What do you think would improve skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jaeger

Mount & Blade was a game that fit on a floppy disc and yet it had horseback fighting. Why doesn't Skyrim? In fact, the entire horse mechanic could be changed. Why can't I have saddlebags with permanent storage? This way, I don't have to have a follower be a pack mule ... I can have an actual pack mule. And why can't I shoot my bow from horseback? Or swing a mace? Or just run someone over?

And different horse personalities...warhorses that will attack dragons to nellies that buck at an attacking skeever and flees like the wind. A whistling command to call them. Magic spells to call them from longer distances. Tie them to things.

Jaeger

mods fix almost everything wrong with the game. that said I would love the giant houses that are created by mods to be in the game purchasable 100K or so plus another 100K in upgrades. also I am a bad man I kill at the drop of a hate there should be an air of danger about me (think clint eastwood in high plains drifter). people should be nice to me out of fear.... also a fight to the death in a ring for money should be avaliable with a betting system on such fights.

Death ring - definitely see that in Riften and Markarth. With all the Impies in Solitude...gladiators...?

BSE

Death ring - definitely see that in Riften and Markarth. With all the Impies in Solitude...gladiators...?
Depends on what kind of arena youre looking for. You could have a nice Roman Coliseum type arena in Solitude (the nice looking city), but then have more of a Capua type arena (or even "the pits" from the same show) in Windhelm (the crappy and desolate city).

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
The ability to branch the Brotherhood out to other cities, much like we do with the Thieve's Guild.
The ability to adopt a kid from the Riften Orphanage.
The ability to order a Housecarl to move to a different house - if I'm with one particular Housecarl, it gets on my nerves when they move to a house I don't live in.
The ability to join the guards in a certain city.
The ability to rename weapons from your inventory without having to Enchant them.
Changing clothes while out of sight of a pursuing guards should make them lose you, so thy don't recognise you anymore - however, you have to avoid the guards until you get out of the city, if they see you for too long afterward, they'll pursue you again.
The ability to always surrender to guards. I don't like it when my only choice is run or die.
A portable bed roll so that I can rest in the middle of the forest.

Balerion Blackdread

Eater of Worlds and Pie
For my brethren:
1. Scaling armor rating for Dragons.
2. Scaling magic resistance for Dragons
3. Scaling variety and strength of Shouts for Dragons
4. 100% Resist to Impact perk for Dragons

For the walkers:
1. Unarmed skill and perk tree
2. Polearms skill and perk tree
3. Horseback Melee Combat skill and perk tree
4. Horseback Ranged Combat skill and perk tree

For existing game mechanics:
1. Five point limit on the number of skill points one can gain per level for each of Alchemy skill, Smithing skill and Enchanting skill
2. Insanity difficulty setting (incoming damage either tripled or quadrupled and damage delivered reduced by either two thirds or 75%)
3. Stamina reduced by 10% for each day not rested.
4. Stamina regeneration reduced by 50% and Magicka regeneration reduced by 25% when not rested for 24 hours. No Stamina regeneration and Magicka regeneration reduced by 50% when not rested for 48 hours.
5. Health reduced by 10% for each day not eating.
6. Health regeneration reduced by 50% and Magicka regeneration reduced by 25% if nothing eaten in 24 hours. No Health regeneration and Magicka regeneration reduced by 50% if nothing eaten for 48 hours.

Vandal

More unique weapons and armor would be lovely, hate that I can just craft the best of everything. Alot of the fun in exploring dungeons is removed when I know that I won't find any cool treasures.

Golgo_SPB

Also, there should be a rebuild Helgen quest. Choose where shops go, etc.
And there should be a College of Winterhold quest that involves helping the locals out and rebuilding the town. Ya know put the members magical talents to use. Phinis Gestor uses zombies for labor to build some houses lol.

The dragonborn should be voice acted. Other than Bethesda, I'm basically done with the silent protagonist.

I would like to see the ability to use any spell you have found/learned, regardless of your ability level. The down side is that , if you try to use a high level spell while you are still a novice, it may fizzle completely, or backfire in possibly dangerous (even random) ways.

I would like to be able to remove unwanted quests from the list. Many appear automatically following some action, and you have no say in whether you are interested in the quest or not.
Remove extra quest items: I have two red eagle swords and two orbs of something. I recognize that quest items cannot be dropped, but it seems silly i should have to carry two of them.

mods fix almost everything wrong with the game. that said I would love the giant houses that are created by mods to be in the game purchasable 100K or so plus another 100K in upgrades. also I am a bad man I kill at the drop of a hate there should be an air of danger about me (think clint eastwood in high plains drifter). people should be nice to me out of fear.... also a fight to the death in a ring for money should be avaliable with a betting system on such fights.

More fun to be like Robert Redford in Butch Cassidy: you seem wimpy to bullies and then, at the right psychological moment, you are revealed to be the the biggest bad-ass around.

For the real hard-core players: a non-revokable option to play with death as final. Your character dies, you have to start a new game.

Evina

The ability of getting really drunk, and doing crazy drunk stuff.

The horse wants some fixes that have been mentioned. You should be able to engage in conversation from your horse, draw your weapons and engage in combat. I accept that you might not be able to cast spells mounted on a horse, but the rest of it seems so obvious. And a whistle command to bring the horse to you, yes. And you should be able to acquire horses for followers so your whole squad is mounted and I'm not left waiting for Lydia to catch up all the time (at least back when I even bothered with the horse).

Someone mentioned fishing... there's no fishing pole or any kind of river's edge fishing mechanic, but you can wade into a river with fish jumping and catch them by hand, just like you might harvest a butterfly or lightning bug out in the wilds.

Ironclad

Some seriously hard to beat bosses, one's that require more than sneak-archery kills or blind tanking. Say, involving multi-magics to back up a private army like The Blades. After all, I spent enough damned time building up their ranks.
As for the OPs opening line about enemies surrendering.. they do. "I cannot best you. Ahhhg, I yield! I yield!"

ATL1EN

only thing this game lacks is a multiplayer. i think it should be an MMO. PvP would be pretty tight.