What Can Survive the 30x Damage Perk?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Well, ever since I got the perk Assassin's Blade and the Brotherhood gloves, it put my sneak-attack damage with daggers up to 30x. Now, I'm only level 35 or so and I play on Expert, but so far nothing at all has been able to survive the sneak attack after just one shot, including bosses. And I mainly use the Mehrune's Razor.

So, how about you? How often can you not kill something after one shot with this?

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
Pretty much the same story here, if it's a stealth shot there isn't much that can stand it next to dragons. I have snuck up on a few and they sometimes can take it depending on the dragon type.

I decided to downgrade a lot of my equipment just to add spice back into the game, my character can be found in one of threads for characters.

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
Well if you level up some more, try it on those ancient or elder dragons.
I believe there is a video that someone did the 30x damage and killed an ancient dragon
in 1 hit.

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
I can kill them in one hit on lower difficulties and with my bow they all go down in one. I am a level 81 so maxed out. My character video explains it all.

Teritus

Well if you level up some more, try it on those ancient or elder dragons.
I believe there is a video that someone did the 30x damage and killed an ancient dragon
in 1 hit.

But it's very hard to sneak up on a dragon. Unless, maybe, you become invisible.

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
But it's very hard to sneak up on a dragon. Unless, maybe, you become invisible.
That's the video, he hits it once and the dragon's health bar goes down.
The weird thing is that the dragon does not crash land and does a finishing move even though
the dragon is practically dead.

well, if your using a REALLY crappy knife (with one damage) anything with 30+ health.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I LOVE the 30x backstab. Yes, the stronger enemies detect me much easier than the lower spec ones, but that makes it all the more satisfying taking my time to sneak up on them.

Take last night. Group of 4 leveled bandits in steel armour. Used my bow to lure them away one at a time so I could slit their throats. Was very proud once I killed number 4.

I'm only rocking dwarven daggers and I'm doing around 510 damage. Throw in dual wielded and power attack and I'm probably capable of nearly 1000 damage already. That's pretty mental at level 15.

Teritus

But can you sneak up on Dragon Priests?

Yep. I know you can sneak up on Nahkriin because his back is turned away from you, and I believe that you can on Morokei as well. But as for the others, if you go invisible and sneak up behind then you should be fine.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Ok, i always assumed invisibility wouldn’t work with them.

I still haven't run into Krosis. Might have to try that with him....

Richmipkin

Have you met maven, up in riften? Yea sure lady
It is my personal belief that.....30x perk is made for sneaking. But in all seriousness this is a perk with intense overpowerment. Use with caution, all challenge from game may be extinct afterwards.