weapons thats you wish were included in Skyrim ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Grohiik

the wolf
if could have two thing in Skyrim (aside from dragon mouts) it would have to be to swords from Oblivion and the Shivering Isles that i enjoyed was DawnFang/Duskfang and Umbra man I loved those swords. Well I said my wishes

JakeGeorge!

Orc Life
I wish the warhammers actually looked like warhammers. They all look like clubs, I was hoping for some paladin-esque mallets or something.

edge

Well im a sword collector and the one sword i wish was in skyrim is kit rae exotath seriously look it up on google images because this sword is sweet

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Spears/pikes would be awesome. Lore friendly and really good for those who like ranged combat but hate bows.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
More ranged weapons.
Javelins, shurikens, poison darts, ect.

The Twitchy Cat

Batman is shocked at your comment.
I wanted a Halberd. Still do.

Would make for awesome decapitations.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I really want one handed war hammers. Even if they did the same or less damage than maces I wouldn't care, there's just something badass about hammers.

Akim

Spears/pikes would be awesome. Lore friendly and really good for those who like ranged combat but hate bows.

Same, but I think I understand why many games do not. Especially in first person view games, the animation and movement involved with spear fighting would be awkward to implement. Not impossible, mind you, but it can just turn out looking very wonky most of the time.

I kinda wish the cerebral bore was in Skyrim, though.

Morgan

I really want one handed war hammers. Even if they did the same or less damage than maces I wouldn't care, there's just something badass about hammers.

Yeah. I picture the farrier girl from Knight's Tale standing in front of the stocks wielding her blacksmith hammer. That's just the kind of low-born peasant you're invited to play as the Dragonborn here. Also hoes and pitchforks. Untrained people will use as weapons the tools they are most familiar with. That's where weapons like flails and warhammers originated anyway.

Edit: ah, I see you were talking about warhammers, not regular ol' hammers. I still agree, and guess the rest of my post can stand as a secondary suggestion! :D

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Same, but I think I understand why many games do not. Especially in first person view games, the animation and movement involved with spear fighting would be awkward to implement. Not impossible, mind you, but it can just turn out looking very wonky most of the time.

I kinda wish the cerebral bore was in Skyrim, though.

What's great is that in the Game Jam they actually coded spears into the game, and in 3rd person it was pretty nice in terms of animation but I guess I see How a sweeping or thrusting motion can be weird in 1st person. Still, some really cool weapons of legend would be something like the spear of the snow prince... :/

A ball and chain, imagine how epic it would be to run into a crowded room swinging one of those

TwintailHellcat

The Kasha of Old Hell
I wish the warhammers actually looked like warhammers. They all look like clubs, I was hoping for some paladin-esque mallets or something.
Mmm, I think one of the Daedric weapons looks mallet-esque.

Jaeger

Something like Mjoiner, Thor's Hammer. Could make a nord spell Mage with lightening, Storm call shout.

Hand crossbows and throwing daggers.

Clau

The Fateless One
Clawed gauntlets and a scythe.

Haru17

Lost Falmer

This would be fun, I'd imagine the controls being right attack button for normal combat and block + right attack button (bash) would throw the spear. I think it'd be cool for them to be somewhere in between arrows and one hand weapons in terms of expense, since they'd inevitably get lost or otherwise destroyed. Because of this I'd like them to be crafted like the bolts in Dawnguard, with built in enchantments and 3-5 per recipe.

I hope any new weapon types would be integrated into all gear types (ex: elven, dwarven, ebony, the rest) rather than just having two types like the disappointing crossbow.

Clawed gauntlets and a scythe.

I'd love to have a few new, unique gauntlets with special attack enchantments to further bolster the unarmed play style.