• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lilal

I have already leveled wood elf archer type, and things seem to be going well. Like the range aspect of it. But I was thinking if I was going to go close melee type aka: Big 2 hander heavy armor, or fast sneaking light armor. How is the fighting with the close up types against things like the dragons and whatnot.

I'm just worried i'm going to get my butt kicked going with melee combat.

Any suggestions?

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Light Armour toe-to-toe is suicide on Master level setting without a shield. I would strongly advice against it and just go Heavy Armour.

I'm currently playig a dual-wield Nord with heavy armour on Master. Without the armour I would be flattened by most things, as it stand right now with my enchants and crafting on my weapons, I can kill most things with only a couple of hits. If I had a two-hander I may find that I am getting hit a little more due to the slowness of the weapon and the fact I may not be able to kill as quick.

Onyx

Melee can be a challenge but I have just switch from 1H wep to dual wielding (I am lvl 19 with Heavy armor 50) and it is going well against most enemies. Some are still hard though so I use ranged against them (spells in this case).

For melee I think H.armor is best based on my experience but would be interesting to see how duel wielding in light armor pans out (think my next char will be a duel wielding Argonian assasin so will find out :) )

Onyx

My next play through would probably be an Orc Juggernaut, heavy armor, shield, restoration and alteration.
Sounds cool. Not sure what I think about restoration though. In the middle of a fight means you have to sacrifice your shield or 1h wep which to me does not sounds that great. I was thinking of going alchemey instead of resturation for my Sword and Shield char as health potions are instantaneos and allow me to continue to fight.

That being said not much experience with restoration so might be I am missing something (which is not hard!)

Tusck

The ward spells in restoration that increase your armor rating and absorb spell damage would be worth it I think. Also the undead damage and fears would be nice considering how much you are fighting them. Just my opinion but I think resto has some nice bonuses to a heavy armor fighter.

Onyx

The ward spells in restoration that increase your armor rating and absorb spell damage would be worth it I think. Also the undead damage and fears would be nice considering how much you are fighting them. Just my opinion but I think resto has some nice bonuses to a heavy armor fighter.
Does restoration increase armor? I thought that was Alteration? I have not dabbled in those schools on my current char so have no experience with them.

I do enjoy that there are so many ways to play to game and so many playstyles that a viable.