What kind of magic do you prefer

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which type of Destruction Magic do you like best?

• Total voters

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
Simply put, answer the poll and post your reasons why if you like. :D

Ragnar

The Red One
For the most part, the only magic I use is Conjuration. However, on the rare occasion I do use Destruction magic, it's Shock magic. No reason why, I just do. :rolleyes:

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
I miss combining, like back in Morrowing i had "Elemental Fury" did 50 shock, frost, and fire :D Awesome explosion of fire, lightning, and ice crystals :cool:

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Aw. Restricted to destruction magic. I like things like fury. Much fun to be had yes? I don't think I ever use destruction magic... it was sorta broke the first time I played.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I'm just a pyro lol

Golgo_SPB

Fire and Shock, if it weren't skyrim I'd choose Frost.

Other than that I like Conjuration and Illusion, they're fun to play around with.

Monopoly

Gypsy Panther
Frost because I love the ice spikes.
But I think I use fire the most, if I'm counting shouts (fire breath ftw) and that I have my bow enchanted with fire damage.

Sparkz

Mysterious Creature
i dont like any destruction magic illusion/conjuration is imo more fun to play around with but if i had to choose a specific destruction magic i would say frost. only because it helps with mele mobs useing anything more than a normal attack on you.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Personally one of my favorite combos is paralyze (alteration spell) followed by a wall of fire on the downed opponent. This way you can engage others in combat while that person/creature lies there burning. Mmmwaaahaahahaha!!

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I'm just a pyro lol

Destruction? Yeah, I'm with Pyro, er, RedNek. Plus, it warms you up the more you do it. Ummm. . .

Definitely fire. Though it does tick me off when I'm using fireball, and the target keeps dodging it. Or I just miss. Yeah, probably the latter. :rolleyes:

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Shock because it hits the fastest and the only creature in Skyrim that has Shock Resistance is the Storm Atronach, which works out fine since I use them as conjured minions and getting hit by Chain Lighting doesn't hurt them.

heatherelectra

Premium Member
I'm new at playing a mage (level 19), so this may change as I level up the character, but fire seems to do the most damage. I have to say that a mage seems much harder than playing a warrior or thief!

BurnBabyBurn

I'm new at playing a mage (level 19), so this may change as I level up the character, but fire seems to do the most damage. I have to say that a mage seems much harder than playing a warrior or thief!
you sound like me. It seems at this point though (lvl 21) u can own most enemies by simply dual casting fire bolt or lightning so they are stunned and repeating. Only seem to run out of magica now with toughest enemies so have just put the difficulty up one notch last night.

Dallas-Arbiter

I don't use magic, potions or anything enchanted on my characters. One is a Warrior, and the other a thief. Don't need to sling spells for either.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Destruction magic is the one for me! I especially enjoy setting bandits and draugr on fire!