What is the maximum character level?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Thelastskill3r

PSN: TheLastSkill3r
Also, do the DLCs increase the level cap like in fallout 3 and new vegas? and what does mastering a skill do for me exactly?

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
around the 32700 mark I tested with Console commands mine don't seem to get any higher then that or around that anyway however since it would take forever to reach even level 1000 its safe to assume it feels like their are an infinite amount of levels to gain

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
what does mastering a skill do for me exactly?

Depends on the skill being mastered.

- As you level Armour and weapon skills, your overall protection and damage will directly increase.

- There are several perk trees that end with an unlockable perk at level 100. Notable skills are Enchanting (dual-enchants) and Smithing (dragon smithing).

- The ability to 'Legendary' a skill tree. This basically means that the skill will return to 15 AND all spent perks from that tree will be returned to you. The benefit of doing this, is your overall level will remain the same and continue to rise when you start to train the skill again.

- Magic skill level directly relates to how many charges an enchanted weapon or staff uses. Eg. with 15 destruction you may only cast a fireball 10 times out of a staff before it requires recharging. At Destruction 100, you may be able to cast it 30 times.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
Yep with the DLC that allows you to make skills Legendary (reset them back to 15 and get your perks back), leveling up is supposed to be almost unlimited.

Mr. Irishman is right. It depends on the skill being mastered. But there is sometimes a really good reward, like for enchanting.

Also, keep in mind, then once you get above skill level 90 in any school of magic, you now have the potential to do a quest and get the Masterspell(s). Those are the rewards for mastering schools of magic.

Really, though, you don't have to master anything if you don't want to. For example, I don't take my characters overly far typically, and when I use archery, I've NEVER gotten over skill 80 in it. That doesn't stop me from killing everything. With smithing, you can get other armor to the cap, so you don't have to use dragonscale or dragonbone. Some masterspells ended up being worthless to me. It's just a matter of preference, it can make your life easier sometimes though.