What is going to happen to us console players when Online comes out?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rodrrrigo

Khajiit shadow walker
Are we gonna go extinct? are we going to be in skyrim forever? are we gonna quit to 1st person shooters? omg im scared

Sean

lost somewhere
Nothing, at least in regards to a TESVI, but if Zenimax Media sees that ESO is far more profitable then TES, then I expect them to start changing the direction of Bethesda, despite Zenimax Online being the company that is working on ESO.

So far, I haven't seen a single game that had an MMO exist in its series while the single player version was continued.

ShangTsung

we're gonna be screwed... stupid ass online multiplayer ruins everything gaming related.. all we have left right now is skyrim, and dishonored.. once thats gone i'll have no reason to game anymore.. :sadface:

Rodrrrigo

Khajiit shadow walker
we're gonna be screwed... stupid ass online multiplayer ruins everything gaming related.. all we have left right now is skyrim, and dishonored.. once thats gone i'll have no reason to game anymore.. :sadface:
i know that feel, i wish they could do it for consoles. who knows? maybe they release a online mode for skyrim in a DLC.

Sean

lost somewhere
i know that feel, i wish they could do it for consoles. who knows? maybe they release a online mode for skyrim in a DLC.

That wouldn't work with Skyrim, they would have to get it set up within a new game, but I would rather see the resources spent on other aspects of the game.

As much as I think even just playing the game co-op would be a lot of fun, I think Bethesda cuts too many corners as it is.

-------
Also, I don't think the current gen consoles could support the modified Gamebryo engine that Skyrim uses, maybe on the next consoles

Wouldn't work too well. Either Bethesda's TES dies, or ESO dies. And if ESO dies, then we are likely to see more of their single-player TES games. If TES dies, well it's updates for ESO that we will see.

Rodrrrigo

Khajiit shadow walker
they should at least give skyrim a VS battle online mode or something rofl.

Sean

lost somewhere
Wait, did I miss something? Is TES Online the last TES game, or....? I don't quite get the fuss.

No, isn't the last, but no single player game has ever survived while another game in its series is an MMO.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
Um I think everyone is overreacting maybe. If I'm correct it is a completely different company that will handle/update ESO. The TES are a lot more profitable I believe. PS I believe Bethesda likes to write lore and elder scrolls has a lot of history. They won't trash all the future lore to be stuck in time in the second era.

Jarrad

Its quite sad truley, the online multiplayer thing has gotten so big that companies focus almost soley on games for that purpose. I cant see TESO being a flop, and with the money that will generate it'd be foolish not to milk it for everything its worth which means not much if any content released for console due to focus of resources.
God I hope that Bethesda doesnt go the way of EA and only make games with online play being the sole focus.

I appoligise for the semi-rant

ShangTsung

Its quite sad truley, the online multiplayer thing has gotten so big that companies focus almost soley on games for that purpose. I cant see TESO being a flop, and with the money that will generate it'd be foolish not to milk it for everything its worth which means not much if any content released for console due to focus of resources.
God I hope that Bethesda doesnt go the way of EA and only make games with online play being the sole focus.

I appoligise for the semi-rant
a shame indeed.. online mp is the absolute worst thing to happen to videogames since dlc.. every damn game released now is barely 2 hours long thanks to that annoying ass online crap hogging all the data, it pisses me off cause i feel like something i've enjoyed doing since i was a kid is being robbed from me.

Rodrrrigo

Khajiit shadow walker
dont think bethesda will go EA style releasing rows of online games. they can only put mmo's in PC's, and thats wasting all the money from the consoles. If they dont do MMOs, what will they do? TES based fps? lmao

ShangTsung

dont think bethesda will go EA style releasing rows of online games. they can only put mmo's in PC's, and thats wasting all the money from the consoles. If they dont do MMOs, what will they do? TES based fps? lmao
well the elder scrolls series is basically the only thing old school gamers like me who aren't into that repetitive online mp nonsense have left.. if they jump on the mp bandwagon i'm getting a new hobby. :rolleyes:

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Um I think everyone is overreacting maybe. If I'm correct it is a completely different company that will handle/update ESO.
This. Elder Scrolls Online is being developed and maintained by Zenimax Online Studios. The Elder Scrolls single player games will continue to be developed by Bethesda Game Studios. There's no loss in development resources for the single player game series. There's also not a lot of overlap between players who play MMOGs and those who play single player games so the fanbase for the traditional Elder Scrolls games will still be there for the series.

Smarty

Well first, If you don't know, ESO is made by a different company than Bethesda, and will impact in no way the development of the next TES.

With that being said. Yes you are freaking screwed. That's what you get for buying a console. If I can assume you are typing this on a pc you own, then in my opinion, you also clearly lack judgment. A gaming pc is cheaper than a console plus a pc. Don't bother arguing, I've already made my point. There's nothing you can do about it, except swallow up your pride a buy a gaming pc.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
my opinion is that TES will survive due to the fact that it has so much history and profit capabilities, whereas ESO wil be new and OBVIOUSLY cost bethesda a lot of dedicated players which in turn means they will lose alot of fanbase/profit, i mean sure ESO may have updates and newer players but lets face it, if even 50% of TES players stop playing because ESO then that means ESO will have a 50/50 ratio of new players with more flooding in over the years, they will lose alot of history and backstory and with no way to re introduce it and all the veteran players gone the actual TES lore itself will die out, but thats my viewpoint, i may be wrong.

ShangTsung

Well first, If you don't know, ESO is made by a different company than Bethesda, and will impact in no way the development of the next TES.

With that being said. Yes you are freaking screwed. That's what you get for buying a console. If I can assume you are typing this on a pc you own, then in my opinion, you also clearly lack judgment. A gaming pc is cheaper than a console plus a pc. Don't bother arguing, I've already made my point. There's nothing you can do about it, except swallow up your pride a buy a gaming pc.
omg can you pc fanboys just take a break from console bashing for one day? this isn't a console vs pc thread.. why don't you take that billion dollar gaming computer and shove it up your rich arrogant ass! :rolleyes:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts