What is your favorite playable race?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vinven

I've had a fascination with Bretons. They look cool, and have a magical nature to them. My Breton mage has 75% magic resist, and 80% spell absorption (100% with Dragonskin racial active).

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
Dunmers make the best vampires because of their resistance to fire, plus they look bad-ass.
So they're my fav.

Tilse

Spellsword
Since Oblivion I've been playing as a Dark Elf/Dunmer, but recently I started a file playing as a female Nord, which has been pretty fun actually. It feels like a completely different character to me (well, that's the idea, but yeah). I think I'll always prefer Dunmer though. It's just been a unique experience so far being a Nord in Skyrim, despite them being native to there. I dunno.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
For me it's a tie between burly male Nords and wicked female Dark Elves.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Imperial and Nords, but yeah they did an amazing job with Skyrim with races and other things, even the opening was like "Holy crap they cut his head off" That was the last time I ever make fun of the "Stop right there criminal scum!" Legionnaires, cause they don't mess around in Skyrim.

Twiffle

Nord, Breton or Imperial female in Forsworn armor, , mmmmmmmmmmmmm

3079583-1321704202.jpg

J

Jeremius

For me it depends on the setting. Here in Skyrim I prefer Nord.

UndeadDollface

Professional Corpse
All around my favorite race is the Dunmer. It might be because I was first introduced to TES through Morrowind, but they have always stood out to me. I love the way they look and the history behind their appearance. I love the fact that their culture is incredibly alien compared to anything in the history of our world, yet it genuinely looks and feels believable to me. I like the Great House political structure and the fact that throughout their varied religious history they have never really taken to the nine/eight divines. I'm definitely a Dunmer gal to the end.

I also like Nords, but that's mainly because they are my preferred foundation for vampires or werewolves.

wolf_maiden

breton and orc females C: bretons look cute to me cuz they're so short, and orcs look really strong and tough and personally i love the orcish warpaint

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
I'm up for Dunmer as well. For me the best Lore (Other than Shivering Isles) I mean it just has to be. If only they had Hobbits.

I've tried every race, and although my favourite game was with a Bosmer archer, I definitely have to go with my username and say Dunmer.
Their religion is awesome. And if you make them look right, they're fl*ffing badass.

By nature I'm typically drawn more to the more "out there" races like Khajit and Argonian but nothing beats out elves, they're in every good fantasy game and almost always are badass in some aspect. I just wish the eyes weren't so creepy on the Dark Elves lol.

Plus no matter how hard I try I always revert back to a sneak/mage style with a capable-when-necessary combatant element to my characters so I figure Elves (primarily the Dark & High elves, high elves especially) are the best of that lot.

wolf_maiden

By nature I'm typically drawn more to the more "out there" races like Khajit and Argonian but nothing beats out elves, they're in every good fantasy game and almost always are badass in some aspect. I just wish the eyes weren't so creepy on the Dark Elves lol.
I think the elves in elder scrolls are pretty ugly but I guess its due to other games/movies/books always portraying them as fair and beautiful. Still i just can't play as an elf for very long because it bothers me how weird they look. Altmer are the only ones I can make look decent lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts