Review Werewolves vs. Vampires

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one are you?

• Total voters

Ironlung888

WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!
I gotta go with werewolves, all the way. Ever since I was a kid I loved the idea of werewolves. The Howling, American Werewolf in London(the older one not the one from the 90's) Silver Bullet, Dog Soldiers, a good werewolf movie is not easy to find but there out there, and books and stories as well which i won't list. Being fascinated with werewolf lore when I found out Skyrim had werewolves I was ecstatic. Not only could you fight them, you could become one, and not only play as a werewolf controlled by the cycles of the moon, but you could change at will!! After getting Skyrim I completed the necessary quests with the Companions to become a werewolf. After that i haven't completed any more, I just lusted after the sheer power of a werewolf form. Sadly, I do not use beast form very much. I think it is a skill in itself, to control the beast form. I haven't taken the time to it learn yet. I have seen guys on YouTube who are absolutely devastating, so I know the brute strength and bloodlust of a werewolf is there. It's partially the mandatory change to 3rd person view the gets me, since I primarily play in first person. In the future I will take the time to learn to control the beast form, as of yet I'm still too infatuated with the quests to take the time for that. I think on my next playthrough I will have my character be controlled by the moon and see where that takes me.

When I first started playing Skyrim it was Werewolf no question but now for me the choice is vampire. I love playing as a female Dunmer vampire. I like how as you progress through the stages of vampirism your character will look a little more sickly and the eyes change it's subtle but effective for me. And people often complain about the weaknesses and the flaws in the lore (which I still think your vampire powers should get stronger from feeding and weaker from starving) but I find the weaknesses don't really matter if you are smart about it.

Straumgald

The weaknesses are hardly noticeable, most of the fighting you do is in dungeons anyway, in town you can buy and sell as normal as long as you don't go stage 4. To take full advantage of necromage you can be an enchanter, unless you've shunned tradeskills. Without making potions (I still use any that drop or I can find at vendors) my armor enchantments are more powerful than anything I've made with 100 alchemy and enchanting on other characters. I capped my smithing perks at Arcane Blacksmith, since you can get Daedric (minus boots) from the Atronach Forge and you hit the armor cap easily without the relevant perk. I do wish I had tried out being a vampire before I got too powerful.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts