PS3 what destruction spells do you like?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
i like the spells you get early on (flames, frostbite, and shock). id rather use those than there fireball type. what's your favorite destruction spells? also, whats the max amount of damage the flames, frostbite, and shock spells can do? each of em do 10 dmg per sec right now..

Ritterkreuz

Flames, their effective on so many creatures, especially Frostbite spiders and those frost resist Nords.

Tilse

Spellsword
Pretty much anything involving fire...

JoeReese

I have really learned to dislike destruction magic, but the flames do help a lot in the beginning. I find, with fireballs and bolts, lighting bolts, ice spikes and spears, etc., that the targets move the second you release and you wind up missing. They seem to eat magicka, and I'm more warrior than mage so I don't want to do 4x pieces of destruction gear, because I lose fortify one handed and archery, fire and shock resistance, and other helpful amenities.

Honestly, at this level (67) with only a few archery perks, but with 100 smithing and dual enchanting capability, I can do one hell of a lot more damage with my bow than I can with a spell...any spell. Once I realized how destruction magic was going for me, I became more of a conjure-shield-fight kind of guy. I find the flame thrall doesn't miss as much as I do and leaves me free to fight.

llhypnotikll

Xbox Gamertag: llHyPNoTiKll
since i have a follower that takes point.. i like to use frost magic to slow my enemy done so farkas can run up and slaughter them.. but other than that i like to use Chain Lightning so i can attack every enemy. Cant go wrong there ;)

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
i find sparks by far the best they look amazing they do great against pretty much all enemys and you feel the power bursting from your hands

Flames kill quick if you pulse them rather than holding them down, because the "On Fire" status biffs stack quickly. Try alternating with it in each hand, and see how fast you can burn down certain NPCs.

For Impact, nothing beats Ice Storm. If you kite them into a line, you can stunlock an army, and they're even slowed when they're not getting hit by the waves of damage.

My favorites? "Wall" spells, not sure why they're called that, but 20 seconds of high DOT, and you don't have to hold them down, neither. All you really have to do is make sure they stay in the AoE, but backing a DP into a corner, you can burn him down quick with an inferno under him. Wall of Frost drains Stamina, so Dragons can't take back off, even Frosties, so it just takes longer to kill them. You got two hands, so you can hose them down with Lightning in the other, none of them are resistant to that. And finally, you can flame road Giants, and the like, by kiting them around, while casting WoF at your feet. I ran circles around Warlord Gathrik (To get that axe of Firey Souls to disenchant) and he followed me through the ring of fire until he burned up. Twice.

For anti-wizard, Thunderbolt. Don't dual cast, but charge up one, and then the other while letting loose the first to shatter their Ward. That stuns them anyway, so don't waste your Magicka on Impact. If the second ZOT! doesn't kill them, they won't have much to retaliate with, and will probably have to pull a dagger to charge you. Once you dial in the muscle memory to half-stack them, you can rapid fire alternating hands, with firebolts on up to Tbolts, all while running faster than they can in their heavy Armor, and weapons. Especially an Altmer, this is as close to Run&Gun as you can get in the game. (I originally started Half Stacking Magsecs in Perfect Dark.) By circle straffing with Fireball, you can pretty much carpet bomb them without hope of them catching up. Destruction is only weak if you don't know how to use it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts