What happened to my wife?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Allenfourlife

I was out doing missions and what not, and came home to return my loot, and found that my wife was not there. She was just gone! It’s Sylgja. She’s just gone. I don’t know what to do! Someone help me!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
It hurts when a woman runs off like that doesn't it, breaking your heart like that. Don't worry plenty of NPC's in the sea.

Hm could be a minor glitch, have you tried waiting or fast traveling back and forth to see? Sometimes they will reappear, if she doesn't reappear then I don't know.

Allenfourlife

It does, it hurts very much, I tried to interrogate Lydia. Thinking maybe she got jealous and dragged her out to the lake, but she had nothing. She's just that poor girl from the mine who broke her leg apparently. I guess she can walk now. Maybe she got mad because I wasn't around enough? Who knows. I tried everything. I wasn't going to go back and redo everything. But, I can't divorce her not knowing her whereabouts! I don't have console commands, so I can't figure it out like the rest of you lucky bastards. I don't know. Any other suggestions?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Alteration spell, you can get it for free after the quest at Treva's Watch.

Or buy it from College of Winterhold, Tolfdir

Allenfourlife

Do you guys think it might've been the Dark Brotherhood mission. Cause, I thought maybe sleeping in the master bedroom might do something, but instead I woke up in the Abandoned Shack. Then afterwards, I tried sleeping, and I don't even get a rested bonus.

MrDSL

Do you guys think it might've been the Dark Brotherhood mission. Cause, I thought maybe sleeping in the master bedroom might do something, but instead I woke up in the Abandoned Shack. Then afterwards, I tried sleeping, and I don't even get a rested bonus.

Have you got a ransom note? Maybe she's been kidnapped?

I know the dark assassins quest begins by sleeping and waking up in the abandoned house.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
She is probably somewhere, they don't just stay in the kitchen you know even though that goes against all male lore. Nah I kid.

But more than likely she is around, if you still haven't found her then I'll have to ask you;

Did you kill your wife with an axe because she complained you were out all the time and you forgot her birthday but also forgot to buy supplies for Falkreath, then she asked you to take the bins out and you made the mistake of sighing and she picked up on it and yelled at you so you threw at axe at her, fearing to be caught you hid her body then logged on these forums to say she is missing to make it seem you're worried and innocent but really you killed her and dumped her body in the lake where you knew slaughter fish would remove evidence.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
She's probably not there but have you tried looking for her in her old house at Shor's Stone?

Maybe she's visiting her mom and dad at Darkwater Crossing. :p

Necaradan666

Did you kill a bandit outside your home when you arrived there? She may have been kidnapped and you didn't speak to the bandit that gives you the ransom note.

Allenfourlife

Well, I found her. It may have been the dark brotherhood mission when I'm kidnapped. But, it came to my attention that I didn't adoptt children yet, so I decided to go with my two same previous options, Blaise, and Runa. I went back to the house, and she was in the back between the wall and the table in the middle of the room. She said, come on let's get out of here, and something else as if she comitted as erious crime and assumed everything would've been all fine and dandy. Anyway, thanks for you all your help, and input. This game just has too many god damned glitches, and plops!