What character in Skyrim do you have genuine respect for?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Jarl Elisif, Legate Rikke, Mjoll the Lioness, Sapphire, Cicero, and Emperor Titus Mede II.

ShadowGambit

Jarl Balgruff.

He truly cares for his people. He wants the best for them, even if it is somehow risking his position for what he stands for.

How a leader/politician (even if he doesn't like to get involve in politics) should be.

It disappoints me that there was never a point when a main character sacrificed him or herself to save someone else. Storytelling is not this game's strong suit, the NPCs lifeless and dull. I have trouble respecting something so insignificant. Sure, I respect the cells that make my body work and keep me alive, but Skyrim's characters are walking, talking maniquines.

EDIT: Oh come on, that was hardly a rant.

Not a proper named NPC, but I admire the Old Orcs on the side of the road looking for death. The dialogue stating that they dont want to cling to life until theyve grown old and feeble ( as Men do) is great! These guys are humility, bravery , and selflessness personified.

Adrienne Avenicci.

But to anyone who has any respect for Ulfric, read his Thalmor dossier and also the Bear of Markarth. You will find him as cowardly and without honor as much as I do.

Im disappointed that you pre-emptively diminished anybody's choice should it be Ulfric. Seems unlike what youve posted in the past. I've read alot of your other replies/ threads and thought they were pretty thoughtful, objective, and creative. Adrienne Avenicci is a good pick though.

DarkEastwood

Not a proper named NPC, but I admire the Old Orcs on the side of the road looking for death. The dialogue stating that they dont want to cling to life until theyve grown old and feeble ( as Men do) is great! These guys are humility, bravery , and selflessness personified.

Im disappointed that you pre-emptively diminished anybody's choice should it be Ulfric. Seems unlike what youve posted in the past. I've read alot of your other replies/ threads and thought they were pretty thoughtful, objective, and creative. Adrienne Avenicci is a good pick though.

I was just telling anybody who did look up to him, to be directed to these certain books and sources. Just my way of trying to change their mind :p Not going to say 'You guys are stupid' with nothing behind what I'm saying :D Sorry if I came off condescending.

Rekamennos

Account closed
I was just telling anybody who did look up to him, to be directed to these certain books and sources. Just my way of trying to change their mind :p Not going to say 'You guys are stupid' with nothing behind what I'm saying :D Sorry if I came off condescending.
I had no feeling of you coming off as condescending at all. ^^

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Paarthurnax. His quote "What is better; to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" is just too amazing and full of wisdom I can't but have respect for him. He's become my favorite. I refused to kill him when the Blades told me too.

There isn't anyone else, really...Oh, maybe—if I'm remembering correctly—Savos Aren and Mirabelle Ervine.

MoleRat

Got it goin' on.
Hmm...Tolfdir,Karliah,Gallus,Nazir and Kodlak White-Mane....I could give reasons but it'd make this a very long post.

DarkEastwood

Regarding Paarthurnax, I would respect him more if I saw the result of his actions in the next Elder Scrolls. I admit, he is full of wisdom and all of everything good. But there are a two things about him that bug me:

- If he was waiting at the Throat of the World for Alduins return so he could stop him, why didn't he?
- I can see any dragon (including Parthy) with any decent right of mind, getting rid of Alduin and become the new leader of the dragons, or next 'World Eater' as they say. And for those who say, 'why doesn't he attack you after you kill Alduin?', you make a valid point. But then think of this: the Dragonborn seems to be the man when it comes to stopping dragons. So he just needs to outlive the Dragonborn, then begin his attack. If it's canon that he lives peacefully and all that stuff, I'd have respect for him. But I also wouldn't be super surprised if t some point he betrayed the Nords.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Isn't it canon that he lives peacefully? :confused: I haven't seen him act evil yet, and I've been searching it up too...

He was willing to die by your hands for what the Blades said to do and he didn't act up to kill you. So I doubt he'd become evil again or wasn't serious in his change.

DarkEastwood

Well that's also in the same short time period that he helped you defeat Alduin. So as of now, no canon sources can strongly represent whether his intentions are true or not. I'm not saying I hate him, or that I respect him. I'm saying only time will tell. He's definetly wise enough to fool even the Dragonborn.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
But the source is canon either way. Saying something could happen doesn't mean it will happen. Only time can tell if he will switch. However, as of now, it is canon that he is officially the "good guy". :)

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
I have had a lot of respect for Jarl Bulgruuf. He definitly does what's best for his people, and it shows because Whiterun is one of the wealthiest holds in Skyrim. Which is why I hated it when I had to storm his city with the other stormcloaks, but during that time he got out his sword and started attacking me and Galmar, which only made me respect him more.

And as a loyal companion I have a lot of respect for Kodlak Whitemane, and also the Greymane family, who unlike the battleborns, didn't want to let money get in the way of honor.

A minor character who I have a lot of respect for is the great war veteran who wanders Windhelm sticking up for the Dunmer. One of the few nords in the city who actually has time for them.

And dear old Parthenaax. Of course. As if I could kill him. Dumb Blades.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
A minor character who I have a lot of respect for is the great war veteran who wanders Windhelm sticking up for the Dunmer. One of the few nords in the city who actually has time for them./quote]
Can't believe I forgot about him but yes, Brunwulf Free-Winter is one of my favorite NPCs.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Thanks Samgurl, I couldn't remember his name.

Orange_

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Watch the magic!
Nazeem.

Haha he calls it like he sees it. Not many people are going to criticize the dragonborn warrior clad in daedric armor with an arsenal of weapons and spells that could turn the city into a crater in the blink of an eye. But not Nazeem! Haha he'll criticize the guy's fashion sense? social standing? lack of geographic knowledge? of all things. I'm not even quite sure what he's criticizing, but he's darn good at it.