• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Felidae

The White Wanderer
    Felidae paused, shocked. For a second, she was rooted to the spot, staring at the point Kohl had been standing not half a minute before.
    A moment passed.
    It was then that she realized she'd gone too far. She had caused his transformation and now he was gone, possibly forever. And it was all her fault.
    She stared at the ground, trying not to make eye contact with Shisha.
    "Oh..." she said softly. "Oh dear..."
    A deep feeling of shame welled up within her, and her tail drooped dismally. Thanks to her, the attack on the Druadach camp was now going to be that much more difficult, and could possibly even result in a failure.
    She dared to take a fleeting glance at the Snow-Elf out the corner of her eye, and was surprised to see not anger on her face, but sadness.
    Felidae's fingers slipped over the handle of her knife, and she cursed herself inwardly. How could she have been so stupid? How could she have let her own feelings take control and compromise the mission in this way? She was better than this, wasn't she? Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Still looking at the ground, she turned and began to leave the camp. "I'm... going for a walk," she mumbled to the others before slinking off into the hills, tail hanging miserably.

< That Damned Arrow >

... but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    He had run long. Far. Kohl now paused at the feet of one of the large mountain-like hills that create the Druadach Mountain range. He glanced left and right wearily.
    He had overreacted. Transforming like that only proved his weakness. But Felidae's insult had been the last straw. Still, he'd let his emotion take over. He always guarded against that - staying away from people he might get too close to, not getting involved in anything, taking extra precautions ... Shisha, he thought. Immediately, his form growled softly; nobody except maybe a few from the Circle would understand that it was not anger that caused it, but sadness. And anger, at himself. I should have never ... damn, why am I letting myself get so close to anyone?! 'To love is to fall' they say, but I never imagined it this way... In his wolf form, his thoughts always came freely and unforbidden. Thinking of Shisha brought him feelings he had never felt before; companionship, happiness ... he felt he was challenged every second, and yet he loved it. And, he feared, he loved her.
    He closed his eyes, his ears twitching. As something crackled near him, he opened them. A wolf stood before him, staring at him and growling slightly. Kohl huffed slightly. The two stared for a second longer before the wolf padded off in another direction. Kohl watched him go before huffing nonchalently at himself. Just a little run. Maybe when the sun climbs to my head, I'll return. Give them some time. Or ... He couldn't help but glance over at the crags of the mountain range, at a spot where he knew Druadach Redoubt was. Where Faldil was. He could end this, once and for all ... in this form, surely, he could not be taken down. At least, not quite so easily. It'd be fun, too.
    The others would hate me for it, he thought. The others already hate you. Remember what you said to Shisha? Your overreacting, Orthington, the other voice in his head grumbled. He sighed and looked away. He, in a sense, was right. He'd caused enough damage.
    He opened his maw and let forth a tumbling howl. It was low and oddly tuned, and rolled across the landscape; a terrible thing, yet almost beautiful in raw emotion. Fear, anguish, anger, confusion. He let it out in one loud, growling yowl before continuing on his 'run' about the hills, letting his thoughts fade away into the background.

Back at camp, Idris glanced away from them all. Too much emotion. It was ridiculous, really, not amusing anymore, not even interesting in a galactic sense. Too much emotion. She brushed blades of grass off of her curiass, unsure what to do. Kohl's transformation was no unexpected for her, but the resulting reaction was.

(0_o Whew!)

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    Shisha was surprised at Felidae's reaction, she had expected to face the gods once more, but this time in death not summoning. A thought came to her mind. Kohl, he had transformed and took off. She turned on her heels, Falcion stood rooted to the spot. "What the hell just happened?" Shisha crossed her arms a slightly confused look on her face. "I'm not for sure, but I'm going to go find him." She started to walk, off her back to him when Falcion spoke. "Are you sure it's him you care for? Or is it because he looks like Zeran?" Shisha was in his face in a blink of an eye. "Kohl, is a totally different person Falcion! I can't go back in time and change what I did! You know what happen you have seen my memories, when will you grow up and stop acting like a child?! You're not old enough to claim infancy anymore so stop acting like an ignorant, stuck up noble, because your not!" Falcion had a pissed off look on his face. "I do act like an adult! You were a pampered, snobby, little princess who would throw a temper tantrum when something didn't go her way! So don't talk to me about being a child!" Shisha turned on her heels, and taking a new form that of a white fox with blue eyes. She dissapeared in the direction Kohl had went off to. Falcion cursed loudly, and looked at Idris. "What's your opinion on this? You have hardly said anything, and I'm Falcion by the way."

< That Damned Arrow >

"Idris. A pleasure," Idris said, glancing at where Shisha had disappeared off to. "Your Breton friend's reaction wasn't a big surprise to me," she shrugged. "The bounty hunter and your lady companion, though, was. In a way." She looked at him, her eyes curious. "I told your Khajiit friend that it'd be a good idea to half someone make a distraction - a group would be best on this, so nobody would actually get killed. Then one - or two would be a better option, for many possible cases - of you would sneak up and slit that madman's throat." She smiled pleasantly. "But of course it isn't that easy, I suppose." She leaned on one of the dead trees, gentle and respectful of her weight on it's base. "And you, Falcion? Where do your thoughts run?"

Kohl's senses were overblown. He'd passed the gate of thoughts of his, letting his wolf spirit guide him through the hills. He had since slowed. He paused, giving the air a deep, single sniff. Someone is coming. He turned his head in the way back to the camp, shrugging off the emotions that followed. He could feel the weight of the sun on his fur already. He'd have to transform back to human form again, quite soon. And he never fed as a werewolf; he had stubbornly pled to the Circle that he would never lead himself into Hircine's territory as such, especially in such a terrible manner. I mean, werewolves can have manners, right?
    Again, the sun. He growled, soft and incoherent, before taking a fulfilling breath and turning to head back to camp. There was probably shade from trees nearby: there, he could get back into his clothes in human form before anyone came looking for him and found him in such an embarrassing state. He hoped, at least, that would not happen.

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    "My thought's?" Falcion scowled. "My thought's lead me to think this will not be just a simple kill and run job. I know Shisha is growing feelings for Kohl, however Shisha is not complete. Her spirit is still bound, she will be released from her prison eventually but it could be a life time until then. As for Kohl, she had confided in me her suspicions about Kohl's beast nature long ago. She had a feeling, but she was not sure."

Shisha had tracked Kohl far from camp. It's not like it was hard, he wasn't exactly being subtle. She began to approach Kohl. When she was several feet away from him, she sat down and wrapped her tail around her. Her electric blue eye's stared at him with concern. {Kohl......calm down....please.}

< That Damned Arrow >

He watched her, slowing quickly to a stop. {I overreacted.} He sounded calm, his mental tone a whisper, effortless with various emotions, compared to his human nature's shy and limited but vivid and more supported voice. His body stood impatiently still. {I'm sorry. All the strange raw emotion from the past few days ... the past decades ... it all came crashing down. 'Dirty mongrel'! I can be at times. Indeed. I may have mastered the mind of my beast nature, but that was the last straw. I'm willing to put it against the Forsworn, but I don't think the others would appreciate that. I'm a danger ... to you, to the others, even to myself. I guess I always have been.} He paused in thought. {You came after me.}

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    {I did.} She stood and his clothes appeared in the space between them. She turned away from him. {Go ahead.} She sounded hurt and upset. She started to walk away.

< That Damned Arrow >

{Wa-} he began, just as his fur danced to the ground. Cursing softly, he drew his curiass over himself so that he was at least presentable. So he could talk to her. "Shisha. Lady.." His eyes flicked to the ground. "I...didn't mean that. Not like that. I love spending time with you," he admitted, looking up as he sits down and begins to pull on his boots. "A lot. I was frustrated back there. It..." He sighed, deep in-chest sounding. He looked down at the boot again and then set to putting on the other one. Overreacted. plops. What's wrong with me?

(I wonder the same about myself nearly every second I live ;D)

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    She stopped in her tracks, still in the form of a fox. With a flash of red, she was back to normal. "Next time choose your words more carefully." Her long blonde hair blew with the breeze, her blue eye shown with hurt, lonliness, and despair. She was alone, the last of a noble race.

< That Damned Arrow >

The hurt, the loneliness, the anguish. It burned through Kohl's heart, but this time he dared not look away. "Shisha," he repeated. "I.." Don't want to walk alone. He wanted to stant and walk to her, but was afraid of her turning him away. Enough of fear, he thought to himself. He pulled on his gauntlets, his hood still limp on his shoulder blades, and walked over, near cautious at first. "This isn't the end," he said finally. "Every night turns to morning, right?" It was an old saying the maids had muttered to him when he raged. He had one day finally understood the quote's true meaning.
    That was the day that he left.
    This only added to it's meaning. The Snow Elves were practically nearly gone, and Shisha may have lost her companions from endless years past. But every night turns to morning.

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    "That is true." Her eyes went to the ground, she ran her fingers over the figure of the bird that lay around her neck. Memories of the past came to her mind, bringing tears to her eyes. Rushing over to him, she hugged him tight as the tears came freely.

Felidae

The White Wanderer
    Felidae, meanwhile, was still wandering the hills. She was deep in thought.
    The strong sense of shame that was hanging over her had been replaced, inevitably, by anger. True, she had lost her temper back there, but the Elf had no right to threaten her in that way and Kohl had been as much use as an out-of-water Argonian. And now that he had transformed, she doubted whether it'd be possible to reason with him at all... if he hadn't killed her first, of course.
    She took a seat on a nearby rock, trying not to think about the near-death experience she had faced back at camp.
    Nothing had gone her way since the journey had started, and they were no closer to capturing Faldil as they were back at the Silver-Blood Inn, especially as they were now, for some reason, teaming up with a member of the Forsworn. In fact, she was beginning to wonder whether it would have been easier to just go alone, taking into account the recent turn of events.
    Felidae sighed and scratched her wrist, pondering over the current situation.
    She was stuck in the middle of nowhere with a Snow-Elf queen that probably wanted to kill her, a Forsworn agent that probably wanted to kill her, the Elf's friend that also probably wanted to kill her, and a crazy werewolf that nearly did kill her. And to top it all off, at some point in the near future she was going to have to face a camp full of bloodthirsty enemies and a madman.
    In all, it wasn't looking too good, even by Felidae's standards. But on the bright side, at least things couldn't really get any worse...
    "Make one move and you're dead, cat."
    Oh brilliant.
    Glancing up, Felidae counted six Forsworn soldiers standing around her; two of them were Shamans, one Briarheart, and the rest had bows, all notched and aimed right at her.
    She sighed heavily. Somehow, it may have just got worse.

< That Damned Arrow >

(lol - 'And to top it all off, at some point in the near future she was going to have to face a camp full of bloodthirsty enemies and a madman'....which also want to kill her. Sorry, I just found that somehow funny)

Kohl let the air wash out of his chest in surprise as Shisha's arms wrapped around his chest. He'd never seen her so emotional, even back at the camp. She just seemed to helpless to him, hopeless even ... "We'll bring them back," he said softly as he hugged her back. "I promise on my heart, we'll find a way."

(They'll come soon? This is coolish..)

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    (I have a few Ideas, but i don't know how soon.)

At his words she began to calm down. It had been to long since some one had even held her like this, she felt safe. Something she hadn't felt in centuries. "My people's enslavement was my own fault. I should have just followed Fate's plan, and either died or became one of the Betrayed.....Maybe then I wouldn't be so alone."

< That Damned Arrow >

He detached himself from her and looked hardly into her eyes. "Don't speak like that. Fate is on a one-way path, and no amount of guilt or distress can or will change that. You did what you felt you had to in your power. I would have done the same. What the Divines do is their own problem, and their own way of dealing with various issues. They, too, certainly must have different points of views on things too. Perhaps you're still alive because you're meant for some greater purpose; Fate in the least has deemed it worthy for you to continue. As for the Betrayed ... Gelebor hopes that there's still hope for them, but I doubt so. Their culture is far different than yours; if you had ended up as one of them, then you would not even be a Mer anymore, but something far from it. And I for one am glad that you did what you did. You and Falcion must have been fated to be companions. And perhaps ... perhaps you and I also have a date with destiny." He smiled slightly. His transformation, seemingly, had washed away some of his self-doubting shyness from before, but he still looked wary as he added that last sentence.
    He laughed suddenly. "And I am glad that I escaped from home. It's been an adventure, to say the least. I've found a new family - the Companions. I met you, and Falcion, and the others..surely Fate is kind enough in that matter."

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    "Perhaps." She looked at the ground. "We better get back." She turned and started walking back to camp.

< That Damned Arrow >

Kohl followed. He looked down and realized he had left Solar back at camp. He kept his eyes and, more particularly, his ears open. "What happened to the others when I ran off?" he asked.

Idris was looking at the Breton's sword, nearly lost in the grass. She bent down and picked it up, then carefully rested it against the base of one of the dead trees a few paces away from where she had previously been standing.

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    "Felidae took off, and me and Falcion started argueing." She had a sad tone to her voice at the mention of Falcion. She kept walking.

< That Damned Arrow >

Kohl frowned and glanced ahead at the distance. "I've never thought such a thing possible, you two coming to an argument," he near admitted.

(Btw, a random note, my new avatar (which I change frequently) is my only 'fixed' screenshot that brings a sharp light to his scars.)

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    "Yes, it was a surprise to me as well. He considers me his best friend, we have never fought except for once before this." Shisha said solemly.