What is your favorite village/settlement/city?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Village would be Riverwood. I like it's location and the handy store and smithy. Plus I like the locals, and will defend them if threatened. I also like the Skaal village on Solstheim.
Settlement would be Dark Water Crossing. That's where Annekke is from and she is my favourite follower. Plus they let me kill their chicken without attacking me.
City would be Whiterun. It's where I do all my business and it's always nice and sunny and I join the companions very early on in the game.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Favorite village: Riverwood. It's aesthetically pleasing and has nearly all of the amenities of a city; a blacksmith, a general goods store, and most importantly, a place to drink ale (inn). :p

Favorite settlement: Kynesgrove. I know there isn't much there to write home about, but for whatever reason, I like it and its surrounding environment.

Favorite city: Solitude. Not only is it big, but the city is great for raising a family and is most pleasing to my eye. I also find its history and lore, especially surrounding Potema, very interesting.

JClarke1953

Riften for me, Honeyside with an Alchemy/Enchanting room. Close to the water to fish for more Alchemy mats. Lots of places to explore as well. I like watching how poorly the Thieves Guild is doing (too bad Bethesda didn't put something in for the Dragonborn to do something about the Guild).

And many bandits are around, I love stalking, then jumping them before they know what's hit them.

JClarke1953

I kept meaning to mention this, but has anyone else noticed that there's nothing to bust-up in the Pawned Prawn? At least not until you begin joining the Thieves Guild?

Seeing that just tells me I went through too fast on my four previous chars, as I never noticed the omission of the vase until I moved to Riften. There's much more of course that I'm finding I missed, but seeing that, well, I'm taking more time, and exploring more carefully, sort of, bear's, sabre cat's, dragon's...oh my!

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
My favourites tend to change from time to time. I've always liked Whiterun and consider it as a sort of home more than any of the other cities.

I like Falkreath and its woodland setting, Markarth, I like as it seems the safest place to live, especially with dragons around, and it's pretty impressive.

But at the moment, I think Raven Rock is my favourite. Can't really explain why, but I like it. And the people there seem to think I'm the best thing since sliced bread.

Kaelbu

Village: Toss up between Riverwood and Falkreath. I know Falkreath is a hold capitol, but the small ones (like Morthal and Dawnstar) are closer to being villages in my eyes. But Riverwood is so nostalgic and pretty, and Falkreath gloominess and rain is oddly refreshing.

Settlement: Kynesgrove, because you fight a dragon there and Roggi Knot-Beard is fun to talk to.

City: Again, a toss up. This time, between Whiterun and Markarth. Whiterun is homey and the Jarl's castle is the best, plus it has The Companions. Markarth has a lot of stuff going on, has cool architecture, and it's built into a mountainside so everything is really steep and tall.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
Village: Ivarstead. I always found it quaint and the only place of real virtue in the Rift. Riverwood always seemed to important of a village, which annoys me for it shouldn't be more important than other places like Morthal or Falkreath.

Settlement: Darkwater Crossing. Mainly for when I play Dead is Dead Hardcore (A combo of Dead is Dead with stricter rules like on Expert or Master, no fast traveling eat three times a day etc...) It's perfectly situated between Windhelm and Riften, so it's a perfect rest place.

City: Markarth. I just want to say, I hate Whiterun. I felt Bethesda focused too much on Whiterun hold, and said screw it with everything else. Markarth is awesome however, despite Riverwood having more sway in the main quest than Markarth. It is also the coolest looking city, with Windhelm in a close second. It is a great city for either heroes or villains, with enough choices for each. Despite the Jarls for both sides being pretty sucky people, the city is awesome...

Whiterun. First house I got and by the time I'm confident enough of my skills in combat, I've already gotten married and purchased a house- along with all the items I can't just drop. I keep them on that house and try to make things a little simpler for myself by ensuring that I sleep on Whiterun if I could and just leave other houses of mine alone.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Village: probably Rorikstead. Something about the vast plains and the abundant crops makes me feel right at home :) Riverwood is nice, but whenever I go there, I feel out of place.

Settlement: I like Darkwater Crossing. I love that there's lots of people there and they are so friendly. I also like that there's access to a smelter there. I love the grand waterfalls, and the water is relaxing, as well as the cover of forest. It makes me feel safe.

City: That's tricky, because I like a few. My favorites are Solitude, Whiterun, and Riften. I like Solitude because the merchants carry an abundance of gold and offer a wide variety of goods, and the quantity of residential homes makes me feel like it truly is a city. I like Whiterun because it's cozy and comfortable, and the small homes make me feel safe and at peace. Also, I love the street vendors (in Solitude as well) and the layout of the city. I like Riften because of the layout of the market, the beautiful forest surroundings, and the fact that the Thieves Guild is right below the city. I can never decide what city I like most :D