• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

nolandman

A ranging, spell-sword Lich
Has anyone noticed how the bolt quiver just hovers...Like fluffing 5 inches away from your waist when you're crouching. I know, I know, smallest thing in the world to complain about but it goes like this:

Like so many others I was overjoyed to hear about crossbows coming to Skyrim, and when they finally did and I shot my first vampire in the eye with one, there were stars in mine. Now by that time I hadn't noticed the infernal hovering and was happily plunging bolts into anything that would pose even the smallest threat. But after about an hour of an unbridled, crossbow gore-fest it hit; and my sense of almost indescribable ecstasy came to a crashing and unbearable halt.

The point of this thread: What's your Skyrim Shattered-Dreams moment?

osheao

i can't stand the absence of attributes and a "hardcore" mode with numerous inclusions. sleep/eat doesn't cut it.

auto-regeneration is unbelievably dumb. or, the lack of a toggle for all 3.

and, the settings/options for the h.u.d. is one of the worst i've ever seen in a rpg.

Declando

Dwarvenborn
This also got on one's tits.

The most dream shattering thing on Skyrim for me? Hmm....

Well, I know it's patched now, but the constant bounty in Markarth seriously sent me around the bend. So far around the bend, may I add, that I kept killing people there, over and over and over again. Then they patched it and I paid my 52,000 gold bounty with a wide, sociopath-like smile ;)

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Not being able to ride horses in first person. :sadface:
Before I learned console commands, finding that Lydia wasn't reacting to the Amulet of Mara. :sadface:
Discovering that I had to actually be wielding my weapon in order to use my shield. Kind of sucks when I trigger a trap and can't simply raise my shield like I could in Oblivion. :sadface:

Different games, but-
Learning that combat in Morrowind is different from Oblivion and Skyrim. :sadface:
Finding out that Imperials weren't a race in Daggerfall and Arena. :sadface:

Declando

Dwarvenborn
Not being able to ride horses in first person. :sadface:
Before I learned console commands, finding that Lydia wasn't reacting to the Amulet of Mara. :sadface:
Discovering that I had to actually be wielding my weapon in order to use my shield. Kind of sucks when I trigger a trap and can't simply raise my shield like I could in Oblivion. :sadface:

Different games, but-
Learning that combat in Morrowind is different from Oblivion and Skyrim. :sadface:
Finding out that Imperials weren't a race in Daggerfall and Arena. :sadface:

The Elder Scrolls franchise appears to be destroying your livelihood :p

My younger brother's playstyle. He plays a level 30 argonian, Nightingale armor. It looks nice on the outside. He once asked me to help him with a quest, so I accepted. I was lugging around every set of armor he ever used, from leather to elven/glass. He had at least 100 potions. More dragon bones and scales than he ever could have sold. And he later told me that he would always forget to sell stuff.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
What I really hate is when there is path going up a mountain so I take it and then end up stuck so I am a few steps from where my quest is, but I now have to go around this stupid mountain that I can't climb to get there making me take another 5-10 minutes to get there. This has probably at least taken away a day of my life.

All the quest items I have glued to my body because the quests that come with them have broken.

All the unfinished quests in my Journal that I can never finish because they have broken.

This also got on one's tits.

The most dream shattering thing on Skyrim for me? Hmm....

Well, I know it's patched now, but the constant bounty in Markarth seriously sent me around the bend. So far around the bend, may I add, that I kept killing people there, over and over and over again. Then they patched it and I paid my 52,000 gold bounty with a wide, sociopath-like smile ;)
This times a 1000

Also the glitch where I couldn't become leader of the thieves guild since I sold the Thieves Guild armor and it never gave me any other conversation options with Tonilla

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I hate it when I kill someone because I don't like them or just feel like it and find out a week after playing a ton that they were essential to a quest that I now can't finish. This happened to me when I killed Erika, a thane of Solitude, who apparently is part of a special job in Solitude for the thieves guild, so I never officially became guild master of the thieves guild!!!!!

Declando

Dwarvenborn
This times a 1000

Also the glitch where I couldn't become leader of the thieves guild since I sold the Thieves Guild armor and it never gave me any other conversation options with Tonilla

That was such a pain in the ass.

Had to retrace my steps to where I DROPPED my armour. It was in the Nightengale Hall place, ironic huh?

I hate it when I kill someone because I don't like them or just feel like it and find out a week after playing a ton that they were essential to a quest that I now can't finish. This happened to me when I killed Erika, a thane of Solitude, who apparently is part of a special job in Solitude for the thieves guild, so I never officially became guild master of the thieves guild!!!!!

Don't they just collapse, hence the title "Essential"?

nolandman

A ranging, spell-sword Lich
This times a 1000

Oh man...I just sold my Thieves Guild armor today...but I kept the hood, gauntlets, and boots...

Am I...

Screwed...?

Oh man...I just sold my Thieves Guild armor today...but I kept the hood, gauntlets, and boots...

Am I...

Screwed...?
You're fine it only glitches if you don't have any of it, later on in the questline Tonilla will ask to upgrade ur existing armor, until you do that she wont provide other dilouge options.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I hoard a lot of stuff in Skyrim, so I can't stand the fact that when I put stuff into a chest in one of my homes that it doesn't have the sub-categories such as apparel, weapon, ingredient, and so on. Instead I'm left with this unorganized mess that I never end up using because I can never find what I want.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Don't they just collapse, hence the title "Essential"?

That's what I thought too, but I guess that's just for the main quest or for people from factions or are just important in their own right.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts