Well that didn't take very long....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

skydawg

I'm a little disappointed with Dawnguard. Not a lot of new content, pretty much breezed through it. I wish they had waited a little longer and added more. It had it's moments, but far too short. I wonder how long it will be before we have the next expansion?

skydawg

Wow, 29 views and nobody shares my sentiments? That just shows a lot more courage in the game than some real objective criticism overall.

skydawg

is it even worth buying it?
Yes it is, but you kind of end up with blue balls when all is said and done. In other words, it will definitely leave you wanting more and with a rather empty feeling...which is maybe how they wanted you feeling. I just felt they could have done a lot more with it, imho ofcourse.

Greedy_Bee

Yea i was too. didnt challenge me too much and there are SO many bugs with it that its just a pain in the ass. I didnt have game breaking bugs but a ton of visual bugs which always piss me off.

ShadowGambit

It is a DLC, not an expansion.

Shivering Isles was an expansion for Oblivion.

Here it is just a buffed paid patch/upgrade on steroids. You are paying for the steroids though

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
Worth the money/points, and you get Legendary and Revered dragons which usually have daedric armour or weapons on them and Falmer Warmongers which have 2 new armours that have the same rating as Ebony armour. They all have grand souls to so it's quite easy to fill all your soul gems if you go into a Dwemer ruin at that level.

Apophis

It is a DLC, not an expansion.

Shivering Isles was an expansion for Oblivion.

Here it is just a buffed paid patch/upgrade on steroids. You are paying for the steroids though
Unfortunately ... you are correct :sadface: so much hype for so little

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Saddly this is true, at least the quests that it did have were tricked out. Lost to the Ages and the entire main questline had plenty of unique items, quest mechanics, and other cool things.

I hope we get a more extensive DLC next.

It was good, but not great. There could've been more and there should've been more, in my own opinion. It lacked what Shivering Isles had for Oblivion, and that was an immersive world. Granted, *SPOILER*, seeing a living Snow Elf was pretty freaking cool, even that lacked...something.

But like I said, good but not great.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
It was good, but not great. There could've been more and there should've been more, in my own opinion. It lacked what Shivering Isles had for Oblivion, and that was an immersive world. Granted, *SPOILER*, seeing a living Snow Elf was pretty freaking cool, even that lacked...something.

But like I said, good but not great.

It's just that it was so short. As epic as the snow elf experience was, tricked out with Auriel's bow and shield, as well as their armor, it was only one dungeon. Now granted that was a very long dungeon, but one dungeon can only be so much. I want snow elf ruins in a forest, on an island, and atop a mountain. They need diversity, and more content provides that.

It's just that it was so short. As epic as the snow elf experience was, tricked out with Auriel's bow and shield, as well as their armor, it was only one dungeon. Now granted that was a very long dungeon, but one dungeon can only be so much. I want snow elf ruins in a forest, on an island, and atop a mountain. They need diversity, and more content provides that.

You know, that is a good point...where are all the Snow Elf ruins...?

dar-varla-cey

Master Thief
Worth the money/points, and you get Legendary and Revered dragons which usually have daedric armour or weapons on them and Falmer Warmongers which have 2 new armours that have the same rating as Ebony armour. They all have grand souls to so it's quite easy to fill all your soul gems if you go into a Dwemer ruin at that level.
sweet!!!!

Haru17

Lost Falmer
You know, that is a good point...where are all the Snow Elf ruins...?

In random caves... seriously, I was really disappointed with how Fort Dawnguard was just in some random cave instead of terraformed into the land. That's why I'm excited for a possible island snow elf ruin: it could be an outdoor dungeon as there's plenty of room. The same thing can apply to mountaintops. I'd love to see ruins in Falkreath Hold and in that valley above Markarth, to the west. Overall I really hope we get more expansions adding onto the land of Skyrim instead of just adding more "dungeons" like the forgotten vale. As cool as it was, it should've been in the overworld. The same thing actually applies to Fallowstone Cave and the Giant's Grove; I guess the just happens when Bethesda is short on time and/or lazy.

Kruise

Khajiit will smell them coming.
I personally loved it, tons of new fights and other things such as that..
*SPOILER*
Such as, on my way to fight and get Auriels bow, I got attacked by 2 dragons coming in and out of the water, so I was toying with them and I would hide underwater for them to crash through the ice.