What are you going to call your character?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I'm actually going to call him my name and make him look like me. I think it's pretty bizarre that so many people create characters that are nothing like themselves and try to get all authentic with the name. Some guy told me he always plays as a female Argonian Mage named Kiva. That's just weird.

What if you have a name like Bob? Won't that ruin the immersion? A lizard called Bob? No thanks! ;)

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Besides, we are role-playing here, folks. You’re not required to role-play as yourself ... in fact, that seems like the less interesting / challenging option.

Cole

Mythik
I'm actually going to call him my name and make him look like me. I think it's pretty bizarre that so many people create characters that are nothing like themselves and try to get all authentic with the name. Some guy told me he always plays as a female Argonian Mage named Kiva. That's just weird.
What's so weird about that? This is a fantasy RPG where you can make who ever you want, be whoever you want, and do what ever you want.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
What about John/Jane Doe? :p
He or she is basically complete stranger to the world, so...

I think I'll go with Vimalamitra, or another Sanksrit name I can come up with.

Jep

What if you have a name like Bob? Won't that ruin the immersion? A lizard called Bob? No thanks! ;)
I think it's much more interesting to actually be myself in another world, as opposed to someone else. There's no immersion like being yourself in a game.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I think it's much more interesting to actually be myself in another world, as opposed to someone else. There's no immersion like being yourself in a game.

But doesn't that ruin escapist fun of playing games? For example, when I like to take a brain-vacation of whatever that is happening in my life at time, I turn PC on and start to play Witcher. You know, sometimes I really do want to ruin the immerions of being me.

Flamingtaco

I think trying to be yourself in TES ruins the whole fantasy setting and the oppurtunity to be nonhuman races.

Jep

I think trying to be yourself in TES ruins the whole fantasy setting and the oppurtunity to be nonhuman races.
I suppose I just don't like the races of TES enough to be one of them. I like these games, but they're not exactly the best stories or characters. If I liked it enough, I might want to actually role-play, but so far no game has presented a setting intriguing enough for me to even think about being someone else. I would actually be offended if the game gave me a generated name.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I suppose I just don't like the races of TES enough to be one of them. I like these games, but they're not exactly the best stories or characters. If I liked it enough, I might want to actually role-play, but so far no game has presented a setting intriguing enough for me to even think about being someone else. I would actually be offended if the game gave me a generated name.
Whatever floats your boat, bro. Sometimes, I guess it is fun to project yourself into a fictional world. I try to get in character for immersion purposes. The lore of TES universe is really fantastic. The story of TES games isn't just about about the main quest plot. TES universe has a very long history of Gods and mortals and it is told like mythology but with some degree of truth behind each epic tale. There are many interpretations and it's really interesting if you come across those stories in the game. I hope you enjoy the lore of the game as much as I do :]

Flamingtaco

Well I'm not like a hardcore roleplayer or anything so I don't care too much about immersing myself into the game as my character, but as far as gameplay goes I like the racial bonuses of just about everything except Imperials so I guess that's not for me, but play however you like.

Flamingtaco

Ugh I hated that guy, I couldn't understand why he was still essential after you joined the thieves guild, still he made good target practice

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
I didn't name my guy after him though. I was just looking through a list of Argonian names on UESP and I liked Amusei. I pronounce it differently. The one in Oblivion was pronounced Amoo-sai. I pronounce mine as Amoo-sey. I like him though, but then again I like all Argonians lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts