What difficulty do you play on?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
I tend to play on Adept, but only because I role-play / slow-play most of my characters, therefore they are never over powered, and I feel no need to play on the highest difficulty. I would rather focus on my character and roleplaying whoever they are than dealing with playing on legendary with a (relatively) weaker character.

Plus, Adept offers the most realism. I can comfortably kill my enemies, but there are many things that are very hazardous to my character. It's a balanced system, which is what I am aiming for whilst roleplaying.

I do have one god character, and with him I do play on Master or Legendary, just because he is too damn powerful and he needs some kind of a challenge.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
To be honest, I suck at video games. I play Witcher 2 on the lowest difficulty and I die so many times.

But mages are so overpowered in Skyrim (the way it should be if you put your perks right) that I can play on Legendary and go dozens of hours without dying.

To answer the thread: I play on Master most of the time. It's somewhat of a challenge but I can stroll the roads of Skyrim and relax.

Ok, who is the Priestess of Dibella in your sig line? Good lord she is smoking hot......;)

Joker

I play on whatever level I started on, Apprentice I believe. I have only just begun playing this game, and when I tried the default, I got smoked so many times I almost quit altogether. So, I went down one level, and I am learning this game. I am not like berzum, who broke the game in 10 minutes.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
On my first character I started on adept, then moved up to expert, then master, and finally incorporated a mod to push the difficulty even higher. Ultimately even that felt too easy, so I created another toon as soon as I was finished with the main story. This time I'm starting on expert, moving up to master once there is even the slightest hint of lacking challenge, and once that becomes too easy, out comes the custom difficulty mod.
Okay. You are a monster! I can barely handle novice/adept! Harder than Expert? Yikes! You have my admiration.

Daelon DuLac

first day the game cameout, i played on master for my first play through...since the update my new characters play on legendary...quite easy
For you maybe! But you're hardcore and obviously very, very good. I'll probably give Master a try, but I'm trying to make it through my first game now so I'm keeping the difficulty down. Once I know the storylines and have some idea what I'm doing I'll up it.

Daelon DuLac

Usually expert, When I get bored I occasionally up it but I usually just strip naked and box bears you know even the odds a bit, it not like he has armor.
You have got to post a picture of you boxing a bear. I would use that as a screen saver! I gotta try it. I think it would be fun to box a Troll too. At least they regenerate to some degree.

Daelon DuLac

seeing how update 1.9 is out i been playing on legendary b4 that i played on master, my motto is go big or don't go at all....why play on novice and never have to worry about dying, defeats the purpose, i play on legendary now when ever i start a new playthrough, have to say though that once u hit a certian lvl skyrim loses all challenges, my main character in now 298, he has been around since the first day skyrim dropped in stores, over 2 year, I hit 81 without doing the book glitch, lol very hard. but now at lvl 298 and everything is perked out the game has no challenge (even on legendary) i even decided to use no weapons or magic against a dragon, just my fists....well didnt work b/c i got a kill cam on the very first hit....legendary mode dragons pose no threats to me even when i have no wpns and magic....game is broke for me
I agree with you on "go big or don't go at all....why play on novice and never have to worry about dying, defeats the purpose". After all, it's not like deaths are permanent or anything (without mods). I hate dieing, but, you are right. It's been so long since I was even anywhere close to being killed that it's really lost a lot of the challenge. Maybe I'll up the difficutly tonight.

Joker

I agree with you on "go big or don't go at all....why play on novice and never have to worry about dying, defeats the purpose". After all, it's not like deaths are permanent or anything (without mods). I hate dieing, but, you are right. It's been so long since I was even anywhere close to being killed that it's really lost a lot of the challenge. Maybe I'll up the difficutly tonight.

I am waiting until I can beat the game, then up the difficulty. While it has gotten easier, there are still challenges that I haven't faced. Until I have a better feel for the game, I not going near Expert or higher. I might restart on Adept, just to see the difference before I waste 42+ hours on one character.

Daelon DuLac

I am waiting until I can beat the game, then up the difficulty. While it has gotten easier, there are still challenges that I haven't faced. Until I have a better feel for the game, I not going near Expert or higher. I might restart on Adept, just to see the difference before I waste 42+ hours on one character.
I agree. There are still some challenges, but, in general, at level 59, I'm pretty much godlike so some of the fun has gone out of it. I just want to play this one up as high as I can and with the DLCs,then I'll start over at adept. I'm thinking either a Nord Warrior/Assassin (similar to what I'm playiing now) or a female Dibella worshipping assassin/slut. We'll see.

Joker

I agree. There are still some challenges, but, in general, at level 59, I'm pretty much godlike so some of the fun has gone out of it. I just want to play this one up as high as I can and with the DLCs,then I'll start over at adept. I'm thinking either a Nord Warrior/Assassin (similar to what I'm playiing now) or a female Dibella worshipping assassin/slut. We'll see.

Wow, I must be doing something wrong, because I am only level 32..... I am not completely dominating, but it is a little easier.

So, you will become the Dibella Priestess in Pretty Vampires Signature....nice;)

Daelon DuLac

Wow, I must be doing something wrong, because I am only level 32..... I am not completely dominating, but it is a little easier.

So, you will become the Dibella Priestess in Pretty Vampires Signature....nice;)
That's the plan! Too bad the interactivity won't be there, but, hey, a boy can dream...

Daelon DuLac

That's the plan! Too bad the interactivity won't be there, but, hey, a boy can dream...
I'm thinking I'll get some of that slinky Foreswarn stuff to begin with. The Foreswarn chicks have some of the skankiest outfits I've ever seen. Very Jane Fonda in Barbarella. Since I'm on PS3 I can't really do the mods so I'll need to cobble something together. I think I'll name her Fara Shei, aka "Pretty Poison". Can't wait to write about her adventures.

mamali

adept , i don't want to bother myself with harder

Daelon DuLac

Tell me when you're going to start her up. I can actually create a character that looks like the girl in my signature.
It'll be next week (moving this weekend). I just want to play something completely outside my comfort zone. Played D&D for years and worked for the publisher for a few too, but have been out of RPG for quite a while and want to get back in to it. I'm finding that Skyrim is helping with my writing. The idea came to me as I was working on the book I just sent to my publisher and I thought this character would be a very interesting read and wanted to play her out. Will post specs when I get her set up.

Joker

I'm thinking I'll get some of that slinky Foreswarn stuff to begin with. The Foreswarn chicks have some of the skankiest outfits I've ever seen. Very Jane Fonda in Barbarella. Since I'm on PS3 I can't really do the mods so I'll need to cobble something together. I think I'll name her Fara Shei, aka "Pretty Poison". Can't wait to write about her adventures.

I agree, the Forswarn like their females scantily clad. Although I might try to find a more wicked name.

Where did you come up with Fara Shei? What language is that from?

Daelon DuLac

I agree, the Forswarn like their females scantily clad. Although I might try to find a more wicked name.

Where did you come up with Fara Shei? What language is that from?
I don't actually know. There's a character I met in Skyrim named Fara that was a really cute little (and very pretty) girl in one of the cities (although I think she was a dark elf) named Fara (it means "Joyful" in arabic and I'm picturing here in more of that vein in appearance) and the Shei comes from the character in Game of Thrones (one of my favorites in both the book and series). The name Shei actually means High Priest or religious leader in the Sufi tradition). I thought it would work well as my character is intended to end up leading the Dibella's.

I know the name's a little weak, but I'm using the run through to develop a character in my next book and the name fits well with my other characters already developed.

Joker

I don't actually know. There's a character I met in Skyrim named Fara that was a really cute little (and very pretty) girl in one of the cities (although I think she was a dark elf) named Fara (it means "Joyful" in arabic and I'm picturing here in more of that vein in appearance) and the Shei comes from the character in Game of Thrones (one of my favorites in both the book and series). The name Shei actually means High Priest or religious leader in the Sufi tradition). I thought it would work well as my character is intended to end up leading the Dibella's.

I know the name's a little weak, but I'm using the run through to develop a character in my next book and the name fits well with my other characters already developed.

Ahh, gotcha. I usually try to find names that would fit my characters. There is an Elf Name Generator online that has named more than elves that I have tried.

Daelon DuLac

Ahh, gotcha. I usually try to find names that would fit my characters. There is an Elf Name Generator online that has named more than elves that I have tried.
I can pretty much guarantee she won't be an elf. Probably Red Guard or possibly Nord (with dark hair) We'll see.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I can pretty much guarantee she won't be an elf. Probably Red Guard or possibly Nord (with dark hair) We'll see.

Hah, I'm actually playing a Redguard, Dibella worshiping, assassin. The slut part hasn't been added, though.

She looks sort of like Saadia, but much prettier.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts