Xbox 360 what is the first thing you do when you start a new game?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

what do you do when started a new game?

• Total voters

jonathan90

well known member
Okay everyone, I started a new game all over again. And deleted all of my data due to constant freezing and bugs again.:mad:

So what do you guys improve on first? when you start a brand new fresh game?
I just created a brand new account on my xbox 360.

Anyways , I want to make a poll about this as well, and do alot of you guys start playing a new game? when bugs and glitches happen alot?

I basically improve all of my one handed and archery first, and then I go of with more advanced perks later on.

So do you guys enjoy starting from fresh? let me know if you just started a new game just recently?

cheers:D

Kaige

I have restarted three characters at least three times each in the past two weeks, but not due to freezing or bugs... it's a character identity crisis for me.

But when I start out, I first go to every city and beat up the brawlers to get more gold. Then I work on my basic skills, like smithing and sneaking and which weapon combat style I use, ect. I usually do smaller quests that are fairly simple, and I always do the Amulet of Mara quests sine it helps with speech and isn't that hard.

I'm getting sick of starting over, but... It's like I'm a perfectionist with Skyrim.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
I always discover that i am..... SPOILER ALERT ..... Dragonborn so that dragon become random encounters then if my character is going to be in a guild i usually start that right away. Every guild gives you some nice gear for the character you are playing with and have plenty of side missions to level up on.

For characters that aren't going to be in a guild i just aimlessly wander around leveling them up until they start to develop into the build i want then start doing some side questing or whatever the build calls for.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Upon leaving Helgen, I MUST kill the fisherman/woman near the standing stones for a hunting bow and some booze.

Then I get accosted by the guard outside Embershard Mine for picking herbs on the trail. Naturally I exterminate him and his entire tribe, collecting gear, a smithing book, and loads I can sell in Riverwood.

jonathan90

well known member
Upon leaving Helgen, I MUST kill the fisherman/woman near the standing stones for a hunting bow and some booze.

Then I get accosted by the guard outside Embershard Mine for picking herbs on the trail. Naturally I exterminate him and his entire tribe, collecting gear, a smithing book, and loads I can sell in Riverwood.
Hahahaha!!!!that's exactly what I do.:D

jonathan90

well known member
I always discover that i am..... SPOILER ALERT ..... Dragonborn so that dragon become random encounters then if my character is going to be in a guild i usually start that right away. Every guild gives you some nice gear for the character you are playing with and have plenty of side missions to level up on.

For characters that aren't going to be in a guild i just aimlessly wander around leveling them up until they start to develop into the build i want then start doing some side questing or whatever the build calls for.
man, you are always going to have heaps of misc quests , and side missions to complete!!!!That's why it's skyrim. the stuff just never ends every time you start a new game, there is always craploads to do.at level 50 I had about 10 dungeon quests to do and over, and loads of other quests to complete!!this game is crazy as in a great way.:)

ShadowHunter

The first thing I do is help The Companions fight a giant, then I go get the Dragonstone from Bleak Falls Barrow

jonathan90

well known member
The first thing I do is help The Companions fight a giant, then I go get the Dragonstone from Bleak Falls Barrow
That's what I always have ever done for now of course.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Actually the first thing I start doing is collecting every alchemical ingredient I can get my hands on...even on the way to Riverwood at the beginning, I'm stopping to pick every bit of mountain flower and Mora Tapinella I can find :p It doesn't even matter if I intend for my character to use alchemy or not...it's a compulsion now :rolleyes:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I always do the exact same thing every game. I kill the bandits just after Helgan, read the one handed skill book, take their gear to sell, take the coin purse and black robes. I then proceed to the shrine of Talos and loot the dead Thalmor, get my standing stone, kill the two wolves, get the treasure in the dead tree, sell to Alvor and the general store. Moving off towards Whiterun, I kill the wolf, kill the three Imperials, loot them, I then proceed towards the Giant and help kill it, walk up to Whiterun persuade the guard to raise my speech level, sell the armor to the lady at the forge, read the two skill books in Whiterun. Heading back towards Riverwood I clear the mine near their village, read the skill book there and sell stuff back to the people of Riverwood.

When I first got Skyrim I joined the Companions because I wanted to become a Werewolf right away. For my Vampire Lord char I went straight into Dawnguard right away.

Twiffle

Carry as much crap as i can from Helgen and sell it in riverwood, then to the mine collecting stuff and selling, then to the bandit camp and shrine collecting and selling, then to the small camp above riverwood, read skill book, collect and sell, then over the river towards the tower, usually a random meeting which ends up killing, collecting and sell, then to the tower kill 3 bandits collect and sell, up to bleak falls kill the 3 outside and the first 2 inside, collect stuff and sell again, wander around riverwood collecting ingredients do some alchemy and sell sell sell, lots of sleeping with the 48 hour sleep trick, by the time i have done this im about level 6-9 with about 8,000 gold +.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
When I started Skyrim, the first thing I did was to torture Harvar ( I chosen the imperials ); when we were in that cave where the bear is sleeping, I started to increase my sneaking and one-handed by hitting Harvar in his back. It did take me around 4 hours to increase my level to 17 and I used my perks to improve one-handed, smithing and restoration.
Once I got to Riverwood, I chopped wood for 5 days and I ended with around 12-15 K in my pocket to be able to buy Breezehome and buy life potions and stuff.
After that, everything was setup to continue playing.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
Go to Riverwood, sell everything I picked up from Helgen. Go out and find more loot to sell while leveling skills ( Embershard Mine, Golden Claw quest, etc.)

Wildroses

First thing I do is start picking all the ingredients I see. One of these days I should make a character who ISN'T an alchemist.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I always explore the first mine you meet before you enter Riverwood, as it has some stuff you can sell. I make sure to take all the torches off the walls, as they always come in handy. Then I enter Riverwood and complete the Bleak Falls Barrow quest, and then onwards complete questlines corresponding to whatever my character is. :)

jonathan90

well known member
At night when it's very late on skyrim in riverwood, and do not get caught doing it....
You steal ingots and make iron fittings for your house. and if so collect ore as much as you can and firewood.
It levels your smithing up very quick at the start of the game. Making iron fittings works the same as making iron daggers,but the problem with iron daggers is you can't use all of them as weapons but sell them for a lower price.Iron fittings are the best because you can use them all and they smith just the same as iron daggers.

Try not to steal the Amulet of Talos off the dead guy because it stayed in my inventory forever.

Spend ages sneaking past the bear.

Do the golden claw quest.

Main Quest/Civil War

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts