What Do You Hate About Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

What about when you're picking ingredients, and you have to aim the cross hairs at EXACTLY THE RIGHT PART OF THE F#CKING PLANT TO HARVEST IT :mad::mad::mad:

Even when you go to pick juniper berries from those big trees they grow on, you have to aim at the trunk, you can't just snatch them from the branches. I grow creep clusters in my greenhouse, and Divines forbid that I try to pick them by aiming at the soil instead of an actual tendril FFS. Honestly, I love alchemy and the abundant flora and fauna that we get in this game, but why have they made the targeting so particular on these items? It's not like I have to aim at a person's lips when I talk to them, or aim at the door handle to open a door now is it? o_O When I interact with a blacksmith's forge or smelter it doesn't give a sh!t what part I click on, but for catching insects and picking mushrooms, you need a bloody microscope and tweezers to pluck them into your inventory.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
what about when you harvest an entire plant and get one flower?

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
What about when you're picking ingredients, and you have to aim the cross hairs at EXACTLY THE RIGHT PART OF THE F#CKING PLANT TO HARVEST IT :mad::mad::mad:

Even when you go to pick juniper berries from those big trees they grow on, you have to aim at the trunk, you can't just snatch them from the branches. I grow creep clusters in my greenhouse, and Divines forbid that I try to pick them by aiming at the soil instead of an actual tendril FFS. Honestly, I love alchemy and the abundant flora and fauna that we get in this game, but why have they made the targeting so particular on these items? It's not like I have to aim at a person's lips when I talk to them, or aim at the door handle to open a door now is it? o_O When I interact with a blacksmith's forge or smelter it doesn't give a sh!t what part I click on, but for catching insects and picking mushrooms, you need a bloody microscope and tweezers to pluck them into your inventory.

what about when you harvest an entire plant and get one flower?

You both make very valid points, and I've always wondered this. Also, in Oblivion, there was always the chance of not harvesting it and I always was like, "THERE IS AN ENTIRE PLANT HERE, WHY CAN'T I GET ONE USEFUL FLOWER?" Although I kinda liked that system.

You know what plant really sucks to harvest? Glowing Mushrooms. I waste so much time of my cave delving just trying to pick the damn things. In fact, all mushrooms are irresistible for me, so I ALWAYS waste time on those. Some insects are harder to catch than others for me; I can catch bees really easily, but takes me much longer to snatch a Luna Moth. It really depends, but I do hate the ULTRA-precision method you have to use for harvesting. :sadface:

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
What I hate:

I hate how I need so much freaking ore to make Dragon armors and weapons. When I read the list of needed materials, I'm like: "Okay, Dragon Bone... 5 Dragon Scales... this ore, this ore, this ore, and oh wait, a boatload of leather." I wish I could just toss on some dragon bones and call it a day.

I hate how Enchanting is slightly underpowered, especially for beginners, because enchantments barely make any effect until you get higher in the skill. At least with Alchemy, you can still make some pretty good potions even at a low skill level.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Wow, this is a tougher question to answer than I thought it would be.

I'd have to say that my arrows seem to cease to exist after about a 100 yards or so. I get better distance with my Walmart bow. Ok, I don't really have a Walmart bow... I've never shot an arrow in my life (yet). But it still sucks that I can't land an arrow and get lucky from long distance once in a while.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Control delay on hot keys, i hate that plops! omg it is INFURIATING!! You'll be in the middle of an intense battle, go to change weapons but when u bring up your favs the damn cursor won't move! And now u gotta wait 15 to 20 seconds for the fukin controls to kick in so u can move the damn thing and select your item, why the hell does this happen??? It also occurs sometimes on the pause and character menu, of all the annoyances i wish they would patch, this one is at the top of the list! It makes me wanna throw my controller across the room! :mad:

Tzipora

>The fact that you can't marry Hadvar, even after escaping a dragon together, fighting a war alongside him, and meeting the family.

>No fighting arena

>Bugs

>How the quests seem repetitive.

>And bugs.

However, I really love the game.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I have to say that if my Bosmer could find a suitable Bosmer mate then I would be incredibly happy

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

Glowing mushrooms are the worst to harvest when it comes to that glitch, it can take forever to position the camera in the right angle to let u collect it, so much that i don't even bother trying to harvest it and just buy the ingredient. This is another issue that badly needed a patch.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
That stupid fukin dumbass annoying false kill cinematic sequence! You'll be fighting away with destruction spells then all a sudden u get what u think is a cinematic kill but instead they survive and all it does is freeze your character in place momentarily giving the enemy a cheap shot! I have actually been killed from this glitch numerous times when playing a mage, it is absolutely infuriating! It literally gives enemies the ability to cheat sometimes! The fact that bethesda still hasn't patched this makes me wonder if they did it on purpose. -_-

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
That stupid fukin dumbass annoying false kill cinematic sequence! You'll be fighting away with destruction spells then all a sudden u get what u think is a cinematic kill but instead they survive and all it does is freeze your character in place momentarily giving the enemy a cheap shot! I have actually been killed from this glitch numerous times when playing a mage, it is absolutely infuriating! It literally gives enemies the ability to cheat sometimes! The fact that bethesda still hasn't patched this makes me wonder if they did it on purpose. -_-

This happens to me a lot when I am using my Bosmer archer....you see the cinematic and then the arrow hits the tree beside them?

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

This happens to me a lot when I am using my Bosmer archer....you see the cinematic and then the arrow hits the tree beside them?
Yea i've had that happen too, or a bear will run up on me, i'll quick fire an arrow which activates the cinematic but the bear moves left or right at the last second dodging it and since i'm now froze in place and bears have an extremely powerful charge attack on master diff i get killed instantly all because of that stupid cinematic sequence, it is rage inducing!! :mad:

Benthos

Proud Mer
I hate how they started to touch up on something but kinda just left it at that, such as the RP elements in Windhelm for a prime example, if you go there as a Dunmer, you're not really treated any differently, I understand let any race go through the game and enjoy it but to be honest, that's what I liked about RPG was that you could try to play as a certain race but then suddenly find yourself at odds with a race's weaknesses socially as well as in combat. A Khajiit would be unwelcome in towns but because you're the dragonborn, you HAVE to be let in, they could at least have people who haven't heard of you give you a tongue lashing as well as threatening your life until they're corrected by the city guard as to why you're within city walls. Same as for the Argonians in Windhelm, they're not exactly welcomed in that particular city either. There could've been so much more but they kinda leave it at where it is for the most part, I enjoy the added content given by the DLCs but there again, could be so much more even within the DLCs.

sticky runes

I hate how they started to touch up on something but kinda just left it at that, such as the RP elements in Windhelm for a prime example, if you go there as a Dunmer, you're not really treated any differently, I understand let any race go through the game and enjoy it but to be honest, that's what I liked about RPG was that you could try to play as a certain race but then suddenly find yourself at odds with a race's weaknesses socially as well as in combat. A Khajiit would be unwelcome in towns but because you're the dragonborn, you HAVE to be let in, they could at least have people who haven't heard of you give you a tongue lashing as well as threatening your life until they're corrected by the city guard as to why you're within city walls. Same as for the Argonians in Windhelm, they're not exactly welcomed in that particular city either. There could've been so much more but they kinda leave it at where it is for the most part, I enjoy the added content given by the DLCs but there again, could be so much more even within the DLCs.

I've recently been playing my first orc character, and nothing special happened when I visited my first orc stronghold, I just got one of the orcs telling me to speak with the chief or wisewoman to "remember" my past - basically an excuse for them to give me the same dialogue as when I played any other race. There really should be more exclusive content for when you're playing different races. Enter Windhelm as a member of any race, and you still have the option to support the Nord superiority comments.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
^^ This is exactly what I think about dynamics in the game. Such as if I am an Argonian or Dunmer in Windhelm, or a Khajiit anywhere. The NPC should insult me if they hate my kind shouldn't they....such as that Imperial Captain that calls me a "Lizard"...I'm like to think Alduin devoured her as an appetizer for his main course of the world