• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
This has been addressed individually, but I really have been disappointed in all of the key boss fights. Alduin, Miraak and Harkon were easily disposed of by characters all Level 32 or below. Shouldn't these fights be a challenge for characters at the highest levels?

Two Bears

I also agree with this. There are peaks and valleys like in any game, but generally I think the game is too easy. Dragonborn did up the level of difficulty, kind of like Point Lookout and the added enemies of Broken Steel in Fallout 3, but the overall challenge of surviving combat is not there. Depending on the type of character you play, you have have a fairly difficult start; it can be particularly challenging for mages early one. However, once you reach the early 20's you are well on your path to godhood.

Arena, the first game in the series, was very much the opposite. It became so incredibly challenging that out of 10 plays, you might get out of the tutorial dungeon 3 times. It seems that Bethesda slowly became shy to that sort of challenge, and each game in the series has become easier. While I think that the difficulty of Arena was a bit too much, bordering on 'NES hard' at points, I would like to see some increased challenge in future titles.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I second this. Dragons , considered as Harbingers of End times , should also overpower most opponents except the Dragonborn , of course :p. Though they should still be a challenge for us. During the DB quest , 'Hail Sithis' , I thought the Katariah would be full of soldiers and most of them , if not all , would be tough as they were the Emperor's personal elite guardians. They all met their demise without giving much of a challenge though.....

Have you , by any chance , beaten the Ebony Warrior (On your other characters , if you have any) ?

I second this. Dragons , considered as Harbingers of End times , should also overpower most opponents except the Dragonborn , of course . Though they should still be a challenge for us. During the DB quest , 'Hail Sithis' , I thought the Katariah would be full of soldiers and most of them , if not all , would be tough as they were the Emperor's personal elite guardians. They all met their demise without giving much of a challenge though.....

Have you , by any chance , beaten the Ebony Warrior (On your other characters , if you have any) ?

Since I have never had a character go above level 50, I have never met him. I can't see grinding up the remaining levels just for this one encounter. Maybe in a year when I have absolutely nothing left to do.:p

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
There was no fight in Skyrim where I thought "wow this is really hard, I need to change my strategy". Briarheart's were more difficult than Alduin.

Solitude

Inactive
im level 78, and i find dragur death lords to be most challenging... especially when there's like 12 of them at once..

Star Gazer

With the introduction of legendary difficulty, I have a feeling we're all going to enjoy this game a bit more.

sticky runes

Well there's not really any strategy to killing any of the bosses in this game. It's not like you have to expose a weak spot and hit it from a particular angle or anything, they usually just hover around and you hit them until their health runs out and that's it.

Mind you, I prefer easy bosses to games where the boss fight just drags on and on.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
At it's core, the Elder Scrolls games are roleplaying games. I suspect the potential ease of beating bosses is tied to this. There are lots of things a game developer can do to make bosses tougher by following the lead of FPS games and putting in actually abilities and mechanics that aren't related to scale but it would end up frustrating a lot of players who would rather focus on the RP element of the game. Even without the new Legendary difficulty setting there are a lot of players that can't handle the bosses at Master difficulty setting.

Scaling of damage dealt and received is the simplest way to put in a feature that can somewhat accommodate both needs but ultimately if boss difficulty is that important to a player they're probably better off camping bosses in Pandora.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts