what difficulty do you play at? (dont have to show e-peen :P)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sentinala

Premium Member
When im trying to rush through the story i usually have it on easy for fast kills - but then i miss out on xp to level and perks so i cant do all the cool things i want to.

on max it takes too long so i usually rock medium.

rittz

On my main (level 81 sneak + archery) I have the difficulty set at master. Anything less, and I insta-kill almost everything.

On everything else, I play at expert. It sometimes happens, though, that I end up in fights I didn't prepare well for, and on occasion I end up lowering the difficulty just so I don't have to reload a save and lose my progress.

KritikalPT

I used to play in Adept, but after realizing how incredibly easy it was for an assassin type character, I decided to bump it to Master, which is quite a challenge, and I get to use Illusion for extra battlefield control which was completely redundant in a lower difficulty setting. So finally, I can finally have a challenge while playing an illusionist assassin and have fun at the same time, which is awesome.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
I always play on expert, the lower ones are too easy, and I haven't tried master but expert is enough of a challenge for me to keep it interesting.

mamali

adept all the time , i was half way in the game when i found out i can change difficulty !!! :p

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Master.

Though its pretty hard in the beginning levels, that point where the odds start tipping in your favor is the best feeling of accomplishment.

Hatter

The Mad Hatter
Currently on expert with my assassin,but with my warrior I played on master after lvl 10,because crafting really ruins all the difficulties below master. Heard that master gets too easy with overpowered crafted items,but I don't intend to make such things. :Dragonborn:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Master, I find it fun on my Pure Mage. Have to use wards quite a bit, thank god for Mage armour and ward absorb.

Dragon fights last quite sometime which make for epic battles, mainly shouting at each other then ward their flames/frost breath attacks, hit them with a few spells, conjure up a elemental depending what breath attack they use so I can take cover and let my magic recharge. When the dragon is slain it is a good moment, because it meant I survived another day. However if the dragon lands then runs forward to me it will instant kill me, by biting down on my head then waving me side to side then throwing me like a sack.

Saozig

Hippy
It's quite possible to craft, improve and enchant items that make the game too easy even on master setting, especially when you add in the perks and things like enchanted items for smithing and Blacksmith's Elixir when improving your armor. With my previous character I decided to see how high an armor rating I could get when her light armor, and ended up with one well over 900, not counting the ebonyflesh spell (and that character is at 95 with Alteration). Seems a bit silly, considering the base armor rating for a light Dragonskin armor suit with the shield is around 100. I'm debating how far I should go with that with my latest character. For starters, this time I'm playing without a helmet, although my character does get an enchanted hood that boosts her magicka and flesh spells, and can only use a shield in tough, close combat fights or to block arrows from a good range opponent. Otherwise she has to take the blows and keep her hand free for magic or potions. Currently, she only has the hood and a low-level enchanted ring, but I think I may limit her to just two, maybe three enchanted item for when in combat--maybe make up a "conflicting enchantment" rule for my character where if you use too many enchanted items at once, they start having negative interactions with each other, forcing you to limit how many you can use. I am considering dropping gauntlets too.

I've been toggling between adept and expert with my current character who's still below level 20. I'm shying away from master because I do not want Ancient Dragons swopping down on me before my character can handle them without a very extended fight, but expect to play at master level after a few more levels. But at these settings, she's had a couple of close calls, has intentionally avoided certain tougher opportunities for battle and once fled a wispmother that was totally kicking her ass, which certainly adds variety to the game. But I'm trying not to get her killed (or get her followers killed), although I am not committing myself to a dead-is-dead rule. There are some specific opponents and situations that are genuinely hard, and it's good that within the game you don't have to endure such difficult fights all the time. But I agree the game has a problem with keeping it challenging with all the improvements and perks available to you.

Ned

Nerevarine
I played on the default difficulty up until I started wrecking everything, then I turned it up to max.

My first and only character is a level 81, maxed skill smith, alchemist, enchanter, though, so I don't really have a choice.

I'm considering making a new character and experience the difficulty when you aren't godlike, though.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
When I test out new builds and ideas, I play on Expert because not only do I want a challenge, but I want to make sure it's viable at that high of a level. I refuse to test at Adept or any lower.:cowboy: Once I know for sure that it's fine as it is, I bump it up to Master to get the most out of game-play experience.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts