What is the best light armor for fire & frost resistance

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

XELI

Hello to all...
i'm trying to make the best light armor (cause i want to level up the stats of light armor)
so that i can fight fire mages pyromacer's etc.

Adam Warlock

Hello to all...
i'm trying to make the best light armor (cause i want to level up the stats of light armor)
so that i can fight fire mages pyromacer's etc.
The material in your armor has no effect on elemental resistance , only the level/number of the Resistance enchantment that you add or find will help against magic attacks.
Best light armors are Dragonscale , Glass , and Elven in descending order.
Resist Magic is a better enchant than Resist Fire/Frost/Shock because it applies to all 3 elements.
You can add Resist Magic to your shield , necklace , or ring.
There is a "normal" Resist Magic enchant available with a base 20% max resist , but there is also an additional seperate enchantment on the Shield of Solitude(25%) which is a Thane`s reward in that Hold. If you have both , with high Enchanting skill and Fortify enchanting potion you can get 50+% resistance on one item with dual enchantment perk.
Magic Resistance caps at 85% so you don`t need more than that on your armor or in perks, etc
You can also become an Agent of Mara for a permanent 15% magic resist without using an enchant slot on your apparel. There are some perks that can help as well in Blocking and Alteration trees.
The Lord Stone gives you 25% resist.
A certain Daedric Artifact quest will reward you with the Spellbreaker Shield which stops 50 points of all Magic attacks when blocking.

Hoping this helps

Adam Warlock

The only unique in-game light armor with Magic Resist is the Savior`s Hide (currently my night-time werewolf armor) which provides 15% magic and 50% poison resistance.
Otherwise , there`s the Shield of Ysgramor(heavy) that gives 20% magic resist and +20 health.

Neither of these can be disenchanted to learn the spell however

Adam Warlock

In my early game , when only one enchant per item was available and I didn`t know the Resist Magic spell , I had a resist fire necklace , resist frost ring , and resist shock on my shield.
You can add any of these to boots instead but I prefered Muffle there.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Good job Adam, the only other thing I'd add is that if you aren't using Conjuration, Quick Reflexes, Steady Hand, or Shadow Warrior (haha lots of limitations here) you can also use the Atronach stone for 50% absorb magicka.

You can also change your race to Breton, Nord or Dunmer for a head start magic resist, but I don't know if that's an option for you.

ShadowGambit

Alteration Tree has +30% Magic Resistance

Note: Magic resistance is capped at 85%. Same for Fire/frost/shock resistance.

But here is the trick: Magic resistance is considered FIRST. Then Fire/Frost/Shock.

That means that, assuming that you have 85% of magic resistance and 85% resist fire:

If your are the target of a fireball, first you Magic resistance will decrease the damage to 15%

THEN your fire resistance will take away 85% OF THE 15% REMAINING. So you will take only 2,25% of the total damage of the fireball.

I would go all the way for 85% Magic resist. Then I would take a shield and the Elemental Resistance from the block tree (50% resist to all 3 elements).

With those 2 alone, you take only 7.5% of magical damage of the 3 types.

I would usually stop there because 7.5%, I can take.

If you want to go the extra mile, I would add 35% resist fire and 35% resist frost. Those 2 are the most common damage base element used by NPC. Shock is pretty rare.

Note that is not possible to get the damage reduce to 0 from resist alone.

You will need Ward or Spellbreaker for that. Spellbreaker FTW though.

And Spellbreaker being a heavy shield, but still a shield, it doesn't affects Custom Fit or Matching Set perk in the Light Armor Tree.

XELI

First of all thank u guys for your answers.....
i'm using glass armor and i got a 2 handed daedric weapon.My 1handed stats are 100....
so i use that.I'm gonna make a glass armor with magic resistance and add maybe a necklace
or ring on fire or frost.I also use rings and necklaces but i got health and fortify 2 handed attacks on those
to make my weapon as great as i can.

Can u guys suggest what parts of magic/fire/frost to use on a Glass armor?

ShadowGambit

Resist Fire/Frost/Shock can only be added to boots, ring, amulet and shield.

If you are not using a shield, then you are already missing a potential spot for resists.

So technically, for a glass armor part, you can ONLY put it on boots. I would say boots +Fire resist and + Frost Resist

Also note that Magic resist can only be put on 3 parts : Shield, Amulet and ring.

That why, even as an Sneaky Archer with armor already capped that kills 95% of the time with my bow, I ALWAYS carry around a shield. Just for those tricky situations where full resist would be a life saver.

I usually carry Spellbreaker though. With Resist Magic at 85% and the Elemental Protection Perk , Fire/Frost/Shock magical damage would NEVER exceed 50pts anyway.

Xerkos333

If you really want to (and if you have the time), boost your enchanting to 100, max the perk Enchanter, Insightful Enchanter, Corpus Enchanter and last Twin souls, then just enchant your armour to resist magic. If you also use the method where you max alchemy, then make a potion to improve enchanting (and use), you can increase the resistance to crazy levels. You could even add fortify light armour so that you take less damge from physical attacks.

Only use that method if you have the time. I believe you can continue the Alchemy/Enchant stack only 2 times though.

ShadowGambit

Twin souls is in Conjuration.

Extra Effects is the name of the perk for Enchantment.

If you are a Breton, it will give you 25% magic resist.

Now, if you take Agent of Mara, you have 15% Resist Magic.

You can choose the Lord stone that can give you another 25% magic Resist.

In Alteration, you can takes the perks Called Magic Resistance 2/3 if you are a Breton, 3/3 otherwise. That will add another 20%/30% to it.

If you are a Breton, you reached the cap. If you are not, you just need a 10% resist magic enchantment.

Sorry if it's a bit of a repeat of what Adam said...

Jaeger

A certain Daedric Artifact quest will reward you with the Spellbreaker Shield which stops 50 points of all Magic attacks when blocking.

And, it's a Ward, so if you have that perk Ward Absorb, you replenish your magic.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts