What is the best way to play this game?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Grimnir

I am just about to play for first time. :)

There are 10 races and I wish to play as all of them, but because it is such a HUGE game I cannot do the entire game 10 times, otherwise I will be an old man by time I am done. :p

So instead I plan to play through as 10 different characters and on each playthrough only do the quests associated with that type of character.

Eg first time playthrough - female Nord warrior - main story plus civil war plus warrior type side quests
second time playthrough - male elf mage - main story plus winterhold plus mage type side quests
etc

Is this a good way to approach such a huge game?
Or do most of you pick one character and so every single quest with that character?

Also what is the best order to do certain quests, such as faction quests? do them all first, then do main story, do main story first, then faction quests, or do them at same time? :eek:

solace84

God of the Arena
Though I can not answer most of that for you because it is up to you, I did something similar. I play hardcore, which means as realistic as possib;e and dead=dead. I started with 6 characters and was going to play them all until there was only 1 left. All of them died except 2, my nord and my wood elf characters, so I ended up keeping them to this day because they still haven't died. Now I've grown attached to both as my good and evil characters, so even if they do die I'll probably just stay with them. I recommend learning your 1st shout, then going out and doing whatever the hell you want.

One advantage to your approach is that characters become so powerful that (for me) the game becomes less fun. Starting a new character for each major quest line helps keep the challenge and fun fresh. If you still find yourself getting bored, try playing against character, I.e. an Orc thief or a Wood Elf berserker, and try combinations you are not comfortable with initially.

SilentCO1

I recommend testing each one out, get to level like 20 on each, then decide which you like most and play as them for the rest of the game.

Personally, don't worry about looks.. You armor covers that up. Orcs are ugly, but the twohand skills and the double damage ability are amazing. Khajiit are cool, and great archers/assassins. Same as for ugly Wood Elves. Look up the starting powers for the most fun. :)

Savvy Noob

thats the beauty of this game you can do what ever you feel like

Nick_Tbolt

I chose redguard for a warrior, I too, was going to make acouple more characters, i.e. assassins, thieves, mage, but playing through, Im doing them all with one character, as soon as it gets easy, one hit kills against Deathlords, I up the difficulty, I'm on Expert now, and will probably go to master within a couple days

Redguard level 81 - Dual Enchanted Dragonbone Axes - Fully Upgraded Werewolf

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts