• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Haru17

Lost Falmer
If there's no more DLC then what's going to happen to the trademark?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Nothing. As has been stated numerous times in these forums and elsewhere by those of us that knew better, the trademark application had absolutely nothing to do with any Elder Scrolls DLC. It is and has always been there to protect Zenimax's trademark for the game Redguard which Pete Hines confirmed on his Twitter account several days ago.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Nothing. As has been stated numerous times in these forums and elsewhere by those of us that knew better, the trademark application had absolutely nothing to do with any Elder Scrolls DLC. It is and has always been there to protect Zenimax's trademark for the game Redguard which Pete Hines confirmed on his Twitter account several days ago.

I just don't understand their thought process. They drop Morrowind's trademark, but keep Redguard? What is the method to their madness.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Morrowind is a registered trademark. I have no idea why you think otherwise.

Morgan

Well, I guess some posters are not to bet trusted.

No need to trust posters; check the source (semi-)directly.

http://www.uspto.gov

Under "Trademarks" click "Trademark Search" then "Basic Word Mark Search". Shows "Morrowind" is an active trademark renewed around six months ago.

[Edited so link isn't to expired search]

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts