a barbarian bandit, instead of a character playing a bandit for a cover story, I won't bother changing when I get into town. Note that all the comments are triggered by what you have equipped, even "So you know how to cast some spells..?" because you have magic cued up, even if it's Sheathed.

Actually, I seem to recall reading that Daedric (helmet?) gets you a +10% on intimidation attempts.

I wish I could recall enough to dress appropriately for the circumstances. It sounds like fun and on occasion I try, but I just don't seem to have the mental discipline to carry it through. :sadface:

Scar

Redneck DragonBorn Nord
I usually wear my armor everywhere but I'll sometimes where regular clothes. Sometimes I'll forget I have it on and go try a quest and then I get killed and then I'm like "DAMMIT!"

DryadSpeaks

Killing dragons like it's nobody's business.
My characters usually just stick to their armors at all times...mainly because, if they put something else on, I forget to change them back and then they die in the wilderness.

Although my current main did change into a dress for her wedding to Balimund, AND I remembered to change her back afterwards.

Scar

Redneck DragonBorn Nord
My characters usually just stick to their armors at all times...mainly because, if they put something else on, I forget to change them back and then they die in the wilderness.

Although my current main did change into a dress for her wedding to Balimund, AND I remembered to change her back afterwards.
That's me! Haha I got married in my armor. I thought I looked pretty bad ass and my wife was protected! :)

DryadSpeaks

Killing dragons like it's nobody's business.
That's me! Haha I got married in my armor. I thought I looked pretty bad ass and my wife was protected! :)
I left my sword equipped...figured if someone decided to crash the wedding and start blowing up the temple, I could at least chop them in half (and set them on fire), while still looking wedding-appropriate.

Sadly, the wedding was not crashed. I wish that had happened.

I usually wear my armor everywhere but I'll sometimes where regular clothes. Sometimes I'll forget I have it on and go try a quest and then I get killed and then I'm like "DAMMIT!"
I've done that too, in character, she goes "Sh!T!" and scrambles away to change. (I know, equipping is a Free Action, but she doesn't.) Some of them also have Modesty, so rather than showing up at the gates, and changing right there, she'll go into breezehome, or at least hide behind a rock to change out of the Traveling Clothes. I've rented rooms at inns, just for Wardrobe changes. It's all about Immersion for me, and if I can instantly swap between Tavern Clothes, and Full Daedric Armor while the Draugr Deathlord is paused halfway through swinging his Honed Ancient Nord Greatsword of PWNage, it kinda destroys my Suspension of Disbelief. Sometimes, I also "Play Hitman", changing into Bandit Garb after slitting one of their throats (With a Skyforge Steel Greatsword of the Soul named "Dagger") to "Blend in."

In answer to the original question, Dreadfall's main outfits are: Shrouded Hood, Thalmor Gloves, Jester's Boots, and the Mourner's Dress for assassinations, or Scaled Boots/Gauntlets/Helmet around the Savior's Hide (Set off with an Amulet of Kynareth to match the bodice) in town posing as a Barbarian. Sometimes, the Scaled Boots/gloves are swapped for Stormcloak Officers' for that spikey Black Metal look, but she likes the little horns/skull on the Scaled Helm, kinda like if Elmyra (from Tiny Toons) growed up, and joined the DBH. Oddly enough, she usually wears armor out of combat, then switches to clothes a(with no protection) to kill, and fight if it goes wrong, but I created her as a conflicted ineffective joke character. She turned out to be an effective Cherry Tapper instead.

stagnant94

wear things?

hahaha+no+_d260fc0137701afb2a5fdf35066048a1.png

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
nah nah nah nah nah................sprint all around soltitude stark naked with a pair of undies on and run all the way across the entire district and yell out yipppeeeeeeeee!!!!!and the white run gaurd would say, hey your naked!!!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts